PDA

View Full Version : "Faces of Meth"

Sdiver
12-07-2012, 11:05
If you have kids, these pictures could be a great "wake up call" about just how horrible Meth is.

Eight years ago, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office launched a campaign called "the Faces of Meth" to address Oregon's methamphetamine problem. The images showed the jarring effects of meth on addicts' faces through before-and-after pictures from their arrest records.

Link ..... http://www.businessinsider.com/new-faces-of-meth-ads-are-utterly-harrowing-2012-12

Growing up, we had the show "Scared Straight" to attempt to "reach us", but unfortunately, that has more or less fallen on deaf ears, hopefully this campaign and pictures will get people thinking, even more about how this drug, and others like it, just destroy lives.

glebo
12-07-2012, 11:29
Holy crap, I had no idea the toll the junk did to someone...WOW:eek:

mojaveman
12-07-2012, 11:29
Prescription amphetimines are bad enough but what makes those people look so terrible is the Red Devil Lye, acetone, hydrochloric acid, and other substances that are used in the illegal production. We had a problem with crystal meth at the last place I worked and had to test all of our employees at least every other month.

I hate tweekers.

Badger52
12-07-2012, 12:32
Instead of a free-day to go with teachers to picket the state capital how about a school assembly, with slide show?
Graphic images? Disturbing? Good.

And they should show the formerly pretty gal who obviously had a pipe go up in her face TWICE.

MtnGoat
12-07-2012, 13:39
This and People of Walmart are great. I agree on the kids part, showing the what happens to people on drugs is great. Charlie Sheen was a great example for me too.

Team Sergeant
12-07-2012, 13:44
I knew a young guy in culinary college that was a "reformed" meth user. Most of his teeth were gone or really screwed up. The thing that got me was he looked like he was 44-46 and he was only 25. And he had not used in about a year. The effects don't wear off......

head
12-07-2012, 14:14
Looks like headshots for the next season of The Walking Dead.

Badger52
12-07-2012, 14:43
This and People of Walmart are great. I agree on the kids part, showing the what happens to people on drugs is great. Charlie Sheen was a great example for me too.LOL. Guy I know over at the local VA who's a counsellor told me if you want to find all the tweakers, Walmart is the place.......... at 0300.

MK262MOD1
12-07-2012, 14:45
If you want to see one worse look at Krokodil users which if my pharmbooks are correct is a form of Desomorphine. That shit eats people alive. The pictures are gruesome.

I don't know why people do this to themselves. The one time I was put on Narcs I couldn't do anything to get off them quick enough and I know pain.

steel_eel
12-08-2012, 09:48
If you want to see one worse look at Krokodil users which if my pharmbooks are correct is a form of Desomorphine. That shit eats people alive. The pictures are gruesome.

Vice! did a short doc on it.
Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUH8llvTZo

Brian C
12-08-2012, 10:36
I see people like this almost every day. It amazes me the differences in their photos over the past years, although sometimes looking at their book in photos can be amusing. I just can't fathom why anyone would stay on this crap after seeing what it does to them. Seems like killing yourself would outweigh whatever addiction they have.

Krokodil is insane, I remember reading intel bulletins on that maybe a year ago or so.

Red Flag 1
12-08-2012, 21:25
I knew a young guy in culinary college that was a "reformed" meth user. Most of his teeth were gone or really screwed up. The thing that got me was he looked like he was 44-46 and he was only 25. And he had not used in about a year. The effects don't wear off......

Yup! Once you see "Meth-mouth", you will never forget it. These pics only show the outside. I have a cousin that went through this, and as TS points out, it is long lasting.

RF 1

GreenSalsa
12-09-2012, 06:41
Instead of a free-day to go with teachers to picket the state capital how about a school assembly, with slide show?
Graphic images? Disturbing?

That's a really good idea. Most teenagers are very "image" conscience and they thought that a drug could make them look like that would probably turn a few people away.

That said, I regularly show those kind of images to my 9 year old. We have open and frank discussions on what drugs do and the consequences.

Red Flag 1
12-09-2012, 20:12
That's a really good idea. Most teenagers are very "image" conscience and they thought that a drug could make them look like that would probably turn a few people away.

That said, I regularly show those kind of images to my 9 year old. We have open and frank discussions on what drugs do and the consequences.

The sad reality is that for the addict, the reality these photos reveal will have little impact; it is just another price addiction exacts. The other thing that will come into play, is the addict never believes that they will be like all the others. The addict believes that they will be the one that escapes what has happened to all others with the same addiction. There-in is the insanity portion of addiction; doing the same thing, and expecting a totally different outcome.

RF 1

kgoerz
12-10-2012, 15:32
Things no one ever says "tried Meth once and everything worked out fine"

medic&commo
12-10-2012, 15:53
Is this where everyone is getting the idea the zombie apocalypse is real?
m&c

MK262MOD1
12-12-2012, 06:40
You would be correct. Even after her accident she can't stop using meth.