PDA

View Full Version : The Actual World Series

Roguish Lawyer
10-22-2004, 02:11
Pick the winner.

Radar Rider
10-22-2004, 05:38
I chose the RedSox. Therefore, expect the Cardinals to win. That's just my luck. :(

Sdiver
10-22-2004, 09:19
I voted "I don't care, my team didn't make it". BUt I'd like to see the SOX's do it.

Cause then next year.......It'll be all about the CUBS Baby !!! :lifter

Goggles Pizano
10-22-2004, 10:14
The Sox? HA! The curse lives. As a Met fan I have but one thing to say:

Bill Buckner

Another season of "what if's" by the team that invented the term.

shootandloot
10-22-2004, 10:32
I voted for the Sox even though MY team didn't make it. The Pirates will have their year! The curse of Barry will not live!!! :munchin

DunbarFC
10-22-2004, 10:42
The Sox in 7

Sacamuelas
10-22-2004, 10:44
Both my nlcs/alcs picks lost... so I picked boston INSURING that they end up losing. LOL

The curse of Saca

Weazle23
10-22-2004, 17:08
I'd like to see Boston break the curse. But even if they don't win, they came back and beat the Yankees, so I'm happy.

Doc
10-22-2004, 20:27
I don't know who will win the series but I'll have to watch the first game tomorrow night as I believe it will be a real slug fest.

Doc

brownapple
10-22-2004, 20:29
Cardinals. What better way for the curse to continue? The Red Sox manage that comeback to win the ALCS, but as always in the World Series... not quite enough there...

Maybe they win a couple and the Cardinals do the comeback on them....

:D

NousDefionsDoc
10-23-2004, 00:38
I think they should cancel it until a thorough investigation can be conducted into why the wrong team is representing the NL.

Sox in 7

Bravo1-3
10-23-2004, 01:43
I don't "have" a team anymore. I used to follow the Yankees, then the strike hit and I haven't watched a game since.

I think the Sox will forget that this ear is not like all of the other years where they watched the series on TV. I think they'll forget to show up, because they're used to being on vacation this time of year, and manage to forfeit 2-3 games before they remember.

The cuuuuurse of the Bambinoooooooo...

Radar Rider
10-23-2004, 03:42
I think they should cancel it until a thorough investigation can be conducted into why the wrong team is representing the NL.

Sox in 7Doesn't that only work in elections with disgruntled democRATs? :D

DunbarFC
10-23-2004, 22:52
One down three to go !

NousDefionsDoc
10-23-2004, 22:58
I have never seen a baseball team so determined to lose a game no matter what their opponents did. The Sox are going to win - divine intervention won't let them lose. Manny Ramirez would be in prison if he couldn't hit - his fielding is a crime before both man and nature. I predict David Ortiz will unseat Teddy Kennedy at last.

DunbarFC
10-23-2004, 23:05
I predict David Ortiz will unseat Teddy Kennedy at last.

Oh if only that could happen

Big Papi for US Senate ! :lifter

DunbarFC
10-26-2004, 10:19
Must not get excited...............

Roguish Lawyer
10-26-2004, 20:21
Plenty of time for the Sox to choke.

Bill Buckner.

Babe Ruth.

:D

The Reaper
10-26-2004, 20:32
I believe that the real World Series is playing out 2 Nov and I could give a rat's ass less about what bunch of spoiled, whining, steroid shooting millionaires do on a playing field.

It is just a game now.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-26-2004, 21:41
I believe that the real World Series is playing out 2 Nov and I could give a rat's ass less about what bunch of spoiled, whining, steroid shooting millionaires do on a playing field.

It is just a game now.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

So, you're going with the Sox - cool!

RL, better check the scoreboard.

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 05:42
RL, better check the scoreboard.

Like I said, plenty of time for them to choke. The Yankees did . . . LOL

DunbarFC
10-27-2004, 07:22
3 down

One to go...........................

