PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Yarborough Knife

SERPENT5XX
10-22-2004, 10:20
I received my Yarborough Knife yesterday. The Memo of authorization took about a month to get but once I sent the Memo and payment off to the JFK Museum I had the Knife in about 5 working days! (Thanks Reaper!)
The knife is very nice. Great work from Mr. Harsey and Mr. Reeve! I have a Project One Reeve knife so I am already aware of the quality of Mr. Reeve’s knives. Mr. Harsey did a great job on the design. As a tool it is very impressive but it is also nice to have a piece of SF history that I can pass on to my kids.
I highly recommend the knife to anyone considering buying it. I will be looking for a different sheath, the one that came with it is OK but I would like something better.
Once I figure out how to properly use this digital camera I will post a picture. Every time I try to develop the pictures in my gore-tex jacket it screws up the camera. I do not understand it because it worked in O & I. :D

SERPENT5XX

Shark Bait
10-22-2004, 12:25
If you don't mind me asking, how much do they want for the Yarborough knife?? I just sent off a request for the memo.

Team Sergeant
10-22-2004, 15:38
If you don't mind me asking, how much do they want for the Yarborough knife?? I just sent off a request for the memo.

Everything you need is right here Brother.

oops, follow AM's post....lol

Ambush Master
10-22-2004, 16:04
That's the Leatherman Link TS !! Here's the Yarborough link, Post #7:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688&highlight=yarborough

Shark Bait
10-25-2004, 10:35
Everything you need is right here Brother.

oops, follow AM's post....lol

Got it! Looks like a great knife. Too bad they weren't issuing us toys like that 20 years ago. (Geez, I feel old now.)

SERPENT5XX
10-27-2004, 13:50
Gentlemen,

I finally figured out how to work this camera. Here is the picture of my Yarborough Knife. Thrown in for size relation is a Kimber 1911.

Enjoy!

SERPENT5XX

Bill Harsey
10-27-2004, 13:57
Serpent5XX, Great picture and on behalf of myself and Chris Reeve Knives, your welcome (for thanks posted earlier). Good Hunting and Stay Safe.

The Reaper
10-27-2004, 17:45
Great pic!

Nice Kimber, too!

TR

Shark Bait
10-28-2004, 10:45
Gentlemen,

I finally figured out how to work this camera. Here is the picture of my Yarborough Knife. Thrown in for size relation is a Kimber 1911.

Enjoy!

SERPENT5XX
Excellent combo!!

Shark Bait
11-01-2004, 08:35
Got my memo. Only took about a week once I faxed in my request. I'll order the knife next payday! I'm looking forward to getting one Bill. Nice work!

Bill Harsey
11-01-2004, 14:13
Shark Bait, from both Chris Reeve and myself, Thanks.

Shark Bait
11-05-2004, 14:30
Shark Bait, from both Chris Reeve and myself, Thanks.
You're quite welcome! Now I want one like you gave TR!!!! To call you an artist is like calling Leonardo Devinci (probably spelled incorrectly) an artist. The term doesn't even come close!

Razor
11-05-2004, 15:14
I like Signore LeoWilliam DaHarsey's medium better. ;)