PDA

View Full Version : #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek?

SF18C
01-04-2013, 11:10
Just checked my DA Civie LES and sure as sh!+, Obama got me too!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/336934/whyismypaychecklessthisweek-nathaniel-botwinick#

glebo
01-04-2013, 11:12
Haaa, they told a "mis truth"..or whatever.

payroll taxes didn't go up....but your SS tax went up, I assume to pay for the massive stealing..er I mean borrowing the gov't has taken from it...

Aint life grand....lost 53 bucks a pay period.

But...hey, I suppose I'm doing my part to help the debt...:eek:

SF18C
01-04-2013, 11:15
You got off light...I got raped...I am paying a "fairer" share than you! HAHAHA

Hand
01-04-2013, 12:03
I expected my share of "fair" to increase. Even though the 'progressives' I speak to all said "pfft - he's only taxing the rich". Yeah. We all knew that was a lie.

I hate to hear that you fine warriors are bearing some of the "fairness". Its disgusting.

Badger52
01-04-2013, 12:44
We got volunteered to be noble 3 years ago. The recent executive order is to lessen the effect of the new fairness, so that we won't notice how fairly we're being treated.

"Welllll, ya get up in da mornin'..."

Where's Fogerty when ya need him most?
:boohoo

Lan
01-04-2013, 12:54
First Term
1) Increase services and handouts, demonize the people who work hard / tax us to death. Redistribution.

Second Term
2) Take away our right to defend ourselves, make us completely dependent on government. Enslave us.

afchic
01-04-2013, 18:43
Checked my husband's LES this morning and it was missing $83. Can't wait to see what my fairshare is on the 15th.

The Reaper
01-04-2013, 18:59
Down $77, but it was Social Security deductions, which should never have been cut in the first place.

TR

Mr Furious
01-05-2013, 06:53
Down $77, but it was Social Security deductions, which should never have been cut in the first place.

TR

totally agree. it shouldn't have been touched, and it is just going back to the adjusted rate. some info that was given to us on the subject is below.

Congress passed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, with the House approving the legislation late New Years Day. The bill has been signed into law by the President.

The main payroll tax related considerations include:

• The Act continues the lower “Bush-era” income tax rates for individuals earning up to $400,000 and households earning up to $450,000. The tax rate for earnings in excess of those thresholds will now increase from 35% to 39.6%.
• The Act does not extend the ‘payroll tax holiday’, so the employee Social Security tax rate will go from 4.2% back to 6.2% up to the 2013 taxable wage limit of $113,700.

We will continue to monitor and address your payroll taxes to comply with 2013 tax laws.

Payroll Tax Holiday – Employee Social Security Withholding

Since the “Payroll Tax Holiday” expired on December 31, 2012, we are currently calculating all 2013 payrolls using a rate of 6.2 percent for the employee portion of Social Security tax. Our systems have been updated to reflect the new rate. Employees will see a decrease in their net “take home” pay as a result of this change.

Bush-Era Tax Cuts – Employee Federal Withholding

As stated above, the Bush-era tax cuts have been extended for all income ranges except for individuals earning over $400,000 per year. The rates on those high income individuals will increase from 35% to 39.6%. Because the IRS has not released 2013 federal withholding tables, we are currently calculating 2013 payrolls with the 2012 rates. Once the updated tables are released, we will update our systems to calculate withholding at the new rates.

Generally, employees will make up or be refunded the difference in withholding on their personal income tax returns; however, you can request an adjustment to your withholding. In addition to federal impact, several states whose withholding is tied to federal withholding tax tables are waiting for federal tables to be released before they release their state income tax tables.

Dusty
01-05-2013, 07:00
Up 26 bucks. Waitin' on my phone.:D.

Ret10Echo
01-05-2013, 07:34
You got off light...I got raped...I am paying a "fairer" share than you! HAHAHA

Well...you know that some animals are more equal than others.... This must be what they meant.

Box
01-05-2013, 08:27
You should ALL quit complaining. The fact that your taxes have just gone up shows that you are now some of the "wealthiest Americans"

Congratulations on your hard work, I am glad it has finally paid off. Welcome to the top 1% !!!

longrange1947
01-05-2013, 11:51
Thank you TR, I have been trying to explain that little nugget to a great many people. The shaft is not that it raised this month, the shaft is to the people that will lose SS faster since Obama bought votes by dropping the tax two years ago thus rushing the insolvency of the program. He would have to raise the tax to go back to the original insolvency of 2026 or something like that. Due to his meddling, the SS is now paying out more than they take in, this goes back to barely balancing it.

cbtengr
01-05-2013, 15:49

TR

SS should never have been messed with, a lot of folks cannot grasp this. I remember back in the early 80's how taxes were cut but only in the sense that the govt. withheld less and that that would be made up when taxes were filed the following year. I really got hit and had to borrow money to pay my taxes, after that I had additional money with held. I prefer my withholding to match what I owe, getting a refund only means that the govt. had your money to play with instead of you.

Roguish Lawyer
01-05-2013, 17:13
My butt really hurts

glebo
01-06-2013, 05:58
damn...didn't even get a kiss.....

