PDA

View Full Version : Potential Fraud/Poser????

Viking0815
10-10-2012, 15:46
All,

I am trying to confirm or deny, as the case may be, an individuals claim to have served as a QP in 7th and 10th and a OD-D operator.
I retired from 10SFG in 2005 and am now working as a DA civilian in Utah and upon accepting the position last August I was given an in-brief from this individual as the installation General Manager (GM) which is a GS -15 paygrade. Most of our discussion at that time didn't meet my QP validation process.

However, since the individual was in a position to hire and fire on the spot as an equivalent installation Commander, I didn't press the issue at the time.

Over the past year numerous personel on and off installation have approached me asking for verification of the individuals stated credentials because of the physical posturing and hero stories the individual keeps spewing out with every breath.

This particular individual has since departed and is now working for a private company, but has left a large number of the workforce on this installation with a bad taste in their mouth at the mention of SF.

Additionally, I have received information from other QP's that this individual may be a Fraud/Poser and has managed to utilize his self proclaimed military background as a tool to land numerous supervisory/executive level positions and then suddenly finds a life changing event to justify his departure before the questions and inquiries get too involved.

I have attached the individuals linkedin address. Please take a look and provide feed back so I can either confirm the fraud or dispell the local rumors and defend one of the brotherhood. I also have he individuals personal bio used for hire to the position he held here if needed.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-grigsby/1a/560/61a

Thanks.

Team Sergeant
10-11-2012, 17:54
Well well well, guess who's records I ran in 2009..... I knew I remembered that name..... I have his official military records that I requested from three years ago.

Christopher Calvin Grigsby

Seems another Special Forces soldier wanted to know if he was SF also.

I have this guys military records and he was a "Supply Sergeant".

He's been to every supply school on the planet according to him military records.

Was he a Special Forces soldier, NO.

Eagle5US
10-11-2012, 18:21
Well well well, guess who's records I ran in 2009..... I knew I remembered that name..... I have his official military records that I requested from three years ago.

Seems another Special Forces soldier wanted to know if he was SF also.

He's been to every supply school on the planet according to him military records.

Was he a Special Forces soldier, NO.
That's pretty damned funny right there.:D

SF18C
10-11-2012, 18:25
hmmm...looks like he left Ft Sill when I got here.

Also seems to be a job hopper too! Hasn't held a steady position for more than 2 years!

Snaquebite
10-11-2012, 18:31
BAM...BOOM...BooooYAH.

Stras
10-11-2012, 22:49
hmmm...looks like he left Ft Sill when I got here.

Also seems to be a job hopper too! Hasn't held a steady position for more than 2 years!

Chris was at 10th Main between 97 and 2001, working in GSC or HHC as the PBO or OCIE.

From his job hopper status, "he appears to be running".

BKKMAN
10-11-2012, 23:53
He's got quite the bio over at his new job...

http://redcheetah.com/about-us/our-team/chris-grigsby

You should give him a call to say "hey"...(512) 681-4589

Dozer523
10-12-2012, 06:42
It was all a big joke until he mentioned a message to Garcia.

1stindoor
10-12-2012, 06:56

Having just looked at the picture on the 'cheetah site...I think he was the same Grigsby that was our supply sergeant in JRTC back in mid '90s.

Team Sergeant
10-12-2012, 08:14
Having just looked at the picture on the 'cheetah site...I think he was the same Grigsby that was our supply sergeant in JRTC back in mid '90s.

You have an excellent memory because Supply Sergeant Christopher Calvin Grigsby was in fact the supply sergeant at JRTC from 93-97.

He started his "Supply Sergeant" career in Special Operations in 1988. And was also the supply sergeant "NCOIC" with 10th Group in Germany.

This is the second time in three years I've received comms that this indivudual is pretending to be a Special Forces soldier. If I find aomething in writing that he states he was an SF soldier then this thread will go into the Hall of Shame.

csquare
10-12-2012, 08:19
He sometimes was the "OPFUND money" guy when C-1/10 deployed. He worked down the street in the S4. Small world......

Cool Breeze
10-12-2012, 11:10
This asshat is one of the reasons legit guys sometimes have trouble finding work. I often think that civilians buyin to the bullshit and take that at face value. Do any companies really vet their employees any more?

