PDA

View Full Version : National German Gun Registry

Badger52
11-24-2012, 06:47
From the Deutsche Welle online, under their "Security":

The German interior minister has said a countrywide database of all legal gun owners is set for launch on January 1. Hans-Peter Friedrich predicted a "considerable increase in security" as a result.

The German government plans to launch its complete registry of legal gun owners at the beginning of next year, two years ahead of a deadline set by the EU.

As with many German authorities, those responsible for weapons licensing and tracking operated on a local basis - with a total of 551 authorities around the country. Under new EU laws, all member countries are obliged to compile a centralized register.
How's that Euro model lookin' now? This is unprecedented but should make the database folks at UNODC happy. They have a notable series of hoops (last I was aware of) just to own a firearm with renewable licenses, per firearm, etc.

Rest of the article here:
http://www.dw.de/national-german-gun-registry-on-target-for-launch/a-16390894

Team Sergeant
11-24-2012, 09:09
From the Deutsche Welle online, under their "Security":

How's that Euro model lookin' now? This is unprecedented but should make the database folks at UNODC happy. They have a notable series of hoops (last I was aware of) just to own a firearm with renewable licenses, per firearm, etc.

Rest of the article here:
http://www.dw.de/national-german-gun-registry-on-target-for-launch/a-16390894

Six million is a far cry from 300 million.....;) I think I'll go purchase a few more AR's today and beef up that 300 million....... I'm betting with the current administration the gun dealers of America are having a hard time keeping inventory.

charlietwo
11-24-2012, 11:10
Six million is a far cry from 300 million.....;) I think I'll go purchase a few more AR's today and beef up that 300 million....... I'm betting with the current administration the gun dealers of America are having a hard time keeping inventory.

You would be correct. In my neck of the woods, the safe installation business is swamped, which is an additional indicator beyond gun store owners saying they've never had this much business.

Now if only I had more money to actually purchase more weapons and ammo :D

Remington Raidr
11-24-2012, 11:16
It's just a matter . . . of time.

mojaveman
11-24-2012, 13:12
While working in Germany a decade or so ago I was told by a friend of mine who was a Captain in the Federal Police that because they no longer had secure borders with Eastern Europe, Germany would always have a problem with illegal firearms. He said that many were brought into the country during the Balkans conflict in the '90s.

I doubt that firearm registration will solve any problems there.