swatsurgeon
12-18-2012, 16:35
Nice knife, signed by the maker........

swatsurgeon
12-18-2012, 18:55
pics.....

swatsurgeon
12-18-2012, 18:56
pics..... I think someone got a bargain at a sale price of $290??

Bill........??

Eagle5US
12-18-2012, 22:39
WOW!:eek:

Makes me wish I would have looked at it :(

Sohei
12-18-2012, 22:43
That is a seriously nice looking knife! Awesome gift for someone!

Barbarian
12-19-2012, 07:33
A large custom Harsey for three hundred bucks............. Merry Christmas to someone.

Bill Harsey
12-19-2012, 08:09
This is not a Harsey knife, I did not make or design that knife.

This knife pictured is a counterfeit, the signature has been counterfeited.

This is a rip off, I think it's from Communist China.

Streck-Fu
12-19-2012, 08:12
How the hell do you get that knife into and out of that sheath?

Bill Harsey
12-19-2012, 08:13

That doesn't matter, the knife is a f**kin' ripoff. I didn't make it.

Streck-Fu
12-19-2012, 08:25
Sorry, I was just commenting that the first thing that jumped out at me was the sheath was contoured to the shape of the blade. There is no way to get that curved knife into the curved sheath.

I would think that would be a more obvious tip off to a potential buyer.

is it too late to be reported as a scam?

VVVV
12-19-2012, 08:36

Open the brass snaps!!

swatsurgeon
12-19-2012, 08:41
It's one thing to forge a design but it seems worse to forge a signature.......can ebay do anything about that or the Feds since it's an imported item with a forged signature?? That could lead to other legal issues related to identity theft??

Streck-Fu
12-19-2012, 09:02
Open the brass snaps!!

Ah, now I see it. It looked decorative at first glance. Still a crappy design.... :p

Eagle5US
12-19-2012, 09:04
It's one think to forge a design but it seems worse to forge a signature.......can ebay do anything about that or the Feds since it's an imported item with a forged signature?? That could lead to other legal issues related to identity theft??
AMEN to THAT!

SO SORRY Bill.:(
While imitation may be dubbed as the highest form of flattery; I can only imagine your personal and professional concerns at actually having someone affix your signature onto what is dubbed a "custom piece".

Knowing your leather work I thought the sheath may have been aftermarket - but that signature is a real eye catcher :(

I wish you the highest success in catching these folks Buddy. It is tremendously unfair that there is such little control over such misrepresentations.

Roguish Lawyer
12-19-2012, 09:16
Bill, I suggest you submit a report here. (SS, he will need the link to the auction.)

http://pages.ebay.com/againstcounterfeits/index.html

Also check out the programs they offer. Here is a knifemaker who participates:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=benchmade_inc

swatsurgeon
12-19-2012, 09:38
I sent Bill the ebay item #, full descrition and sellers 'name'.

Eagle5US
12-19-2012, 09:42
I sent Bill the ebay item #, full descrition and sellers 'name'.

You are a good man Charlie Brown-

swatsurgeon
12-19-2012, 09:44
Here is part of the sellers description about the knife.... note the info about how he validated it:

Up for your consideration a very rare custom made fixed blade knife. William W. Harsey custom autographed fixed blade knife made/finished and signed on October 3rd, 2007. Beautiful custom knife, and leather sheath with both signed by Mr. Harsey. Knife features include:

On Dec-12-12 at 07:27:21 PST, seller added the following information:
NOTE: After receiving a detailed question from potential bidder, and talking briefly last night to my friend/owner of this knife it is possible this knife was a limited production run knife designed by Mr. Harsey, and possibly for Chris Reeves. I will know more after talking with my friend later today, and will update all potential bidders at this point. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and if the opening bid/bidder on this knife would like to retract his/her bid until these details are updated please let me know.

On Dec-12-12 at 14:21:42 PST, seller added the following information:
NOTE: After a phone conversation with the owner of this knife I was given the following details regarding this beautiful Bill Harsey/Chris Reeve custom knife. According to my friend he purchased this knife at a New York knife show in late 2007 as a brand new knife. He was advised this was a very limited sprint run designed by Mr. Bill Harsey in collaboration with Chris Reeve. The total number of knives produced was, and is unknown to him to date. I hope this helps clear up this issue for all who are interested, or may bid on this beautiful rare knife. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to ask, and I will do my best to answer with the help of the owner.

Ret10Echo
12-19-2012, 11:38
talking briefly last night to my friend/owner

Plausible Deniability injected

:munchin

chisumr
12-19-2012, 21:09
I sure hope that EBAY can stop this crap from happening. Bill Harsey makes the finest knives around and I don't want counterfeit knives in the gene pool. I will report to EBAY myself about this, if possible.