MrBox2113
01-06-2013, 09:08
You guys are really making me scared to see what I'm going to get hit with as my reenlistment bonus didn't come in before the 1st of the year as we had hoped.

Pete
01-06-2013, 10:29
Dude, you reenlisted in a taxable zone?

Your Chain of Command couldn't find some place tax free to send you for a few months?

GratefulCitizen
01-06-2013, 19:42
Guess what voters, they don't need you anymore.
Some prefer to learn the hard way.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/

VVVV
01-06-2013, 20:32
How the New Tax Legislation Will Affect You

This week Congress made some significant tax decisions that will have a direct impact on your paycheck. Due to these recent Congressional actions, the temporary reduction in the Social Security payroll tax (FICA) has expired and the result will be a 2% increase in Social Security payroll tax deductions. This increase will impact all USF employees*.

Social Security is financed by a 12.4% tax on wages, with employers paying half and workers paying the other half. From 1990 to 2010, the Social Security payroll tax deductions for employees held steady at 6.2% of gross pay. The Tax Relief Act of 2010 reduced the employee deductions from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011 and 2012 as part of an economic stimulus plan. Congress voted to allow that temporary reduction to expire this week. This expiration will raise the percentage of the Social Security payroll tax deducted from employees back up to 6.2%, effective immediately. Therefore, paychecks beginning Jan. 11, 2013 will reflect this 2% increase in the Social Security payroll tax, resulting in a lower net pay.

Separately, Congress voted to increase other tax rates, but these tax increases will not impact the net pay of the majority of employees. A new increase to the personal income tax rates will only affect individuals earning more than $400,000 dollars per year. Workers earning taxable Medicare wages higher than $200,000 per calendar year, beginning Jan. 1, 2013, will be affected by a new requirement for employers to withhold increased Medicare tax, in addition to the 1.45% Medicare tax already being withheld.

1stindoor
01-07-2013, 08:10
Dude, you reenlisted in a taxable zone?

Your Chain of Command couldn't find some place tax free to send you for a few months?

Ahhh....memories,

When the big bonuses started around eight years ago I was the first guy to get it in SWC. But a certain CG (Parker) decided that he was going to make sure no one "got over," and refused to let anyone go overseas to sign their paperwork, even though we had been sending guys to Afghanistan and Iraq to update POIs based on current TTPs. Anyhows...his decision cost me $37,500 right off the top. Then probably another $10,000 at the end of the year.

SF18C
01-07-2013, 08:28
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/?page=1

The Dims are waking up to the realization that when Obama said he wanted to raise taxes...he raised taxes!

A whole new wave of Obama supporters still don’t even know: They’ll get their first 2013 paychecks on the 15th of the month. So when you’re shooting the breeze in the lunchroom with your grumbling co-workers on the 16th, just ask them, “Who’d you vote for in November?” When they say Mr. Obama, just tell them: “Well, you got what you voted for. You did know he was going to raise taxes, right?”

The looks on their faces will be priceless.

frostfire
01-10-2013, 07:33

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:D

thank you so very much for posting that. I'm sure I'm not the only one that smiled ear to ear, while occassionally bust out laughing while reading that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm feeling the cinch as well....but a sparse-minimalistic-frugal-luxury-is-the-enemy lifestyle has its privileges in times like these :)

Smokin Joe
01-10-2013, 08:38
Ahhh....memories,

When the big bonuses started around eight years ago I was the first guy to get it in SWC. But a certain CG (Parker) decided that he was going to make sure no one "got over," and refused to let anyone go overseas to sign their paperwork, even though we had been sending guys to Afghanistan and Iraq to update POIs based on current TTPs. Anyhows...his decision cost me $37,500 right off the top. Then probably another $10,000 at the end of the year.

That is a super dick move!

No leader should ever jack with a persons pay or earnings....

mark46th
01-10-2013, 09:38
Got me for $50. Should I consider myself lucky or ask for more KY Jelly?

Dusty
01-10-2013, 09:47
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/?page=1

The Dims are waking up to the realization that when Obama said he wanted to raise taxes...he raised taxes!

That's what happens when you're more interested in what Bieber, Jay Z or Gaga are doing than who's running the Country.

I bet Obama's numbers are below 40 percent by spring.

Ret10Echo
01-10-2013, 11:22

Liberal, Dim morons...great job... (:mad: JACK@#%%'s). So much for that extra $50 you thought you would have for "legalized" doobage.

Pete
01-11-2013, 07:29
Major Flu Outbreak Threatens to Slow Economy Further

Not much to do with taxes - but this story would have fitted in a number of threads.

Got to find something to blame the slow economy on. Last was Hurricane Sandy - now it's going to be the flu. While the flu hits every year and slows the economy a bit - this year watch it get the blame for a few months - then it will be tornado season.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100369848

"One of the worst flu seasons in a decade is putting further strains on an already sluggish U.S. economy as companies get slammed with increased health care costs and lower productivity from widespread worker absences........................"

Ret10Echo
01-11-2013, 08:32
Major Flu Outbreak Threatens to Slow Economy Further

Not much to do with taxes - but this story would have fitted in a number of threads.

as companies get slammed with increased health care costs ........................"

Gee...if there were only a national healthcare policy in place then all this would be freeeeeeee......