PDA

View Full Version : Teaching is not a real job!

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 13:42
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136083,00.html
Mrs. Kerry Remarks on First Lady

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Guy
10-20-2004, 13:50
A Professional Soldier according to some folks. ;)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-20-2004, 13:55
Damn doesn't this just tick me off. My daughter is a music teacher in NJ, teaches in three different schools, gets paid diddly squat and has to deal with idiots in the administration that think music teachers aren't really educators either. Fortunately she has obtained a hard streak that allows her to confront those folks like ketchup butt. She does have a serious handicap however and that is because she drives a small car she has a problem with the wheel barrow she needs to carry her tesitcals around.

Got to end this, fire alarm is going off. Wonder how I am going to get this damn wheelchair down the stairs seeing as how they shut down the elevators.

Jack Moroney

Airbornelawyer
10-20-2004, 14:01
She wasn't insulting teaching. My guess is she had no idea Mrs. Bush was a teacher and librarian. She was insulting stay-at-home mothers as not having a real job.

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 14:05
She wasn't insulting teaching. My guess is she had no idea Mrs. Bush was a teacher and librarian. She was insulting stay-at-home mothers as not having a real job.
Too easy counselor. She should do her research before taking on the First Lady - I know I would. Its not like she can't afford a research assistant. If she can not afford one, one will be appointed for her at government cost as part of her husband's campaign.

Since when is inheriting billions from a dead husband a real job?

No sir, objection overruled.

Guy
10-20-2004, 14:08

I'm at home and will never finish the tasks given to me. OCONUS here I come again! :o

The Reaper
10-20-2004, 14:17
Got to end this, fire alarm is going off. Wonder how I am going to get this damn wheelchair down the stairs seeing as how they shut down the elevators.

Jack Moroney

Well now, if John Kerry was President, you would just get up and walk, like Christopher Reeve! :D

Just ask John Edwards.

BTW, has everyone here seen the tape of him primping, doing his hair, and checking himself with a compact?

TR

Sacamuelas
10-20-2004, 14:29
BTW, has everyone here seen the tape of him primping, doing his hair, and checking himself with a compact?
TR
LOL... yes I brought my entire staff in my office to watch it yesterday.

THEN later that day, I got a copy of "Political Activity for Federal employees" handed to me by my installation commander that I had to sign for upon receipt. :eek:

... let me find out who the lib is in my ranks ;) LOL

Roycroft201
10-20-2004, 14:52
She should do her research before taking on the First Lady - I know I would. Its not like she can't afford a research assistant

Actually, if she had just read a newspaper to keep abreast of current events, she would have known the background information she needed for this question. She does not have even the most rudimentary knowledge about our First Lady, and yet this is a position she would fill if her husband were to win the election (god help us all) ?

No, NDD, she doesn't need a research assistant. She needs a TEACHER . Obviously, she doesn't know how to READ !

RC201

The Reaper
10-20-2004, 15:42
Actually, if she had just read a newspaper to keep abreast of current events, she would have known the background information she needed for this question. She does not have even the most rudimentary knowledge about our First Lady, and yet this is a position she would fill if her husband were to win the election (god help us all) ?

No, NDD, she doesn't need a research assistant. She needs a TEACHER . Obviously, she doesn't know how to READ !

RC201

Well, I find it pretty hard to believe that either teREza H-K or Ms. Edwards have done much to help their husbands get elected.

If anything, it appears to me that their ignorant, uninformed, and flat out arrogant comments have hurt their spouses chances considerably.

TR

QRQ 30
10-20-2004, 15:44
Since when is inheriting billions from a dead husband a real job?

I would recken that depends upon how he died! :D :D

The Reaper
10-20-2004, 15:55
I would recken that depends upon how he died! :D :D

Plane crash.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, she and her future husband were not with him at the time.

TR

BMT (RIP)
10-20-2004, 16:08
Mrs. Kerry Apologizes for Saying Mrs. Bush Never Had a 'Real Job'

(CNSNews.com) - Teresa Heinz Kerry said Wednesday she misspoke by saying she didn't know if First Lady Laura Bush ever had a "real job." Heinz Kerry's comments were made in an interview with the USA Today on Wednesday when she was asked if she would be different from Mrs. Bush. "Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said in the interview. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job - I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things," she added. But in a later statement released Wednesday, Heinz Kerry said she "forgot" that Mrs. Bush had been a librarian and school teacher. "I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children," Heinz Kerry said. "As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 16:14
Mrs. Kerry Apologizes for Saying Mrs. Bush Never Had a 'Real Job'

Well hell, that changes everything.

