PDA

View Full Version : 27 Dead, Including 18 Children, In Elementary School Shooting In Newtown, Conn.

CA_TacMedic
12-14-2012, 11:27
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-report-of-school-shooting-in-conn/

A sad day. Aday to keep those affected in your prayers. Not a day for political crap. Very, very sad.

Wallace

nmap
12-14-2012, 11:29
Truly horrible. Words aren't enough...those poor children. And their families...all at Christmas....

JohnnyBlack
12-14-2012, 11:32
Happened a few towns over from me. Ran many calls in the area.

This is an absolute tragedy...at a complete loss for words.

May god bless this community.

tim180a
12-14-2012, 11:34
My heart cries for the children and their families. May God be with them all.

Chris Cram
12-14-2012, 11:54
My heart cries for the children and their families. May God be with them all.

Amen...

KimuraFTW
12-14-2012, 11:59
I'm practically speechless. With Christmas around the corner, I pray that God looks after all the affected families. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to cope with this tragedy... :(

TrapLine
12-14-2012, 12:03
Prayers out for the families. It is hard to find the right words...

echoes
12-14-2012, 12:04
Prayers are out to all those poor little children and their families.:(

What a horrific tragedy.

Holly

MR2
12-14-2012, 12:09
Sad news - prayers out.

This happens all over the world:

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China (http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story)

Edit:
The worst mass school murder in American history took place on May 18, 1927 in Bath Township, Mich., when a former school board member set off three bombs that killed 45 people.

PedOncoDoc
12-14-2012, 12:22
My heart weeps and my blood boils. There are no words for the tragic loss of innocent children. Prayers out to all affected by this.

MTN Medic
12-14-2012, 12:27
There is nothing but rage and sadness in my heart right now. Senseless and nauseating.

mark46th
12-14-2012, 12:28
Awful, unimaginable, un-necessary...

medic&commo
12-14-2012, 12:32
Tragic senseless loss, please let the media coverage be about the families, not about an agenda.
m&c

TacOfficer
12-14-2012, 12:49
The sorrow and pain that these families feel, I cannot articulate or imagine.
May God be with them and those touched by this tragedy.

Jersey Dirtbag
12-14-2012, 12:51
Apparently this human scum lived in my city, just a few blocks from me. Unspeakably frustrating that pieces of shit like this exist, especially in such close proximity.

Edit: as it turns out, it's not the killer who lived in Hoboken, but his brother.

ECUPirate09
12-14-2012, 13:05
My blood is boiling. Thoughts are with the families.

Media, get the cameras out of the faces of these kids.

Dozer523
12-14-2012, 13:23
TV report is it was the son of a teacher who killed his brother then went for Mom and the kids in her classroom. Shooter is dead.

DIYPatriot
12-14-2012, 13:26
I took the day off to be at home with our son and daughter (both under age 5). Got a text this morning saying that one of our LEO's was gunned down and killed in the line of duty (a mother of 4) (http://www.wmctv.com/story/20346380/one-mpd-officer-dead-after-shooting). She's friends with several soldiers in my wife's MP unit. I turned on the news to get updates about her and see this horrible tragedy unfolding before my eyes.

My heart is breaking in so many directions right now. Those poor kids and their families. I just don't have the words

Badger52
12-14-2012, 13:43
Obama using it to call for gun control without using the words.Yup, heard that. Just couldn't not do it.

Utah Bob
12-14-2012, 13:44
Horrible beyond belief.

spherojon
12-14-2012, 14:47
I have no words for something like this. My thoughts and prayers are out to the families. Un-freakin-believable...

CSM-H
12-14-2012, 15:19
As others have said, words are not enough to properly state everthing I feel about this tragedy...... And unfortunately my second thoughts are on where to hide MY lawfully owned weapons.

Prayers out to the families and all affected. CSM-H

Richard
12-14-2012, 15:45
I've been on the road all morning and listening to this - according to the State Police sopkesman:

27 dead - 20 kindergartners, their teacher (the shooter's mother), principal, and 3 other adults at the school, the father of the shooter who he apparently killed earlier, and the shooter (20 yo male).

18 kids were listed dead at the school; 2 others were seriously wounded and pronounced dead at the hospital where they were taken.

