PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Soldier Pleads Guilty to Abusing Iraqi Prisoners

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 22:49
Article (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20041021/ts_nm/iraq_abuse_dc)

"I was afraid of retaliation by other soldiers. We all walked around with loaded weapons. It was very high stress," he said.

But the Army staff sergeant also blamed his chain of command, saying he was given no training or support in supervising detainees and only learned of regulations against mistreatment after the abuses occurred between October and December last year.

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 23:57
There is no excuse for this type of unprofessional and criminal behavior. It undoes any small gains made by SF, CA and psypopper units. IMO, it makes the sacrifice of those like the two soldiers I posted in the "Some gave of all" forum a waste.

This piece of shit and his cohorts should be put under Leaveanworth as far as I'm concerned - for life.

Not to even mention a lame assed excuse for an NCO - "I didn't get any training..." and him a prison guard.

The Reaper
10-21-2004, 05:15
There is no excuse for this type of unprofessional and criminal behavior. It undoes any small gains made by SF, CA and psypopper units. IMO, it makes the sacrifice of those like the two soldiers I posted in the "Some gave of all" forum a waste.

This piece of shit and his cohorts should be put under Leaveanworth as far as I'm concerned - for life.

Not to even mention a lame assed excuse for an NCO - "I didn't get any training..." and him a prison guard.

Concur.

As I stated before this has wiped out hundreds of good deeds, billions spent on projects,and countless lives sacrificed helping.

The actions of these soldiers would have been better viewed in the Arab world if they had just shot the prisoners in the head and tossed them into a pit.

TR