PDA

View Full Version : Nuevo Laredo Threat Assessment?

crash
09-20-2012, 09:11
I'm part of a group that is going to be working on a Threat Assessment and action plan for Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. I'm personally not very familiar with the area or Mexico in general, I'm not trying to take any one else's work and pass it off as our own but if anyone has some good Intel or experiences to share, or any good resources I would certainly appreciate it.

Specifically I'll be working on the medical section if anyone has any location specific information on medical facilities or any things to be mindful of bad water, places to avoid eating things like that.

I'll be lurking around here to reading anything I can find for the area.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Reiko

*** This is a training exercise not a real world mission***

sinjefe
09-20-2012, 09:37
What's my commission?

crash
09-20-2012, 09:44
Depends what you have, and what you want for it, we can provide some compensation, beer money or whatever...

sinjefe
09-20-2012, 11:36
Sorry, forgot to put a smiley face after. ;)

mark46th
09-20-2012, 19:20
I'll go! I speak Spanish and can cook...

The Reaper
09-21-2012, 16:35
If done at all, this needs to be from with open source material, unless you have a SIPR account you want it sent to.

Keep it unclass here.

TR

Davila
11-05-2012, 19:18
Hey I just lived in Mexico from Dec to May of this year here is some intel that could probably help you out.

If you see one or multiple males wearing nothing but Ed Hardy clothing, stay away and avoid them, they are likely cartel scouts
Never drink tap water, buy the big jugs of water it is the best value
If you go out and enjoy the night life, don't mention your affiliation with the US government and avoid guys who are surrounded by women way out of their league
Keep an eye for males wearing rosarie bracelets, it is a cartel identifier
Street tacos are the best, but not matter what you eat prepare to have the shits for several days on your first or second week, after that you will be good to go
If you ever get pulled over by local police, it is customary in Mexico for you to get out of your car to greet them at the halfway point between the two vehicles.
On occasion you may see random cones on the road with police vehicles off to the side, these are called "Retenes" and are sort of like DUI checkpoints but they are looking for drugs, be sure to cooperate if you get motioned over

That is all I could think of, stay safe, keep your eyes open and your SA on full blast and you should be good to go.