what
he said yesterday.

I think everybody out there understood that was an important debate and
the
majority of voters agreed with me. By the way, more voters agreed with me
on
this issue than voted for me!

Read more:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/willis-report/blog/2012/11/15/half-your-paycheck-government-2013#ixzz2COAo5Ip9

BMT

mark46th
11-16-2012, 09:42
He forgot to mention that the Republicans were voted in as a majority in the House of Representatives, who by constitutional authority, decides who pays how much tax....

Pete
11-16-2012, 11:32
Very few hourly workers know their true worth to a company.

Oh, they look at their pay stub and think they know but they don't.

There would be pitchforks desending on Washington if Pay Stubs started with

Your Worth to the Company this pay period.......

- and then started deducting the fees and taxes the company has to pay and then started in on what the worker normally sees deducted.

Dozer523
11-16-2012, 12:09
I counted 35 and a fraction % coming out of my pocket.

Before deductions.
My kids -- I love em lots I love em lots more in April!
My house -- not withstanding I still have a creative contractor and "craftsmen and artisans" finding more and more cool things to do to it ( thank me, Mr President! I am personally funding the home improvement recovery in the STL area). God bless the mortgage interest credit which also covers the second we took out to pay for this remake of the movie "The Money Pit".
My state, county, and city who take their slice -- but I get that credited to my fed
Oh and my favorite . . . My schools -- who gobble up 68 pennies per dollar of the $2,125 we pay every Quarter!
Oh and I get to write charity contribution -- to include mileage and new skis cuz I'm in the NSP.

I figure I pay for what I get. I'm in the Guard. So I got to travel to a foreign land, meet people. I get to go to Army posts all over the country and man oh man!!! have they gotten N I C E! since I was on AD in the 80's (where did THAT money come from?)
I got electricity, and cable, phone service, I can drive any dang place I want. Somebody somewhere makes sure my food and water is clean and another somebody makes sure my garbage doesn't make anyone sick. I can get on a airplane with total confidence it isn't going to bump into another plane -- statistically speaking. Courtesy of the my VA benefits My Daughter is going to the best journalism school in Amer . . . I mean the world (BCMU is home for Thanksgiving. . . Via AMTRAK)
JHC! I am bellied-up to the public though!

Sorry, I just don't think I'm getting screwed when I'm asked/told to help pay for it. I just think the bills for 11 years of war are doing due. And i like the services i use cuz I've been places where those public services aren't and those places suck. So if I have to pay a little extra for what I got and to keep what I have so be it. And I'm part of the 1% of the 1% so I earned what I got. (But i'll still help pay for it . . . and thanks to those of you who are also paying for what I'm getting! Really!)
i think i deserve what i get, maybe more then the 99%. And I think that is a hell of a lot more right then the 53%.

We live in the greatest and best (words don't mean the same thing) but it comes with a price and we have to share that price.

Streck-Fu
11-16-2012, 12:52
We live in the greatest and best (words don't mean the same thing) but it comes with a price and we have to share that price.

I would be more inclined to agree if not for the fact that government is an extraordinary waste of money. Paying something via taxes to cover common services is fine. However, I am not ok with government wasting the majority of the money they take, create more expensive policies, and then demand more money.....

mark46th
11-16-2012, 14:03
I got a small quarterly bonus check today, It was taxed at 46%... Thanks!

Stargazer
11-16-2012, 14:09
I got a small quarterly bonus check today, It was taxed at 46%... Thanks!

Uncle Sam thanks you for doing your fair-share. Now, get out there and make more, he's got mouths to feed... :D

Dozer523
11-16-2012, 16:37
I would be more inclined to agree if not for the fact that government is an extraordinary waste of money. . . .I am not ok with government wasting the majority of the money they take, create more expensive policies, and then demand more money.....
And there lies the rub. Aside from the stuff that gets reported (and generates a reward to the reporter) as fraud and abuse how does one define waste?
I grew up with Air-land Battle. I think Air-Sea battle is a waste. I'm an Infantryman at heart so why the Air Force needs anything but C-130s and A-10s is beyond me altho my Nephew-in-law is chomping at the bit to try (andMAYBE trade his F-18) for a F-35.
Waste is all relative. Not my relatives! My N in L, He's Awesome.

Does anyone have a percentage of the budget that is estimated to be lost to WFA?

Edit to add: B-52's I like them A lot too.

Pete
11-16-2012, 16:49
.......Does anyone have a percentage of the budget that is estimated to be lost to WFA?

Well, Defense is estimated to be 24% of the estimated 2013 budget.

