PDA

View Full Version : SF Ring Legend

that1otherdude
10-12-2012, 21:27
Is there any truth to the legend that a Ring is given to a SF Sargeant at the onset of any major undertaking that SF units participate in? I read about this in a book and wonder if it is BS or not.

Supposedly is was worn by Team leader of 5xx during initial invasion of Afghanistan?

Is this just a neat story for history nerds like me or did it happen?

longrange1947
10-12-2012, 22:20
Bud, you have posted 5 time s and have yet to follow the instructions of intro and profile. You are now on the edge. I highly recommend you post no further until you have followed ALL instructions.

Your SA is poor to say the least. I am sure this will not be your only warning, as you have 4 more posts open to "comment". :munchin

NOT A GOOD START! Do flutter kicks until I am tired. :mad:

Ambush Master
10-12-2012, 22:33
Bud, you have posted 5 time s and have yet to follow the instructions of intro and profile. You are now on the edge. I highly recommend you post no further until you have followed ALL instructions.

Your SA is poor to say the least. I am sure this will not be your only warning, as you have 4 more posts open to "comment". :munchin

NOT A GOOD START! Do flutter kicks until I am tired. :mad:

Now that you have MY attention!!!

You are nanoseconds away from departing this Forum!!

Either fill out your profile and make an Intro post or .......POOFFF!

Sorry, I forgot to say that it would be a "Warning Shot"..................... through the left temple!!!

Ambush Master
10-12-2012, 23:02
Is there any truth to the legend that a Ring is given to a SF Sargeant at the onset of any major undertaking that SF units participate in? I read about this in a book and wonder if it is BS or not.

Supposedly is was worn by Team leader of 5xx during initial invasion of Afghanistan?

Is this just a neat story for history nerds like me or did it happen?

You Successfully dodged this one!!

Later
Martin

that1otherdude
10-12-2012, 23:13
Now that you have MY attention!!!

You are nanoseconds away from departing this Forum!!

Either fill out your profile and make an Intro post or .......POOFFF!

Sorry, I forgot to say that it would be a "Warning Shot"..................... through the left temple!!!

Sorry sirs. I registered for this forum a few years ago and lost the reg. email.

I meant no disrespect to the forum and apologize for accidentally acting like an idiot.

Astronomy
10-13-2012, 00:18
Now that the intro thing is out of the way...

In answer to your question: No. Never got a fucking Yarborough knife either... ;)

Rings might be a local tradition on some particular ODA (or in some long ago company), but from '77 until '12...I never encountered it anywhere as an SF tradition.

On the other hand, over the years, lots of TDY locations have been good for bargain gold purchases. Veterans of SEA, the Balkans, and Middle East have all encountered deployments where everyone eventually sported various bullion or jewelry due to being flush with cash and finding great bargains. But the same could be said for Persian carpets, Rolex watches, Star Sapphire rings, Jade, etc.

At the price of gold these days, I'd love to know who'd spring for the cost of unit-wide issue bling.

that1otherdude
10-13-2012, 00:28
Now that the intro thing is out of the way...

In answer to your question: No. Never got a fucking Yarborough knife either... ;)

Rings might be a local tradition on some particular ODA (or some long ago company), but from '77 until '12...I never encountered it anywhere as an SF tradition.

On the other hand, over the years, lots of TDY locations have been good for bargain gold purchases. Veterans of SEA, the Balkans, and Middle East have all encountered deployments where everyone eventually sported various bullion or jewelry due to being flush with cash and finding great bargains. But the same could be said for Persian carpets, Rolex watches, Star Sapphire rings, Jade, etc.

At the price of gold these days, I'd love to know who'd spring for the cost of unit wide issue bling.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have read about it in a couple of books and wondered if it was just made up or not.

Pete
10-13-2012, 03:57
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have read about it in a couple of books and wondered if it was just made up or not.

Son, for some reason you sat down at the keyboard last night and started 3 worthless threads.

You need to go into listening silence for about another month. And if at the end of that time you jump out and start another thread you're toast. And if you try and get around that by posting a question on a random thread you're toast.

And "Sargeant" is usually spelled "Sergeant" around here.

This, and all your threads are closed.