PDA

View Full Version : Revoked tab

Oneday_I_will
12-04-2012, 17:55
How does one go about finding out if a legitmiate SF soldier's tab was revoked? It was suggested to me to find out since a mutual friend who was in 7th and 5th Grps respectively, retired without their tab. Would like to keep this very private for obvious reasons. Thank you.

Eagle5US
12-04-2012, 18:37
You can start by asking the person involved....:munchin

JJ_BPK
12-04-2012, 18:57
The SF branch, the "tab" and the SF MOS series started in the 80t's. Those of us that separated before that time never received a "tab". Although a retroactive awarding can be requested, not everyone has bothered.

Cobwebs
12-04-2012, 19:14
Would of been nice to sport one back in the day but the beret was more that enough make one pause...still kinda wish one adorned my class A's. Was always envious of the ranger tab...stood out so. Lot-a water flowed under that bridge....:cool:

1stindoor
12-05-2012, 07:32
SWC handles the orders. I doubt they'll just give you the information over the phone.

UWOA (RIP)
02-17-2013, 23:39
Would of been nice to sport one back in the day but the beret was more that enough make one pause...still kinda wish one adorned my class A's. Was always envious of the ranger tab...stood out so. Lot-a water flowed under that bridge....:cool:

And until just before Desert Shield you could wear either the Special Forces tab or the Ranger tab, but not both. I would alternate my fatigue sets, wearing the SF tab one day and then a set of fatigues with the Ranger tab the next. I was really happy when you could wear both at the same time (although the SF branch insignia made it quite obvious when you wore just the Ranger tab that you were qualified in both areas.)

glebo
02-18-2013, 06:46
And until just before Desert Shield you could wear either the Special Forces tab or the Ranger tab, but not both. I would alternate my fatigue sets, wearing the SF tab one day and then a set of fatigues with the Ranger tab the next. I was really happy when you could wear both at the same time (although the SF branch insignia made it quite obvious when you wore just the Ranger tab that you were qualified in both areas.)

I forgot about that. Most of the Ranger guys would sew their Ranger tab under the upper left BDU pocket flap until they could wear both...LOL

MR2
02-18-2013, 07:42
I forgot about that. Most of the Ranger guys would sew their Ranger tab under the upper left BDU pocket flap until they could wear both...LOL

I like that.