PDA

View Full Version : WLC before the Q course

cayo275
10-11-2012, 10:44
I have already attended WLC. I have searched for a while on the web and on this site but can't seem to find an answer. Since I already have WLC will I have to reattend CLT/BNCOC/PLDC/WLC whichever other NCOES school is at the beginning of the Q course?

Most of the information I have stumbled across has just been with the changing of names for the course, not with substitutions for the course itself.

Hopefully I haven't missed it somewhere in here, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

shortbrownguy
10-11-2012, 12:45
Short answer is Yes...

SBG sends.

Sir topham hatt
10-12-2012, 01:37
I am a WLC graduate, and still have a class date for CLT. From what I've heard its pretty much just a long pt session. :lifter

Cowgomoo
10-13-2012, 14:28
I am currently in CLT hold right now so I can comment on this.

If you have not been to WLC, you will have to attend the entire CLT course which is I believe 18 days long. If you already have WLC, then you will only attend the last 3 days of CLT which is the ALC part of the course.

Sir topham hatt
10-15-2012, 03:02
If you already have WLC, then you will only attend the last 3 days of CLT which is the ALC part of the course.

Is that from the rumor mill or is that confirmed? It would be nice, but sounds too good to be true.

jurisdoctor
10-15-2012, 21:00
That is correct. Other things such as OCS can waive the WLC portion of CLT as well.

cayo275
10-31-2012, 09:28
thank you gentlemen for your help. Much appreciated

Karl
12-12-2012, 23:09
Unfortunately, until you are here, and they tell you "you're going here next" you won't know for sure. The requirements change on a seemingly hourly basis. When I went through, we had SSGs who had completed WLC and BNCOC phase 1, but because they didn't have a 1059 for BNCOC (logically, as they hadn't completed phase 2), they did the entirety of CLT. A few classes later, I heard that those with WLC skipped it entirely. A couple classes after that, those with WLC only went to the final 3 days of CLT (most recent that I've heard).

It's pointless to try to predict it, just show up in good shape, regardless of where you're going. And be prepared to spend at least a couple weeks in "hold" waiting for a class slot before every phase. If they say you need to do it, you'll get a couple weeks of not having to cook, heat your house, or buy food while your paycheck continues to get deposited in your bank. It seems like a big deal when you're coming up to it, and you want to get started with the real stuff as soon as possible, and get to the good training, and, and, and... but when you look back at it a year later, you'll laugh that you even spared it a second thought. The course is a marathon, especially if you want to be a 18D. Don't bother jockeying around at the beginning.

Bortz
07-23-2013, 01:31
deleted