The Reaper
10-20-2004, 16:18
Well hell, that changes everything.

How about if someone (Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Cheney have too much class) says that Ms. H-K never had a job either, other than marrying into money.

If they then apologized, would that be okay?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2004, 16:25
I think roycroft has issues with Terayza's statements. LOL

Bravo1-3
10-20-2004, 16:50
You would think that the wife of a Senator who is aspiring to be President and thusmake her the First Lady, would know just a little bit about her "competition".

I mean, I realize that it's OK for liberals to make stuff up as they go along (isn't reality socially constructed?), but you would think that she would know that Laura Bush... one of the most well liked and respected women in the country... was a teacher. I'm not sure you could ask 100 people who consider themselves informed and get more than 5 people to get that single fact wrong.

I'd accept getting her age wrong, her maiden name wrong, or even anything Mrs. Bush has said in the last 3 years... but NOT KNOWING SHE WAS A TEACHER?

Even my eight year old knows she was a teacher. If she is THAT detached, AND that is accetable to Kerry and his campaign staff, then we are fucked if Kerry wins.

Goggles Pizano
10-20-2004, 18:33
This is sincerity?

I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children," Heinz Kerry said. "As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

You mean your sincerely sorry your mouth got your ass in trouble again! First Mary Cheney and now this. Any other family members we can lob mud toward before Nov 2? Sheesh!

Gypsy
10-20-2004, 18:34
You would think that the wife of a Senator who is aspiring to be President and thusmake her the First Lady, would know just a little bit about her "competition".

Hell you'd think she'd know a little something about class. The woman needs to take some of her money and buy a clue.

Para
10-20-2004, 19:10
Well, I find it pretty hard to believe that either teREza H-K or Ms. Edwards have done much to help their husbands get elected.

If anything, it appears to me that their ignorant, uninformed, and flat out arrogant comments have hurt their spouses chances considerably.

TR
and yet these are the people who claim they are the ones who can unity the world in our cause. My question is how can they even think that is possible when they have their heads buried up their ass all the time?

Bill Harsey
10-21-2004, 08:04
This was the lead item on ABC morning news just now, This is funny! I can't believe the depths of ignorance on display by the good senator Kerry's wife. If it wasn't for money TuuRaySuh could be confused with white trash. Wait! having money isn't a disqualification is it?

The Reaper
10-21-2004, 08:53
This was the lead item on ABC morning news just now, This is funny! I can't believe the depths of ignorance on display by the good senator Kerry's wife. If it wasn't for money TuuRaySuh could be confused with white trash. Wait! having money isn't a disqualification is it?

It isn't money she earned, she backed into Senator Heinz' fortune.

If she weren't so unattractive, I would make a bad Anna Nicole reference here, but good manners preclude it.

This from a woman who lists her occupation on her 1040 as "Philanthropist". :rolleyes:

TR

Doc
10-21-2004, 15:32
I hope that Teh-RE-Za speaks her mind more often in the next few days before the election.

Doc

QRQ 30
10-21-2004, 15:45
I hope that Teh-RE-Za speaks her mind more often in the next few days before the election.

Doc

Amen to that. She hurts Kerry more than Kerry. The stay at home moms aren't too happy.
:D :munchin

Bravo1-3
10-21-2004, 15:51
From BravoNews.net Campaign Coverge Section:

10/21/04
Teh-reh-za Hienz Kerry made an appearance at a campaign rally for her husband, Democratic Presidential Candidate John Kerry today. As she approached the microphone to address the assemble crowd and media, she was immediately shot with a tazer, gagged with 100mph tape, and dragged off stage by Secret Service Agents shouting "AOP! AOP!"

A spokeperson for the Kerry Campaign issued the following statement:

"This incident is just another example of the GOP Smear Machine in action. We're dissappointed that the Bush Cheney Campaign would stoop to having Teh-reh-za address the media!"