PDA

View Full Version : Shovel to AK Modification

DIYPatriot
12-06-2012, 12:06
I'm working on a side project (AR build) and came across this post in my research. It was too comical to keep it on a short leash. Basically, a Russian living in the states decided to build an AK using a $2 shovel. His storytelling cracked me up so I thought I'd share.

Shovel to AK (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/179192-DIY-Shovel-AK-photo-tsunami-warning)

When I was driving through VT backroads this fall, I stopped at a gun shop and seeing a few ARs made me feel gay enough to visit a dilapidated "antique barn" where farmers sell authentic shit from the local dump to idiot tourists. When I smelled a much stronger odor of cow shit, I saw this shovel and the image of the AK handle came to my exasperated mind. Flustered old dude was suspicious of a comrade in a BMW, on less traveled gravel roads of VT, who barely spoke English and needed a shit shovel "for my trunk" but let it go for $2. That's the best $2 I ever spent, closely behind that one time in Montreal - but that's another story....

...Here is a pic of an AK receiver and Shovel AK receiver. The latter is almost 2.5 times thicker and it feels like a rock. Shit, I tried to pound some dents out of the receiver and the hammer got dented, because in communist mAssachusetts receiver dents you!

This receiver turned out to be stiffer than me watching full-featured film of Michael Kalashnikov doing Polina Porizkova in a heavy KVI tank on board of a navy destroyer in a midst of a battle....

SF18C
12-06-2012, 17:36
Looks like something GuDick would use!

medic&commo
12-06-2012, 22:13
My kind of guy - resourceful AND a sense of humor, with a touch of irony (pun intended).
m&c

frostfire
12-07-2012, 13:34
as an AK aficionado, words fail me to describe how fantabulouawesomazingly epic this is :D

hell, this might just beat hundreds of .338 blasting from top manufacturers this am

MtnGoat
12-07-2012, 13:43
That is frinkin NICE!!!

DIYPatriot
12-07-2012, 14:26
as an AK aficionado, words fail me to describe how fantabulouawesomazingly epic this is :D

hell, this might just beat hundreds of .338 blasting from top manufacturers this am

I would love to see something like that at the range. I only have one shovel and it cost me more than $2. I have a ton of fence to run this weekend so I need my post-hole diggers and driver. I do have an extra weed-whacker lying around and it no longer runs. I'm feeling frisky...:D