PDA

View Full Version : 18D course - 14 weeks?

Primumnonocere
12-06-2012, 11:16
Good evening, gentlemen.

I was looking through the 2012 USAJFKSWCS course catalog and on page 32 it outlines the length of phases in the pipeline. Under 18D it mentions that the course was soon changing from 50 weeks to 14 weeks "in the coming months". I was just wondering if any of the QP's could offer their opinions regarding the advantages/disadvantages of this decision.

Thank you for your time.

Eagle5US
12-06-2012, 17:39
The SOF Medic "W1" portion of the course makes up the remaining year + of training.

You should change your screen name-
1. It isn't spelled right
2. You aren't an 18D

PA

Primumnonocere
12-06-2012, 19:05
Roger. Thank you for the reply.

1. Will change username.
2. Never claimed to be. The phrase is a guiding principle for all health care providers.

Best regards.

Eagle5US
12-06-2012, 19:23
Roger. Thank you for the reply.

2. Never claimed to be. The phrase is a guiding principle for all health care providers.

Thanks, I wouldn't have known that unless you decided to let me in on that secret. However...

It is also the motto for Special Forces Medics-

Of which, you are not.

Primumnonocere
12-07-2012, 03:49
Understood.

Your castle, your rules. No offense meant. Will do more reading up on the subject.

v/r

Guy
12-08-2012, 01:17
Your time in the 18D course could extend beyond the time-frame annotated IF, your mind is preoccupied with WTF besides the course.:eek:

Good luck, study hard, long and stay safe.

MR2
12-08-2012, 07:19
Your time in the 18D course could extend beyond the time-frame annotated IF, your mind is preoccupied with WTF besides the course.:eek:

Yup, been there, recycled that...

JohnnyBlack
12-17-2012, 11:26

Rgr, copy all.

Just to clarify, I'm not in the course. I was doing a little research and that piece of info caught my eye.

Thanks to all for the info.

v/r

JB