PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security graduates first Corps of Homeland Youth

BMT (RIP)
10-28-2012, 07:16
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42012/homeland-security-graduates-first-corps-of-homeland-youth/

ZERO's private Army?

BMT

Eagle5US
10-28-2012, 07:25
Move along...move along....nothing to see here...:rolleyes:

Dusty
10-28-2012, 09:29
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42012/homeland-security-graduates-first-corps-of-homeland-youth/

ZERO's private Army?

BMT

No, no, no. Here's his private army:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

ZonieDiver
10-28-2012, 09:31
They better start recruiting faster, because Dusty says Obama has less than ten days until he's voted out of office, and then 2 1/2 months left in office. Unless...

231 isn't going to cut it, even if they give them those nifty DHS "fighting vehicles". Of course, this could be an updated version of Lincoln's "Anaconda Plan" since the recruits are in Vicksburg!

I also take exception to this statement in the linked article:

The first problem one finds with this ‘new army’ is the fact that they are mere children. Yes, 18 is generally the legal age a person can sign a contract, join the military or be tried as an adult. But ask any parent - an 18, 20 or even a 24 year-old is still a naïve, readily-influenced kid.
the bolding is mine

Shit, we had better be careful or they'll start recruiting our 18x prospects out from under our noses. :D

Richard
10-28-2012, 10:01
An amazing ( :eek: ) almagamation of conspiracy angst pulled together using paslodean logic to create yet another storm cloud on the ever darkening horizons of the blogosphere's ATP (American Tinfoil Press) crowd...

Have they picked up all those white vans being stored at that little Florida airport next to the port yet? :rolleyes:

Richard :munchin

Dusty
10-28-2012, 10:05
using paslodean logic :rolleyes:

How richardean.

ZonieDiver
10-28-2012, 10:33
No, no, no. Here's his private army:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

They scared the crap out of me! :confused:

Not only do these guys need to do more recruiting (the video was from 10/08, maybe they have), they could also use a good PT class or two. A couple of them would have a big problem getting into one of those DHS "fighting vehicles"!

Seriously, I don't, and didn't, have a big problem with young black men/youths admiring Obama - or worshipping, as some might say.

I'd be interested to know how many of those youngsters feel the same way today.

BrokenSwitch
10-28-2012, 11:16
I read the article, and it mentions multiple disparate items:

1) DHS now has its own version of Civil Air Patrol.

2) Armored vehicles for ICE.

3) Ammunition purchases (which other threads here attributed to groups like USCG).

The only connection between these things seems to be insinuation.

---------------------------

Speaking of ICE... when did this administration begin taking ICE's role seriously?

Dusty
10-28-2012, 11:55
I read the article, and it mentions multiple disparate items:

1) DHS now has its own version of Civil Air Patrol.

2) Armored vehicles for ICE.

3) Ammunition purchases (which other threads here attributed to groups like USCG).

The only connection between these things seems to be insinuation.

---------------------------

Speaking of ICE... when did this administration begin taking ICE's role seriously?

Ain't much they can do in a week and change.

cbtengr
10-28-2012, 12:37

ZERO's private Army?

BMT

I am trying to figure out what this private Army is costing us and the figures I have found range anywhere from 55 to 66 thousand a year, can this be possible? If that is the case am I too old to enlist?

Dozer523
10-28-2012, 14:49
How richardean.

That's hard to pronounce.
Don't you mean Ricky Ricardian?

Lucy! You got some 'splain' to do

I am trying to figure out what this private Army is costing us and the figures I have found range anywhere from 55 to 66 thousand a year, can this be possible? If that is the case am I too old to enlist?
This is (wake up) Amurica! Any thing is possible!

Richard
10-28-2012, 15:03
On March 13, 2012, the White House announced an innovative partnership between the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to establish a FEMA-devoted unit of 1,600 service corps members within AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) solely devoted to disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. This partnership builds on the historic collaboration between the two agencies and will enhance the federal government’s disaster capabilities, increase the reliability and diversity of the disaster workforce, promote an ethic of service, expand education and economic opportunity for young people, and achieve significant cost savings for the American taxpayer. When the program is at full operational capability, and in an average disaster year, we expect to see a savings of approximately $60 million in a year.

Every year, millions of Americans suffer the effects of natural and man-made disaster. Disasters can lead to human losses, social problems, economic harm, and environmental damage. Given the prevalence and severity of disasters and other hazards, FEMA is looking for ways to diversify and fortify its existing disaster workforce structure. FEMA will partner with CNCS to support 1,600 additional service corps members annually within AmeriCorps NCCC, a full-time residential service program for individuals ages 18-24. The FEMA Corps members will be solely focus on disaster preparedness, response, and recovery activities, providing support in areas ranging from working directly with disaster survivors to supporting disaster recovering centers to sharing valuable disaster preparedness and mitigation information with the public.

The FEMA Corps members will serve for a 10 month term with an option to extend for a second year. The program will prepare thousands of young people for careers in emergency management and related fields. During their service, they will gain significant training and experience in disaster services and will provide important support to disaster survivors. The first members will begin serving in August 2012 and the program will reach full capacity within 18 months.

http://www.fema.gov/fema-corps

Some army. :rolleyes: Yawn.

Dozer523
10-28-2012, 15:22
Some army. :rolleyes: Yawn.

Sounds like the National Ski Patrol. We are all first responders and we wear red coats ( that look disturbingly similiar to Swiss flags) and heavy boots and in some parts of the west we have artillery. .

Paslode
10-28-2012, 15:51
Paslodean logic

Thanks Richard for putting a name to it :D

Paslodean Logic generally equates to it has happened before and/or History has time and time gain proven it is never completely out of the equation. All it takes is a vision and people to ignore that vision for it to come to fruition.

Considering the possibility of the US Government arming drug cartels or AQI who harm US Citizens might be an example of Pasloden Logic

Golf1echo
10-29-2012, 09:12
Sounds like the National Ski Patrol. We are all first responders and we wear red coats ( that look disturbingly similiar to Swiss flags) and heavy boots and in some parts of the west we have artillery. .

I actually think every American should serve in some capacity so not trying to weigh in on the conspiracy issue. Just a mention that the Ski Patrol was heavily recruited into the 10th Mt Division to get it of the ground. I love that legacy! Might be nice to work for a less polarized political environment so we could move forward and do some positive things...Maybe even some CCC type organizations, what they need are trucks and equipment with tools not the vehicles shown.

mark46th
10-29-2012, 09:51
Do they get a knife when they graduate?

Buffalobob
10-29-2012, 17:32
paslodean logic

Defined as a complete lack of knowledge and experience but willing to type up conjecture as if it was proven science. As they say in micro biology -examples TNTC.

Sigaba
10-29-2012, 20:42
Entire post.You might benefit from taking another look at this <<LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhkZ6GpVlQ)>>. Or, since you brought up "History," you might read Historians' Fallacies: Toward a Logic of Historical Thought by David Hackett Fischer.