PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Gave Petraeus's Wife a $187,605-Per-Year Job

BMT (RIP)
11-15-2012, 05:14
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-administration-gave-petraeuss-wife-187605-year-job

:eek:

BMT

Pete
11-15-2012, 05:18
Well, she's been there 2 years.

Another office created by politicians so they can give people in the circle a government funded job paid for with out tax dollars.

Skelepede
11-15-2012, 05:58
Maybe they mistook her for Karl Rove due to the striking resemblance.

ddoering
11-15-2012, 07:37
Looking at her I see why he did the LTC.

Richard
11-15-2012, 08:17
Looking at her I see why he did the LTC.

I don't, but that's because I view marriage as both a written contract and a personal promise by two people to commit to a wholly monogamous marital relationship - at least until the contract has been legally voided.

However, YMMV.

Richard :munchin

Dozer523
11-15-2012, 08:32
Mrs. Petraeus has long been the best friend a PVT2 could have when he or she exited the Main Gate and entered the predatory world just outside -- pawn shops, buy-here-pay-here used car dealerships, pay-day loan joints etc.
Mrs. Petreaus built that resume over 37 years. Her "career" seemed to have been one of using power to assist Soldiers. Her husband OTOH seemed focused on power for its own and his own sake.

Good luck to you Mrs P. you earned that job, keep it. Divorce the bum, divvy up the stuff, and keep half his retirement. He and Mrs Broadwell can live happily ever after (I wonder how Mrs B will fare in her divorce.)

(I think she was quite the catch as a young debutante. Which would explain little Davie's attraction.)

.02 I guess

mark46th
11-15-2012, 09:06
Why would anyone be surprised that Obama gave her a $187,000 a year job? It's the way things are done in Chicago. Michelle Obama was given a $350,000 a year no show job at a hospital in Chicago when Obama was elected to the Senate. Business as usual....

VVVV
11-15-2012, 10:21
Why would anyone be surprised that Obama gave her a $187,000 a year job? It's the way things are done in Chicago. Michelle Obama was given a $350,000 a year no show job at a hospital in Chicago when Obama was elected to the Senate. Business as usual....

Business as usual...SOP for Reps and Dems alike! In this case he made an excellent choice.

SouthernDZ
11-15-2012, 15:59
When my wife was the hospital commander at Fort Leavenworth, LTG P was the CAC/Post Cdr. We went to his home at the top of the hill for a Christmas reception. Framed on the wall were five overlapping cocktail napkins from previous commander’s reception parties. Their names/dates were printed on the napkins. All five were former GOs, from HER side of the family.

She was a very talented lady, and I’m certain still is, a class act.

MtnGoat
11-15-2012, 18:29
Business as usual...SOP for Reps and Dems alike! In this case he made an excellent choice.

Yeap.. Rich always taking care of each other... Nothing new!!

Dozer523
11-15-2012, 18:50
Yeap.. Rich always taking care of each other... Nothing new!!
Let's tax the sh!t out of the B@stards!!!:D

MR2
11-15-2012, 18:57

A few questions Dozer; what percent constitutes "tax the sh!t", what is your definition of "rich", and who should decide what the "tax percent" and definition of rich" is? :munchin

SF18C
11-15-2012, 19:15
A few questions Dozer; what percent constitutes "tax the sh!t", what is your definition of "rich", and who should decide what the "tax percent" and definition of rich" is? :munchin

Anyone that makes a dollar more than me!:p

ddoering
11-16-2012, 08:20

Tax them till they qualify for food stamps.
That will make dems out of them....:eek:

afchic
11-16-2012, 10:08
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-administration-gave-petraeuss-wife-187605-year-job

:eek:

BMT

After reading the article, it seems to me Mrs. P earned her position. I for one am glad servicemembers have someone on our side looking out for our interests.