Maybe we should fabricate a "war hero" and have the fabricated person apply for positions and political appointments based on the faux CV to root out the companies and groups that rally behind these douche bags.

Cool Breeze
10-12-2012, 11:17
Thought you all would appreciate the following quote from his Red Cheetah bio:

Why I continue to show up for work:
I'm a plank holding member of attacking any pirate ship with a putty knife club. I have spent a Federal active military and civilian service career leaning against every conceivable windmill around the globe in both peace and war and I find there are a few more dragons to slay in the business and corporate contexts.

WTF??? How many "dragons did he slay" working in CIF?

1stindoor
10-12-2012, 11:28
Thought you all would appreciate the following quote from his Red Cheetah bio:

Why I continue to show up for work:
I'm a plank holding member of attacking any pirate ship with a putty knife club. I have spent a Federal active military and civilian service career leaning against every conceivable windmill around the globe in both peace and war and I find there are a few more dragons to slay in the business and corporate contexts.

I'm reminded of the exchange between MAJ Powers and COL Meyers in Heartbreak Ridge.

Colonel Meyers: Are you new to the infantry, Major?
Maj. Malcolm A. Powers: Yes, sir. Just came over from supply.
Colonel Meyers: Were you good at that?
Maj. Malcolm A. Powers: Yes, sir!
Colonel Meyers: Well then, stick to it because you're a walking cluster fuck as an infantry officer. My men are hard chargers,

Team Sergeant
10-12-2012, 11:45

The supply room can be a very dangerous place to work!

orion5
10-12-2012, 12:58
This is the second time in three years I've received comms that this indivudual is pretending to be a Special Forces soldier. If I find aomething in writing that he states he was an SF soldier then this thread will go into the Hall of Shame.

TS,

On the Red Cheetah site it shows they have 5 executive officers, of which Chris Grigsby is one. Another is listed as Orville Gardner, Vice President Strategic Alignments.

Orville's bio says "I believe my experience as a career Army Special Forces Officer with 23 years of service to our country will bring unique perspectives to problem solving and innovation."

I wonder if Mr. Gardner was part of the executive team hiring Mr. Grigsby without properly vetting him? If there was anything submitted in writing (resume/letters/emails) by Chris Grigsby, I'm guessing Orville Gardner would have access to it.

o5

Team Sergeant
10-12-2012, 13:49
TS,

On the Red Cheetah site it shows they have 5 executive officers, of which Chris Grigsby is one. Another is listed as Orville Gardner, Vice President Strategic Alignments.

Orville's bio says "I believe my experience as a career Army Special Forces Officer with 23 years of service to our country will bring unique perspectives to problem solving and innovation."

I wonder if Mr. Gardner was part of the executive team hiring Mr. Grigsby without properly vetting him? If there was anything submitted in writing (resume/letters/emails) by Chris Grigsby, I'm guessing Orville Gardner would have access to it.

o5

I'm sure Mr. Gardner knows that Chris Grigsby was a "supply sergeant"........:rolleyes:

And if not, I'm also sure that Red Cheetah employees will soon be reading this thread and know that Chris Grigsby was a "Supply Sergeant", a non-combatant and not a Special Forces soldier.

x SF med
10-13-2012, 09:29
The supply room can be a very dangerous place to work!

Paper cuts and bruised toes... ouch...:eek:

Kyobanim
10-13-2012, 10:31
Paper cuts and bruised toes... ouch...:eek:

I don't know, those paper cuts can be pretty nasty.

I remember the time . . . no shit, there I was in front of the copier. . .

Richard
10-13-2012, 10:47
Most of our supply sergeants were "S" qualified back when - they were guys with lots of team time whose injuries kept them off teams but Group kept them to work the supply system for us. Guys like JB and such were outstanding SF soldiers who were outstanding supply sergeants and made sure the teams were supported to the max of their abilities. Things are different when the guys on the teams are guys you once served with as a team member.

Guess it's different now, though.

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

sinjefe
10-13-2012, 11:19
Different since at least 1987

csquare
10-15-2012, 08:55
"Orville's bio says "I believe my experience as a career Army Special Forces Officer with 23 years of service to our country will bring unique perspectives to problem solving and innovation"

Holy crap! He was one of my team leaders back in C-1/10. They last time I heard his name, he was the IG at West Point. So does that count towards his 23 years of career SF officer time?