The lone survivor of the shooter's family is his 24 yo brother.

What a terrible situation. :eek: :( :mad:

Richard :munchin

Red Flag 1
12-14-2012, 16:39
Words fail me, I feel such deep sorrow. May the departed Rest In God's Peace. May we someday find answers to end such events, that day can not be too soon.

RF 1

Team Sergeant
12-14-2012, 16:41
A senseless slaughter by an insane coward. So many families in such pain. I could not even imagine what that town and those people are going through right now.

It's crazy that the actions of one insane individual can bring an entire nation to tears.

Gypsy
12-14-2012, 17:03
This is so terrible and tragic, may God be with them all. RIP little ones, and the adults killed as well. Except for the perp, he can rot in hell.

I'm adding my prayers for the first responders. I cannot imagine...

cbtengr
12-14-2012, 18:01
Words fail me, I feel such deep sorrow. May the departed Rest In God's Peace. May we someday find answers to end such events, that day can not be too soon.

RF 1

Very well stated nothing more that I can say. I pray for us all.

Requiem
12-14-2012, 21:46
My heart breaks for the families who lost their little ones and loved ones. Hell is too good a place for that monster.

Prayers for all the families mourning in what should be a very joyous season, but is forever altered in the blink of an eye.

Susan (who has the urge to go hug her kids...)

SomethingWitty
12-14-2012, 22:22
This has been all sorts of awful.

I am really dissapointed that the major news networks thought that it would be appropriate to interview the kids immediatly after it happened.

JM1347
12-15-2012, 10:26
My thoughts and prayers with the families of this senseless tragedy

mojaveman
12-15-2012, 10:47
A sad day indeed.

I wish these type of people would quit taking out their rage on others and instead do themselves in.

God be with the families of the victims.

SpNkid
12-19-2012, 07:28
I pray with you. Something is going wrong in the world.

MR2
12-20-2012, 13:01
"So another mass-murder conducted by a product of government schools, in a government school, under the government-recommended/mandated care of a government-employed/licensed shrink, on government-approved and government-promoted mind-altering drugs, in a government-mandated weapon-free zone, protected by a government agency the government claims 'serves and protects' (though it is incapable of doing so). Clearly the problem is guns." Via Lew Rockwell

MR2
12-20-2012, 15:08
The following table lists the worldwide mass and school shootings from 1996 to the present. Find the date, location, and a short description of each incident.

Read more: Time Line of Worldwide School Shootings — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html#ixzz2FdHYCMTp

Badger52
12-20-2012, 19:30
Thanks for that link. Insufficient dots; the matching link for the timeline of gun control legislation (http://www.infoplease.com/spot/guntime1.html) doesn't tell how many it magically prevented. Shucks.

Funny, I didn't seem to find a bunch of home-schoolers roving the neigborhoods looking for classmate targets.

steel_eel
12-20-2012, 20:19
The following table lists the worldwide mass and school shootings from 1996 to the present. Find the date, location, and a short description of each incident.

Read more: Time Line of Worldwide School Shootings — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777/958.html#ixzz2FdHYCMTp
Guess the Fort Hood shooting didn't count? Am I missing something?

MR2
12-20-2012, 21:48
Guess the Fort Hood shooting didn't count? Am I missing something?

I'm thinking there are a few things missing. Maybe they didn't consider terrorist acts, err rather "workplace violence" in their calculations.

Paslode
12-28-2012, 16:39
He had 2 pistols in the school, the AR was left in the car, then he had 4 pistols, the AR was used in the school and shotgun was left inthe car....and now the media is reporting Lanza WAS NOT wearing body Armour....

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2012/12/28/news/doc50dd9fc78081c911948569.txt

Who knows what to believe....

MR2
12-31-2012, 08:05
Can we blame this on a ******* video?

MR2
01-03-2013, 09:26
Interesting proposal and conversation about arming teachers in Colorado.

Discussed on the Mike Rosen show 1/2/12 10AM hour (http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=1&podcast=shows_rosen&selected_podcast=Rosen01-02-13-10AM_1357150126_20681.mp3).

Podcast is 36 min and is usually available for about a week or two.