And it was 18 years ago today that the Sox blew game 7 of the 1986 series

So we've beaten the Yankees, have the Cards on the ropes, and could win it all on a truly black anniversary date for the Sox

If I believed in crap like this I'd say it's fate

Please God..........please...............

brownapple
10-27-2004, 07:34
Hmmmmm.....

Do you think the Babe would be so cruel as to let the Sox come back from 3 games down to win the ALCS and then get them up 3 to nothing in the World Series only to lose?

The curse lives until the Sox win it all...

Once they have done that, they just have to deal with being a mediocre team that has won a handful of World Series in their existence...

The Yankees will still have 26 banners hanging in Yankee Stadium and the winningest record in professional sports...

:cool:

DunbarFC
10-27-2004, 08:13
Still not over the biggest choke in baseball history are you GH :D

Sdiver
10-27-2004, 09:31
3 down

One to go...........................

And it was 18 years ago today that the Sox blew game 7 of the 1986 series

So we've beaten the Yankees, have the Cards on the ropes, and could win it all on a truly black anniversary date for the Sox

If I believed in crap like this I'd say it's fate

Please God..........please...............

I just got off the phone with some friends at the Psychic Friends Network....errrr...not really friends, just someone I know.....not that well....we just talk occasionally....I'm mean they're not good friends....more like acquaintances' than anything else....nevermind....well anyway, it's going to be reported that the ghost of the Babe has been visiting certain members of a certain terrorist network (Not The Yankees) to "cause some trouble", to keep the curse alive.

Just thought you'd like to know. Sorry bud.....don't get your hopes up.

DunbarFC
10-27-2004, 10:08
I just got off the phone with some friends at the Psychic Friends Network....errrr...not really friends, just someone I know.....not that well....we just talk occasionally....I'm mean they're not good friends....more like acquaintances' than anything else....nevermind....well anyway, it's going to be reported that the ghost of the Babe has been visiting certain members of a certain terrorist network (Not The Yankees) to "cause some trouble", to keep the curse alive.

Just thought you'd like to know. Sorry bud.....don't get your hopes up.

I'll hunt down and strangle to death Osama all by myself if that happens :)

Weazle23
10-27-2004, 18:59
Hmmmmm.....

Do you think the Babe would be so cruel as to let the Sox come back from 3 games down to win the ALCS and then get them up 3 to nothing in the World Series only to lose?

The curse lives until the Sox win it all...

Truth is said to be stranger than fiction, but this sounds too storybook to happen. Iv'e been rooting for Boston since the playoffs started because I'd like to see the curse broken, (and I hate the Yankees) but now... This would be one of the best Series of all time if the Cards were able to keep the curse alive.

FYI, no way to verify this but; I called that 1st inning lead off HR as the ball was being pitched! My roomie just looked at me and shook his head. And no, I don't call HR's for every pitch just to say I called it. lol

Ambush Master
10-27-2004, 19:10
Not to mention the TOTAL Lunar Eclipse tonight !! The first time in a World Series !!

brownapple
10-27-2004, 19:28
Still not over the biggest choke in baseball history are you GH :D

The biggest choke in baseball history is the 1986 World Series.

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 21:47
Babe who?

DunbarFC
10-27-2004, 22:14
The biggest choke in baseball history is the 1986 World Series.

Ahh sorry but no :D

AT LAST!

Pigs can fly, hell is frozen, the slipper finally fits,
and Impossible Dreams really can come true.

The Red Sox have won the World Series

NousDefionsDoc
10-27-2004, 22:25
Congratulations to the Red Sox and the Boston fans that stood behind them so long. Know what I liked about them? They played as a team. Manny doesn't get an RBI in the league championship series and Pedro doesn't win a game - but they win. Never lost their sense of humor when things got bad. They're scruffy, nasty, terrible fielders in some cases, make stupid mistakes - they are also the world champs.