1stindoor
10-15-2012, 09:52
Holy crap! He was one of my team leaders back in C-1/10. They last time I heard his name, he was the IG at West Point. So does that count towards his 23 years of career SF officer time?

It does if you break it down...
Team Leader in C/1/10...start of SF career
Everything else done with crossed arrows still on his collar...makes him "career SF."

Stras
10-15-2012, 12:02
"Orville's bio says "I believe my experience as a career Army Special Forces Officer with 23 years of service to our country will bring unique perspectives to problem solving and innovation"

"23 total years of service"..... He was in A Co circa 1996... he had 011... I think before or after Grosso..

orion5
10-15-2012, 13:15
Just to clarify, when I brought up Orville Gardner, it was not to question his SF service. I see on LinkedIn he is connected to several SF LtC's and Colonels. I assumed they knew of his credentials.

I mentioned Orville Gardner because he is an executive officer in Red Cheetah, a software business in Austin, Tx....the same company where Chris Grigsby is also an executive. If Chris Grigsby (the supply sergeant and subject of this thread) has claimed he was Special Forces, Orville Gardner would be aware of that.

Thanks.....

Viking0815
10-15-2012, 13:39
All,

Thanks for the input.........this helps clarify a few more issues at my location that are associated with Mr. Grigsby's name. It really doesn't surprise me to see that he has landed another executive position (Red Cheetah) particularly, when he was appointed an executive position through HQ IMCOM for the position he held as the installation GM here. I seriously doubt that anyone at his current company have looked any further than a conversation with him.

It's a sad situation when a coin check and brief conversation between individuals can no longer confirm membership in the brotherhood! I guess I need to retain a personal PI just for my own peace of mind!

Attached is the open source bio he used to background check himself to the installation here when assumed the GM position. Apparently, he left here with more than just a few lies dogging his backtrail...........these folks are pissed and are actively seeking retribution from a legal and personal standpoint! Including his ex-wife at HQ IMCOM.

I'm not sure if anything in the bio will help........but if he is a poser/fraud and there is anything I can do to hel "Slay a Dragon" I'm in!!!!!!

Respectfully to all!

csquare
10-15-2012, 13:48
"23 total years of service"..... He was in A Co circa 1996... he had 011... I think before or after Grosso..

Stras, maybe he is also counting his SFAS and Q course time as the 23 years? And he did come over from A Co to our team. But he was in above his head and didn't last long. I'm pretty sure he went down the S4 after he left the company? And that would be how he knows Grisby.......

The Reaper
10-15-2012, 21:04
Just to clarify, when I brought up Orville Gardner, it was not to question his SF service. I see on LinkedIn he is connected to several SF LtC's and Colonels. I assumed they knew of his credentials.

I mentioned Orville Gardner because he is an executive officer in Red Cheetah, a software business in Austin, Tx....the same company where Chris Grigsby is also an executive. If Chris Grigsby (the supply sergeant and subject of this thread) has claimed he was Special Forces, Orville Gardner would be aware of that.

Thanks.....

I know Orville.

He is SF and is a decent guy, IMHO.

TR

Stras
10-16-2012, 04:01

Thanks.....

I've known Orville since the start of his SF career.. last worked with him in 2010.

The question was posed by C2 was "how long he had been in SF(23yrs)". He served for 23 years, but about the last 19ish as SF.

Sorry to have confused everyone..

Stras
10-16-2012, 04:04
All,

Thanks for the input.........this helps clarify a few more issues at my location that are associated with Mr. Grigsby's name. It really doesn't surprise me to see that he has landed another executive position (Red Cheetah) particularly, when he was appointed an executive position through HQ IMCOM for the position he held as the installation GM here. I seriously doubt that anyone at his current company have looked any further than a conversation with him.

It's a sad situation when a coin check and brief conversation between individuals can no longer confirm membership in the brotherhood! I guess I need to retain a personal PI just for my own peace of mind!

Attached is the open source bio he used to background check himself to the installation here when assumed the GM position. Apparently, he left here with more than just a few lies dogging his backtrail...........these folks are pissed and are actively seeking retribution from a legal and personal standpoint! Including his ex-wife at HQ IMCOM.

