PDA

View Full Version : Network Set Up

Penn
11-06-2012, 11:50
I have a several computers I would like to link together as a network, they operated as separate work stations now . I have zero knowledge of the process, what do I need to do?

x SF med
11-06-2012, 12:04
What's your OS?
Are you using wireless? If not, do you have lots of cat5 with connectors and a network hub?
Where's my beer? I can't say "here hold my beer and watch this, it gonna be epic" if you don't have any beer.

cedsall
11-06-2012, 17:38
Do you want them to:

a. Communicate with one another.

b. Communicate with the Internet.

c. Both

d. Something else

Irishsquid
11-06-2012, 21:12
Do you want them to:

a. Communicate with one another.

b. Communicate with the Internet.

c. Both

d. Something else

This.

I'm assuming you want them to talk to each other AND to the internet. If that's the case, you need to decide if you want wired or wireless. Get the appropriate "router," (Wireless routers still generally allow a wired connection as well) and connect them. Connect the "router," to the internet, and you're good to go. As for them talking to each other, let me know what you want to accomplish (file/media sharing, server-client connection, etc), and I'll try to talk you through it.

Penn
11-15-2012, 22:17
Gents, sorry for the late rpy, but Hand and I work it out via PM. My apology for not posting sooner, I'm GTG, knuckles are taped and healing. Thank you for offering your insight.