Teamwork is everything.

They've got a hell of a coach, sticking with Bellhorn like he did.

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2004, 22:56
I didn't watch any of it, but congrats to the chowds. Please do not burn down the city.

DanUCSB
10-28-2004, 00:20
I could give a rat's ass less about what bunch of spoiled, whining, steroid shooting millionaires do on a playing field.

Sorry guys, but I'm with TR on this one. I don't normally watch baseball, as I think it's a particularly lame sport, but I'll admit that I sat down tonight at a pub on my way home, determined to see what everyone was all worked up about.

Well, I lasted about an inning until I saw a pinch-runner take the field. And I stood up, and left.

Do these guys not get paid enough nowadays to run the bases for themselves?

DunbarFC
10-28-2004, 00:26
Sorry guys, but I'm with TR on this one. I don't normally watch baseball, as I think it's a particularly lame sport, but I'll admit that I sat down tonight at a pub on my way home, determined to see what everyone was all worked up about.

Well, I lasted about an inning until I saw a pinch-runner take the field. And I stood up, and left.

Do these guys not get paid enough nowadays to run the bases for themselves?

Pinch running is part of the game itself

NousDefionsDoc
10-28-2004, 00:33
Its like kimchee - you either love it or...

I love baseball for the strategy aspects, especially NL, where they don't have the DL.

I love football for the physical aspects.

Soccer sux.

DanUCSB
10-28-2004, 00:45
Pinch running is part of the game itself

Indeed it is. I did not mean to dispute that, but rather to express my dislike of a game that -would- have such a device. Just as I don't watch croquet because I think it's lame to watch men tap balls through wire hoops, I don't watch baseball because I think it's lame to watch overpaid men who can't be bothered to hit or run for themselves, no matter how much strategy is involved.

It's only exacerbated by the nature of modern professional sports, which TR summed up best with his: "I could give a rat's ass less about what bunch of spoiled, whining, steroid shooting millionaires do on a playing field," comment. Baseball is merely the lamest of the sports these millionaires play; our nation's real heroes carry M4s rather than corked bats and earn Base Pay rather than multi-million dollar signing bonuses.

Huey14
10-28-2004, 02:17
I think we can all agree that cricket is a far superior sport, and one that is played by gentlemen and not drug taking thugs.

Just don't ask me to explain it. I tried to explain it to a new comer at the Embassy once...took awhile to explain the concept of the over. :confused: :D

Radar Rider
10-28-2004, 03:54
I chose the RedSox. Therefore, expect the Cardinals to win. That's just my luck. :(Well, what do you know? I chose correctly, for once.

brownapple
10-28-2004, 07:09
Congrats to the Red Sox and their fans. The curse is lifted. The Bambino gave you a break (because Boston finally built a team...only took 86 years).

Now, you need to get a few more banners for the rafters of the stadium. You're a bit behind. :D

DunbarFC
10-28-2004, 09:15
Wow what a feeling

It's amazing !

Mike Torrez - we forgive you

Johnny Pesky - we forgive you

Bill Lee - we forgive you

Bill Buckner - we forgive you. Enjoy the peace

Aaron Bleeping Boone and Bucky Bleeping Dent - we don't forgive you. You can still both rot in hell

THE SOX WIN !! :lifter

NousDefionsDoc
10-28-2004, 10:13
I think we can all agree that cricket is a far superior sport, and one that is played by gentlemen and not drug taking thugs.

Just don't ask me to explain it. I tried to explain it to a new comer at the Embassy once...took awhile to explain the concept of the over. :confused: :D

Cricket is a bug - looks like a grasshopper.

Huey14
10-28-2004, 16:12
A damn cool bug.

The Reaper
10-28-2004, 16:50
A damn cool bug.

Not if you are trying to sleep.

TR

Huey14
10-28-2004, 17:30
True enough.

A flamethrower should deal to them easily enough.