I'm not sure if anything in the bio will help........but if he is a poser/fraud and there is anything I can do to hel "Slay a Dragon" I'm in!!!!!!

Respectfully to all!

Granted I was nowhere near the US Embassy in 2006... But had about 8 months of working with ISOF SOF..... never heard of or saw Chris (a known entity to me) during that timeframe.

Team Sergeant
10-16-2012, 08:59
All,

Respectfully to all!

I checked with the Special Forces Association, Chris Grigsby is an "Associate" member of the SFA. For everyone else reading this that means he is not a "general member". General members are Special Forces qualified, associate members are not.

mark46th
10-16-2012, 09:52
What is a "Life Member of the First Special Forces Regiment"?

Richard
10-16-2012, 10:29

COL Aaron Bank

medic&commo
10-16-2012, 17:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th

Richard - "COL Aaron Bank"

The definitive answer. Thanks Richard
m&c

Stras
10-16-2012, 22:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th

Richard - "COL Aaron Bank"

The definitive answer. Thanks Richard
m&c

Life Member # 0001

mark46th
10-17-2012, 08:10
I met Col Bank. Chris Grigsby is no Col Aaron Bank.

1stindoor
10-17-2012, 09:21
I met Col Bank. Chris Grigsby is no Col Aaron Bank.

So did I...he was our guest speaker at my graduation.

irishj
02-18-2013, 05:09
Hey guys, you may think you know Chris Grigsby - from this string, you obviously don't. He's no poser - has never stated that he was an SF Soldier - and wasn't. Confusion is easy - perhaps too easy but here's the deal - he has, and did, more for SOF than you probably know or have or had access to - every Group, the SMUs, the Joint and Combined guys, some folks that don't have ORG charts. I read his LOM when he retired - amazing actually - given to him from GEN Cleveland when CC was at 10th SFG. Chris worked for Cleveland as his 4, worked for Haas at JRTC-SOTD as the 4 and an OC, for Eldon Bargewell as his 1SG during Kosovo at the SOC, many others going way back (way back) - why not just ask them - they know he was a 92, the Army says he was a 92 - quite an interesting 92 Series actually with about a decade on the DASR as well - all in all about 18 of 23 in SOF supporting the boys from team level to the basement of the Pentagon at MOSO-ODC and every Theater AOR. The majority of the Component and Joint Leadership ten years ago and the most senior leadership now of "our world" would affirm his 92 series. Talk and surmise and disparage all you want, he's done pretty well since he retired and is accustomed to accepting the mud slinging as he continued to serve. Perhaps a little current fact would be good as well; Chris hired Orville at Red Cheetah when Orville retired last March. Here's a flash - why not pick up the phone and ask Chris was he a 92? I suspect he will affirm.

The BLUF here is that SOF Forces are more than those of us that went to the Q-Course. And although I would never back a person claiming to be a Team guy - Chris was there in a support role and as you know pre-911 that meant just as much then as it does now- Have folks with the "S" identifier not been killed in action while working with "Real SOF" dudes - look it up....you will find it is so.

As far as Chris Grigsby goes we was in SOF units....he supported those units and ergo is a member of the Brotherhood (by proxy). This is why he was allowed to join the SF Association as an associate member.

As far as LTC Gardner goes - The man was an SF Team Leader and served SOF most of his career. We all know officers have functional areas but the dude retired with "Crossed Arrow's) on his uniform and that should be enough for all of to call him a Brother in Arms.

Enough is enough - lets move on from this guy and go after the idiots wearing the SF Crest, Green Beret, Ranger Tab, and a Combat Diver on their uniforms and put them out there as the real posers - we have had guys in our own ranks wear the Ranger Tab, Dive Badge, HALO Badge and all sorts of medals they didn't earn - those are the true "posers".

