PDA

View Full Version : Lowest cutaway I've ever seen.....

Team Sergeant
12-17-2012, 10:30
This guy survived, but not by much.;)

Paratrooper Survives 50-Foot Cutaway!!!

http://iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/friday-freakout-paratrooper-survives-50-foot-cutaway/

Richard
12-17-2012, 10:38
RPI military. Wow! :eek:

Richard :munchin

Team Sergeant
12-17-2012, 10:42
Looks like 100-150 feet to me. But still very very low for a cutaway. I pulled a reserve at about 200 feet with another soldier hanging under my feet......and was told by those on the ground it only opened at about 100 feet, we both survived with minor bruising... ;)

miclo18d
12-17-2012, 16:18
Psycho!!! Thanks for the ID Richard, I was thinking Phillipines or Maylasia but that is 1st Grps domain.

I side with one of my team mates on the cutaway thing... It's hard to cut away if you have ANY silk above you. I think I would have rode that one in with my hand on the reserve handle.

alelks
12-17-2012, 17:12
I would have rode what I had to the ground before pulling at that low of an altitude. :confused:

Sdiver
12-17-2012, 18:24
:eek: :eek:

Seeing video like this reminds me why I was happy to be a Leg. :D

Glad he able to walk away from that .... Yikes. :eek:

ZonieDiver
12-17-2012, 19:36
Seeing video like this reminds me why I was happy to be a Leg.

Pink or not, that's the saddest statement I've ever seen on this forum - well, except for some by a person who shall remain nameless!

FYI, it is not "Leg" - it's "Dirty Leg"! :D

I was a Dirty Leg for only slightly over 160 days... and remedied the situation as fast as the US Army allowed. :lifter

(Even though I was sure, as several Black Hats had assured me, that I was "going to die" on their drop zone.)

Divemaster
12-21-2012, 22:18
While I've never had a reserve ride with either a static or MFF rig, I've seen plenty as DZSO or after hitting the ground on a previous pass and looking up to make sure no one landed on me while recovering my chute. None of our round main canopies could be cut away. Those that pulled the reserve had to ride them both in. So, what the heck were these guys jumping

kgoerz
12-22-2012, 08:00
since when do static line jumpers cut away