VVVV
01-03-2013, 14:14
TV report is it was the son of a teacher who killed his brother then went for Mom and the kids in her classroom. Shooter is dead.

I think you need to find a more reliable new source!

ddoering
01-03-2013, 15:08
Actually that was the initial report.

MR2
01-09-2013, 17:31
Sandy Hook media myths (http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/sandy-hook-media-myths/)
Exclusive: Molotov Mitchell reveals Lanza did not use or have an AR-15 rifle

SF18C
01-09-2013, 17:43
Sandy Hook media myths (http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/sandy-hook-media-myths/)
Exclusive: Molotov Mitchell reveals Lanza did not use or have an AR-15 rifle

You mean the media lied to us?

medic&commo
01-09-2013, 20:25
What about the medical examiner, H. Wayne Carver, MD?
Did he:
a) Lie
b) Do a poor acting job (not the REAL medical examiner)
c) Take drugs prior to the interview
d) All of the above

Question: Doctor, on that examination, could you tell which caliber of the handgun compared to the rifle on these shooting victims were?
Carver: It’s a good thing there’s not be a prosecution ’cause then I couldn’t answer that. All the wounds that I know of at this point are caused by the one weapon.
Question: So the rifle was the primary weapon?
Carver: Yes.
Question: What caliber was used?
Carver: The question was what caliber were these bullets. And I know I probably know more about firearms than most pathologists but if I say it in court, they yell at me and make me answer. So I’ll let the police deal with that for you.
Question: Doctor, can you tell about the nature of the wounds? Were they at very close range? Were the children shot from across the room?
Carver: I only did 7 of the autopsies. Victims I had ranged from 3 to 11 wounds apiece, and I only saw 2 of them with close-range shooting. But that’s – you know, that’s a sample. I really don’t have detailed information on the rest of the injuries.
Question: Wait, you said it was the long rifle that was used? [inaudible, overlapping audio]
Carver: Yes.
Question: How many bullet casings at the crime scene did you find total? [inaudible]
Carver: I’m looking – I can tell you how many I found. I don’t know…there were lots of them, okay? This type of weapon is not – the bullets are designed in such a fashion that the energy – this is very clinical, I shouldn’t be saying this – but the energy is deposited in the tissue and so the bullets stays in.
Question: Did the children die quickly? Are you able to tell that?
Carver: That’s always a difficult question and obviously, I don’t have – I don’t have detailed information on all of them but this is a very devastating set of injuries.
Question: Did they suffer?
Carver: I don’t – I don’t. The best of my ability to answer that question, which is always less than perfect – if so, not for very long.
Question: [inaudible]
Carver: All the ones – I believe so, yes.
Carver: We did not bring the bodies and the families into contact. We took pictures of them of their facial features. It’s easier on the families when you do that. There is a time and a place for up close and personal in the grieving process. But to accomplish this, we felt it would be best to do it this way, and you can sort of – you can control the situation, depending on the photographer and I have very good photographers.
Question: Do you know the difference between the time of deaths between the body that was recovered from the house and the bodies of the children?
Carver: No, I don’t. Sorry, I don’t.
Question: How young was the youngest victim? How old was the oldest victim?
Carver: You all will have to look at the spreadsheet when we pass it out. I’m sorry.
Carver: All the ones I don’t know – I first, everybody I dealt with, I believe they were all first graders.
Question: Did the gunman kill himself with the rifle?
Carver: No. I don’t know yet. I’ll examine him tomorrow morning. But I don’t think so.
Question: [overlapping audio]
Carver: I have not seen here yet.
Carver: …Paul and company will deal with that. Paul and company – Lt. Vance.
Question: You said that all of the children you personally examined were shot multiple times. [inaudible]
Carver: We discussed this briefly with the staff before I came here. There was – I believe everybody was hit more than once.
Question: Was there any evidence of a struggle? Any bruises or…?
Question: Sir, the nature of the shooting, was there any sense that there was a lot of care taken to [inaudible] or was it spread randomly?
Carver: Both. It’s a very difficult question to answer. It’s really…You’d think after the thousands of people I’ve seen shot I could answer that question but I – if I attempted to answer it in court, there’d be an objection and they’d win.
Question: Doctor, can you describe the 7 kids you worked on personally…what did these kids look like when they came to you? What were they wearing?
Carver: Well, they were wearing kids’ stuff. I mean, they were first graders. They were wearing cut kids’ stuff. It’s the kind of stuff you’d send your kids to your grandkids…
Question: Doctor, can you describe the fatal injuries to the adults?
Carver: They’re similar to those of the children.
Question: Doctor, the children you’ve autopsied, where on their bodies were their wounds?
Carver: All over. All over.
Question: What about the mother?
Carver: I have not examined her yet. That will be tomorrow morning.
Question: Were they sitting at desks or were they running away?
Carver: I’ll let the guys – the scene guys address that issue. Obviously, I was at the scene. Obviously, I’m very experienced in that. But there are people who are the number one professionals in that. I’ll let them go over…
Question: You said that the bodies you examined 7 had 3 to 11 shots?
Carver: That’s just the ones that I did.
Question: So this man was there shooting repeatedly…
Carver: I think the guys who did the crime scene are going to be able to tell you how many cartridges were found.
Question: Is there a protocol for the order you did the autopsies? Like the mother and the…
Carver: Other – our goal was to get the kids out and available to the funeral directors first. Just for, well – obviously -
Question: How many boys and how many girls?
Carver: I don’t know.
Carver: Yeah, there’s been times in my career where I – for reasons I don’t appreciate – go into a locker and sit down and cry. And I think if you don’t have to do that you shouldn’t be in this business. But for this one, not yet. Notice I said yet.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2012/12/23/transcript-press-briefing-remarks-by-connecticuts-chief-medical-examiner-on-the-newtown-shooting-victims/