SF_BHT
02-18-2013, 06:09
Hey guys, you may think you know Chris Grigsby - from this string, you obviously don't. He's no poser - has never stated that he was an SF Soldier - and wasn't. Confusion is easy - perhaps too easy but here's the deal - he has, and did, more for SOF than you probably know or have or had access to - every Group, the SMUs, the Joint and Combined guys, some folks that don't have ORG charts. I read his LOM when he retired - amazing actually - given to him from GEN Cleveland when CC was at 10th SFG. Chris worked for Cleveland as his 4, worked for Haas at JRTC-SOTD as the 4 and an OC, for Eldon Bargewell as his 1SG during Kosovo at the SOC, many others going way back (way back) - why not just ask them - they know he was a 92, the Army says he was a 92 - quite an interesting 92 Series actually with about a decade on the DASR as well - all in all about 18 of 23 in SOF supporting the boys from team level to the basement of the Pentagon at MOSO-ODC and every Theater AOR. The majority of the Component and Joint Leadership ten years ago and the most senior leadership now of "our world" would affirm his 92 series. Talk and surmise and disparage all you want, he's done pretty well since he retired and is accustomed to accepting the mud slinging as he continued to serve. Perhaps a little current fact would be good as well; Chris hired Orville at Red Cheetah when Orville retired last March. Here's a flash - why not pick up the phone and ask Chris was he a 92? I suspect he will affirm.

The BLUF here is that SOF Forces are more than those of us that went to the Q-Course. And although I would never back a person claiming to be a Team guy - Chris was there in a support role and as you know pre-911 that meant just as much then as it does now- Have folks with the "S" identifier not been killed in action while working with "Real SOF" dudes - look it up....you will find it is so.

As far as Chris Grigsby goes we was in SOF units....he supported those units and ergo is a member of the Brotherhood (by proxy). This is why he was allowed to join the SF Association as an associate member.

As far as LTC Gardner goes - The man was an SF Team Leader and served SOF most of his career. We all know officers have functional areas but the dude retired with "Crossed Arrow's) on his uniform and that should be enough for all of to call him a Brother in Arms.

Enough is enough - lets move on from this guy and go after the idiots wearing the SF Crest, Green Beret, Ranger Tab, and a Combat Diver on their uniforms and put them out there as the real posers - we have had guys in our own ranks wear the Ranger Tab, Dive Badge, HALO Badge and all sorts of medals they didn't earn - those are the true "posers".

Irishj

This board has rules and you have not followed them. Fill in your profile and do an intro. This is not an option. Your first post Is supposed to be your intro.

I have no idea who you are and evidently a thread touched a nerve. I take it was about Chris Grigsby. A question was raised if he was SF. The point was debated by people from units he was in. This question was brought up due to some Bio post and some of those items have been taken down that brought up this question. People who served with him clarified that he was only a Supply guy not a SF soldier.

I take it by your rambling "grammar challenged " post that you took offense to our debate. If you comply with our rules, I am sure QP's here will be glad to discuss your issues in a professional manner.

Pete
02-18-2013, 06:45
..........The BLUF here is that SOF Forces are more than those of us that went to the Q-Course. ...............

The BLUF here is that we know the difference between SOF and SF.

If you would spend some time reading all the posts here you would know that.

Comply with the board rules.

Team Sergeant
02-18-2013, 09:11
Chris Grigsby was a Supply Sergeant

Again and just for you Irishj, more than one real Special Forces soldier has asked if Christopher Calvin Grigsby was a former Special Forces soldier and we answered, "NO". Those same SF soldiers said that Christopher Calvin Grigsby was attempting to pass himself off as a Special Forces soldier and not the "Supply Sergeant" that he really was.

And you are correct that anyone in SOF would be considered SOF personnel, but there's no "fine line" between a SOF supply sergeant and a Special Forces soldier. One hands out paper and pens from the safety of the rear echelon , the other meets the enemy on his own turf and fights to the death.

As far as brotherhoods go, Chris Grigsby is a member of the "Supply Sergeant" Brotherhood.

The Special Forces "Brotherhood" was forged in blood and combat, two things SOF supply sergeants usually never witness.

Team Sergeant
02-23-2013, 11:00

http://redcheetah.com/about-us/our-team/chris-grigsby

You should give him a call to say "hey"...(512) 681-4589

What's the first thing most Special Forces frauds do when exposed?

They delete their online bio........ :munchin

BKKMAN
02-23-2013, 12:02
What's the first thing most Special Forces frauds do when exposed?

They delete their online bio........ :munchin

No worries...the Internet Wayback Machine is FOREVER...

Wayback WRX (http://web.archive.org/web/20120615000000*/http://redcheetah.com/about-us/our-team/chris-grigsby)