Health Care 24% - Pensions 23% - Welfare 11% - Interest on the debt 7% - Those are the other biggies.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/budget_pie_gs.php

The question on the table now is how much of the Defense 24% should be cut in order to give more to the other three biggies.

If you click over to 2017 you see Defense 18% and then 28% - 24% and 9% with interest up to 12%.

Streck-Fu
11-16-2012, 18:45
.....how does one define waste?

Any government acquisition program or government managed program...

I thought about using pink but it's closer to the truth......

ZonieDiver
11-16-2012, 18:51
Any government acquisition program or government managed program...

I thought about using pink but it's closer to the truth......

ANY?!?!

WTF! Are we going to "privatize" DOD? The Army = private contractors?!?

That is the ultimate end of your position. You know that's full of shit. Life just ain't that simple. Is it?

Pete
11-16-2012, 18:58
ANY?!?!

WTF! Are we going to "privatize" DOD? The Army = private contractors?!?

That is the ultimate end of your position. You know that's full of shit. Life just ain't that simple. Is it?

He's talking about the folks who think up ACUs & ASUs - not to mention the folks who are spending $1.5 million looking at Jerky.

ddoering
11-16-2012, 19:05
Sorry, I just don't think I'm getting screwed when I'm asked/told to help pay for it. I just think the bills for 11 years of war are doing due. And i like the services i use cuz I've been places where those public services aren't and those places suck. So if I have to pay a little extra for what I got and to keep what I have so be it. And I'm part of the 1% of the 1% so I earned what I got. (But i'll still help pay for it . . . and thanks to those of you who are also paying for what I'm getting! Really!)
i think i deserve what i get, maybe more then the 99%. And I think that is a hell of a lot more right then the 53%.

Paying for roads, defense, and public services is one thing but supporting several nonproductive families is something else completely.

And just what are we the best and greatest at now anyways? Not education or healthcare. Nor much of anything else statistically speaking. We do make some smart bombs though, just not smart citizens.

SF18C
11-16-2012, 20:48
So did anyone catch the report about the rise of breast cancer in the African-American communities? Funny the fact that all the Federally funded Plan Parenthood clinics are located primarily in those communities????

How much of my tax money goes to that waste!

http://wtvr.com/2012/11/15/cdc-breast-cancer-deadlier-in-african-american-women/

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Daily-Reports/2012/October/17/debate-womens-health-issues.aspx

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/womens-health/breast-exam-21194.htm

http://www.protectingblacklife.org/pp_targets/

Streck-Fu
11-16-2012, 21:25
He's talking about the folks who think up ACUs & ASUs - not to mention the folks who are spending $1.5 million looking at Jerky.

Absolutely.

Thank you.

ZonieDiver
11-16-2012, 21:33
Any and all... that's an open mind! Let's not evaluate, let's condemn.

Dozer523
11-16-2012, 23:32
1.5 million dollars to watch that? Heck you can watch it for free. It's it's own category.

So i been told.

Razor
11-17-2012, 22:41
We live in the greatest and best (words don't mean the same thing) but it comes with a price and we have to share that price. Emphasis mine

And there lies the problem...if YOU feel the desire to pay for all of it, by all means feel free to donate more than your tax bill to whatever pet project you see fit. However, your charitible actions end at the corners of YOUR wallet. I'd greatly appreciate it if you (the collective, liberal "you", that is) would stop trying to so freely and frequently donate MY money to whatever cause shines your apple. I have my own interests and charitible targets, and would prefer to direct MY money as I see fit. I'm quickly losing my already tragically short patience with all the Good Idea Fairies that are hiding behind the skirts of Compassion and Good Will, chanting "we must do more to help our fellow man" while reaching into MY pocket for what THEY determine is MY fair share. You want to do more? Feel free, with YOUR funds, not mine.

Last hard class
11-18-2012, 00:29
Am I the only one who is havining a hard time making the math work in this article?

LHC

Peregrino
11-18-2012, 10:43
I personally believe it's a citizen's DUTY to pay the least amount of taxes legally permissable (and fight to reduce taxes or at least prevent gov't raising them). It's the least objectionable means available to average citizens for controlling the rapacious appetite of an out of control government. A sane government would then restrain itself to live within its means; ours (arguably not sane) simply continues defecit spending at an ever increasing rate. Ronald Regan's analogy of a baby's alimentary canal comes readilly to mind. When does "John Galt" repudiate the excesses?

Gypsy
11-18-2012, 11:01
The president is convinced Americans need to pay more in taxes.

And I am convinced he's wrong. I'm tired of people sticking their hands in my wallet for what they feel is important.

STOP SPENDING MONEY YOU DO NOT HAVE. How hard is that to understand?