m&c

ZonieDiver
01-09-2013, 20:28
Without research (shame on me) into this situation, let me say that "medical examiners" in some lesser populated areas are notorious for "getting things wrong"!

("This was NO boating accident!")

MR2
01-09-2013, 20:35
What about the medical examiner, H. Wayne Carver, MD?

It is idiots like this that give conspiracy theories a leg up.

SF18C
01-09-2013, 20:43
Same site different briefing

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2012/12/24/transcript-connecticut-state-police-briefing-on-the-sandy-hook-shooting-on-dec-16-2012/

The weapon that was utilized most of the time during this horrific crime was identified as a Bushmaster AR-15 assault type weapon. It had high-capacity magazines.

In addition to that, the subject had in his possession a Glock 10mm, a Sig Sauer 9mm – both weapons – all weapons had multiple magazines and additional ammunition.

The fourth weapon recovered was a shotgun that was recovered from the suspect’s vehicle that was parked outside the school.

MR2
01-09-2013, 20:52
Truly, WTF!

The Reaper
01-09-2013, 21:24
And this guy is a state prefessional. :rolleyes:

I am not sure he really answered any of the questions definitively.

If you let a killer with a double barreled shotgun and his pockets full of shells wander school hallways blasting children and reloading without armed opposition for ten minutes, he would have a similar body count. I don't see the normal capacity mags being relevant. Hell, a machete would have been horrific as well.

The bottom line remains. Crazy people should not have access to weapons.

TR

Penn
01-15-2013, 03:53
NBC aired this report that a rifle was NOT used in the shooting, and that Lanza had an altercation at the school days before the incident, and that he also tried to purchase a rifle, but was denied. I have tried to find this report on the web, it proves difficult to do so, as it does not support the anti-guns assertion that an assault weapon was used in Sandy HooK.

http://www.*******.com/watch?v=30sjtuXcvOE

SF18C
01-15-2013, 05:02
Everyone grab your tinfoils hats...the guys that blew up the W.T.C. planned Sandy Hook!

http://www.*******.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8&sns=fb

Hand
01-15-2013, 06:13
How can a coroner tell what particular model/brand was used from the wounds? Is the difference between a colt AR and a bushmaster AR which are similarly configured significant enough to affect what a coroner would see in the wounds?

Note: He said "the wounds were all caused by the long gun".

