PDA

View Full Version : A Little Concerned

miclo18d
09-28-2012, 07:09
Has Former General and CinC CENTCOM/CTF_A Commander/Current Dir of the CIA gotten lost in the mire of politics?

U.S. intelligence officials knew within 24 hours of the assault on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that it was a terrorist attack and suspected Al Qaeda-tied elements were involved, sources told Fox News -- though it took the administration a week to acknowledge it.

The account sharply conflicts with claims on the Sunday after the attack by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice that the administration believed the strike was a "spontaneous" event triggered by protests in Egypt over an anti-Islam film.

Intelligence sources said that the Obama administration internally labeled the attack terrorism from the first day in order to unlock and mobilize certain resources to respond, and that officials were looking for one specific suspect. The sources said the intelligence community knew by Sept. 12 that the militant Ansar al-Shariah and Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb were likely behind the strike.

Further, an official said, "No one ... believed that the mortars, indirect and direct fire, and the RPGs were just the work of a mob -- no one."

Yet a congressional source told Fox News that CIA Director David Petraeus, during a briefing with members of the House Intelligence Committee three days after the attack, espoused the view that Benghazi was an out-of-control demonstration prompted by the YouTube video. According to the source, this was "shocking" to some members who were present and saw the same intelligence pointing toward a terrorist attack.

Badger52
09-28-2012, 10:28
Has Former General and CinC CENTCOM/CTF_A Commander/Current Dir of the CIA gotten lost in the mire of politics?Coming within a few days of the terrorist attacks and his boss publicly espousing the false-flag maybe he didn't want to queer his chances at Life After Langley (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/us/politics/petraeus-is-eyeing-princetons-top-job-paper-says.html?_r=0).
:rolleyes:

Eagle5US
09-28-2012, 10:41
Even Petreaus has to follow order to lie when they come from above him.

I am in the middle of ILE, and recently watched film / interview of his take on Military Political relations and how Mil Officers are obligated to be "apolitical". He believes this to the point that he espoused that he has not voted in a presidential election since he was a field grade officer.

I was tremendously disappointed in his revelation and his point of view - as it places him squarely as a lemming (follower)...though one with strategic vision.

I have no doubt that he knew otherwise...and am even MORE confident that he was directed to lie lest he go the way of Stan McChrystal.

ChuckG
09-28-2012, 10:57
"Yet a congressional source told Fox News that CIA Director David Petraeus, during a briefing with members of the House Intelligence Committee three days after the attack, espoused the view that Benghazi was an out-of-control demonstration prompted by the YouTube video. According to the source, this was "shocking" to some members who were present and saw the same intelligence pointing toward a terrorist attack."

I've known Dave since 1977. He was a 1LT in the 1/509th when I was a CPT. This statement, if true, does not surprise me. He will and always has, done what he is told. Duty, Honor, Country became just a slogan when he left West Point.

Oldrotorhead
09-28-2012, 14:49
My opinion is that Military Officers should either tell the truth or make no public statements. The Director of the CIA is a civilian and half his job is to lie.

miclo18d
10-01-2012, 05:00
My opinion is that Military Officers should either tell the truth or make no public statements. The Director of the CIA is a civilian and half his job is to lie.
I would agree for the most part (if you are talking to the news) but when you go before congress you are usually put under oath depending on what is being talked about. By talking to MY representative, he is talking to me a fellow soldier and a tax payer.

I expect the truth.