PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Harsey II arrived today

ErwinD
10-19-2012, 18:48
Just wanted to provide a size perspective for a few excellent blades. My Spartan Harsey II arrived today so took a few quick pics (Definitely not Peter M quality)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/dre_az/IMG_0567.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/dre_az/IMG_0554.jpg

Eyes Wide Open
10-19-2012, 22:34
That is a knife! :D Question, on the knife profile, why does the knife protrude out on the spine, towards the top? Is there an actual function or just "all show"?

Barbarian
10-20-2012, 12:35
Spartan Harsey II arrived today

Congrats. Beautiful addition to your collection.

Question, on the knife profile, why does the knife protrude out on the spine, towards the top?

That is not the first time that question has been asked on PS.com. It would be wise to use the search function, before posting questions. Else-wise, you'll likely draw fire. Just some friendly advice.

Have a look at the previous thread concerning the Spartan/Harsey Model 2, to find what you're looking for.

matlt
10-22-2012, 00:49
I have a feeling you guys are going to be doing some damage to my wallet here soon. I'm really starting to fall for the FDE colored blade. I'm having trouble finding anything but the basic measures on this model. How thick is the swedge on the spine near the tip? Is it considerably thicker than the swedge on the green beret?

ErwinD
10-22-2012, 14:16
The Spartan tip grind is a little finer than the Pacific but bear in mind the blade stock is also different. The Pacific is .220 while the Spartan Harsey II is .1875. The weight is almost identical but they have a diffent balance point. Though similar in overall shape they feel quite different in hand.

Both blades scream quality so it comes down to personal likes, dislikes etc. I also like my fingergrip Randalls but for different reasons.

Yes, you may be tempted by what you see or read about here so be wise in your purchases. Thanks for your questions!

Bill Harsey
10-22-2012, 16:20
That is a knife! :D Question, on the knife profile, why does the knife protrude out on the spine, towards the top? Is there an actual function or just "all show"?

Yeah, I designed that just for "all show". :rolleyes:

ErwinD
10-22-2012, 19:07
LOL, too funny. To me, the "harpoon" design is visually a very strong feature. It reminds me of the old Randall model 14's made from the Solingen blanks. Me likes :)

How is the shop coming along Bill?