Paslode
01-15-2013, 06:45
NBC aired this report that a rifle was NOT used in the shooting, and that Lanza had an altercation at the school days before the incident, and that he also tried to purchase a rifle, but was denied. I have tried to find this report on the web, it proves difficult to do so, as it does not support the anti-guns assertion that an assault weapon was used in Sandy HooK.

http://www.*******.com/watch?v=30sjtuXcvOE

This earlier post by MR2 goes over the MANY inconsistencies

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=482000&postcount=44

Everyone grab your tinfoils hats...the guys that blew up the W.T.C. planned Sandy Hook!

I don't about that....but the one 'Tinfoil' idea floating about that I did find quite interesting was the possibility of 'Crisis Actors' being used to stage interviews with the media. The evidence/pictures the Tinfoilers provide do bare a striking resemblance to people the media interviewed and these same people apparently all belong to people in a Denver based acting group named VisionBox Crisis Actors.

I am not convinced the theory is true, but considering all the media inconsistencies that have been reported in their hast to demonize firearms, considering the gun control fanatics, considering the never let a crisis go to waste mentality, considering that most of us don't know anyone from Sandy Hook and most of take what we see for face value, and the fact that for fear of ridicule and retribution most would be afraid to even consider such a idea..........as the Myth Busters say.........it's plausible.

I know, I know this is America and that kind of stuff doesn't happen here.

ZonieDiver
01-15-2013, 07:25
Please don't feed the bears!:D

MR2
01-15-2013, 08:04
Please don't feed the bears!:D.
How about the enabled and entitled?

ZonieDiver
01-15-2013, 08:40
How about the enabled and entitled?

Some bears are more equal than others. Besides, that bear is demonstrating very good tables manners (which will probably end when the "pic-a-nic basket" appears), and such good manners MUST be rewarded.:D

Richard
01-15-2013, 11:01
That coroner interview reminds me of Carter Pike, the conspiracy theory spouting coroner on the "Picket Fences" TV show.

Now if the Newtown DA only sounded like Douglas Wambaugh... :D

Richard :munchin

tonyz
02-01-2013, 17:14
Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers
NBC
2/1/2013
George Colli

"The Newtown Board of Education wants more armed police officers in the town's four elementary schools after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary."

Snip

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Votes-for-Armed-School-Officers-189320221.html?dr

BOfH
02-04-2013, 14:36
Police forensic scientist at Newtown hearing: Assault weapons ban won’t work (http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/04/forensic-scientist-at-newtown-hearing-slams-assault-weapons-ban/)

The forensic scientist for the Bridgeport, Conn. Police Department sharply criticized proposed assault weapon and high-capacity magazine bans and pointed out the small number of crimes committed by high-capacity weapons in public hearing testimony last week.

Marshall K. Robinson, who said his area of expertise is “firearm and tool mark identification,” testified at the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group, which was convened at the Connecticut State Capitol in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. There he opposed statements from many of the other 1,300 speakers in attendance advocating for banning high-capacity AR-15 and AK-47 firearms.

Robinson pointed out that less than two percent of the firearms he has examined since 1996 that have been linked to violent crime in Bridgeport have been the caliber of AR-15 or AK-47 weapons.

“Since November 1996, I have examined approximately 2,370 firearms. Of that number 36 of them were either .223/5.56 mm or 7.62×39 mm,” Robinson said. “The percentage of those guns was about [1.5 percent].”

“I did further research on homicides and assaults in the years 2006 to 2012 inclusive. Of the 217 such cases, there were 912 bullets and 466 cartridge cases recovered. One assault involved .223 caliber and none involved 7.63×39 mm caliber. The largest number cartridge cases recovered in one case was 37 and that involved two guns. The investigations that involved the recovery of eleven or more cartridge cases was 22. Of the 22 cases, 21 involved 2 or more guns,” Robinson added.

snip

ETA: Funny how so much legislation targets a weapon used in so little of the crimes committed. :rolleyes:

steel_eel
02-04-2013, 17:12
Holy $#!t.

Sandy Hook dad testifies before CT Capitol:

http://www.*******.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wAYLr6u2FyY

I like how he pounded the table at the end of his statement.:lifter

Stiletto11
02-04-2013, 17:14
The bottom line is that we can bring up all rationale to rebut the attack on the 2nd Amendment but this is a political argument that is not based in reason. Law is never based in reason as Robert Bork proclaimed in his book The Tempting of America.

tonyz
02-04-2013, 17:17
Holy $#!t.

Sandy Hook dad testifies before CT Capitol:

http://www.*******.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wAYLr6u2FyY

I like how he pounded the table at the end of his statement.:lifter

Here Here !

He gets it !!

MR2
02-04-2013, 18:28
ABC, CBS, NBC Admit No Assault Rifle Used at Sandy Hook (http://www.*******.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HK8Z5K5M2Dw)

I think the weather forecasters are more accurate than the so-called journalists anymore.

Stiletto11
02-04-2013, 18:55
They were hopping all over each other in an effort to "out scoop" the competition without any regard to facts, truth and responsible journalism. I live in Commiecticut and I saw the AR being pulled from the car live and so did my neighbor. If the feed was delayed then that's another story.

SF18C
02-06-2013, 22:46
Hmmmm gun control and gun grabbing isn't getting the overwhelming support they thought it would...need an idea to get the One back on TV and talking about evil guns...what can they do???

Slain Newtown educators to get Presidential medals

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=8982341

Presidential medals will be awarded posthumously to the six people who died protecting children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, officials said Tuesday.

The award honors Americans who have performed "exemplary deeds of service" for their country or fellow citizens. It is generally recognized as the government's second-highest civilian award.

Meanwhile back at Fort Hood

(1) called the Ft Hood terror attack "workplace violence" and refuses to call it by the correct name of jihadist terrorism

(2) denied the dead and victims any access to combat pay or combat recognition

(3) impeded for years the release of government documents needed for this case, and has obstructed justice

(4) shown no further interest in Ft Hood since he got his photo ops here

(5) has cut all TDY money and issued official policy letters instructing Soldiers and Army civilians who are traveling on business to mooch off their relatives or hang out overnight in bus shelters or city parks (this is NOT a joke)

(6) Just cut $18 million from Soldier, TBI, and and PTSD medical center care at Ft. Hood

35NCO
02-07-2013, 09:37
My attempt at an unbiased objective opinion: there are two decent videos of the Gun in the trunk.

This is 100% a Saiga 12 Semi Auto. I also believe with about 90% certainty the other Black item on the trunk of the car floor is the Magazine.

http://www.*******.com/watch?v=bGALsV6BzFI

Now this video below is catching a lot of tinfoil as well. However, it is not as high resolution. This allows a lot of room for speculation, but not definitive answers.

http://www.*******.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R_ubdjO_dRY

Starting at 2:30 or so, the examiners empty the trunk. This footage seems to be right after the first video. First removed from the trunk is the Saiga, then at 2:32 something else is removed. I am assuming he took the magazine. It’s too dark to really tell positively, but if it was an AR15 I think it would be more obvious in how it was removed from the trunk, as well as its silhouette.

This would also reflect my opinion:
http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284

"Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)"

Now unless there is other footage or an official report of the AR15 clearly being removed from the car, I think its case closed on the whole conspiracy thing.

The comments and conspiracy videos are really discouraging honestly. I have not known, nor been aware of anyone whom has been able to make political progress in the 2nd amendment fight by using the argument of the government lying to us, or coming after us for any reason. Is everything we do in the government 100% honest? No, that’s why its politics. Do I believe we have gotten to the point of actually killing kids for political gain, or even pretending to? I sure hope we are not that lost.

As every member of this forum can likely agree, Evil people exist in the world. Bad people exist, and they do bad things. It’s hard for some people to accept that things so evil can happen naturally, but they do. That’s why we have Morals, Hope, faith, religion, laws, law enforcement and military. Everything exists to protect ourselves from ourselves.

afchic
02-07-2013, 10:16
Hmmmm gun control and gun grabbing isn't getting the overwhelming support they thought it would...need an idea to get the One back on TV and talking about evil guns...what can they do???

Slain Newtown educators to get Presidential medals

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=8982341

Presidential medals will be awarded posthumously to the six people who died protecting children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, officials said Tuesday.

The award honors Americans who have performed "exemplary deeds of service" for their country or fellow citizens. It is generally recognized as the government's second-highest civilian award.

Meanwhile back at Fort Hood

(1) called the Ft Hood terror attack "workplace violence" and refuses to call it by the correct name of jihadist terrorism

(2) denied the dead and victims any access to combat pay or combat recognition

(3) impeded for years the release of government documents needed for this case, and has obstructed justice

(4) shown no further interest in Ft Hood since he got his photo ops here

(5) has cut all TDY money and issued official policy letters instructing Soldiers and Army civilians who are traveling on business to mooch off their relatives or hang out overnight in bus shelters or city parks (this is NOT a joke)(
6) Just cut $18 million from Soldier, TBI, and and PTSD medical center care at Ft. Hood

Just got the "memo". It was complete and total sarcasm. I agree with your other points.

afchic
02-07-2013, 10:19
deleted, moved to a seperate thread

The Reaper
02-07-2013, 16:54
Do you think that the LEOs, media, and investigators don't have a big bag of brass, recovered from the floor of the crime scene, that clearly identifies the weapon(s) used by the perp to commit this heinous crime?

Why would you (the LEOs, Coroner, media, etc.) not make that info public?

Someone needs to be FOIAing the Newtown LEOs, ASAP.

TR

Stiletto11
02-07-2013, 18:51
Do you think that the LEOs, media, and investigators don't have a big bag of brass, recovered from the floor of the crime scene, that clearly identifies the weapon(s) used by the perp to commit this heinous crime?

Why would you (the LEOs, Coroner, media, etc.) not make that info public?

Someone needs to be FOIAing the Newtown LEOs, ASAP.

TR

The will claim it is still under investigation and the FOIA will be refused. The autopsy reports will most likely fall under the same premise.

MR2
03-02-2013, 13:17
School Shootings: Another Approach

fng13
03-02-2013, 13:50
The CT State Police have already made this information public:

STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
INVESTIGATION CONTINUES

In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.

Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round magazine

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

Source:

SF_BHT
03-02-2013, 14:40
The CT State Police have already made this information public:

Source:

Well the Corner reported that no victims were killed with a 223 round. They were killed by the pistols (10/9mm) Only.

The Bushmaster was recorded on video being removed from the trunk of the car when they searched it. HUMmmmmmm....?

I watched the car search on TV and saw it. Wonder why so many conflicting reports.....?

It honestly does not matter. The bottom line is a kid was a nut and killed his mother and attacked a school. The system worked as he was denied a gun before so he turned to crime to get them. Bottom line we have to go after the crooks not law abiding citizens...... And quit trying to make safe zones so they know that it is a soft target. Train and arm and when a shooter pops up they are engaged by people that can protect them selves.

Pete
03-02-2013, 14:54
........I watched the car search on TV and saw it. Wonder why so many conflicting reports.....?........

We've beaten this horse to death in many threads and post here.

The AR was not the weapon recovered from the car. A close look at the video shows it to be the shotgun.

The press reports from the next couple of days were wrong.

Snaquebite
03-28-2013, 09:09
Pete you're right. The shotgun was in the glove compartment. They also found two 35 round 12 guage shotgun mags. :rolleyes:

A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/warrants-reveal-multiple-weapo

Streck-Fu
03-28-2013, 09:31
......and a gun safe in Lanza's bedroom.

WTF?!

I guess that seals the deal on mom's negligence...IMO....

fng13
03-28-2013, 10:39
WTF?!

I guess that seals the deal on mom's negligence...IMO....

In the article Snaquebite posted they are certainly leading the reader to this, but they actually wrote they found a safe in the house, not specifically in his bedroom.

Documents indicate authorities found a gun safe with shotgun shells in the house and numerous boxes of bullets.

The article seems to not have all of the facts straight.

Also the shotgun was in the trunk not the glove box. It'd have to be a pretty big glove box to fit a 12 gauge and seventy shotgun shells.

Furthermore, it says they found 3-30 round mags but 154 rounds were fired from the bushmaster. So did he stop and reload a couple mags?

2 shotgun mags with 70 rounds of 12 guage in them? 35 round drums?

I've never seen one but I guess its possible.

Streck-Fu
03-28-2013, 10:44
That article is such a hodgepodge of claims, it is hard to determine what is true.