PDA

View Full Version : Group warns of 'bleak' military voter participation despite Pentagon efforts

alelks
09-06-2012, 20:16
WOW! This is really surprising. Only 1.7% in NC?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/06/group-warns-bleak-military-voter-participation-despite-pentagon-efforts/

Snaquebite
09-06-2012, 20:22
Not to me....Dims have been trying to shut down the military vote for years...by making absentee ballots more difficult.

MtnGoat
09-06-2012, 20:31
I personally hate absentee ballots for anyone overseas. The ones from military, DoS, FBI, and ant Government employee had be counted in my mind. All states don't count their absentee ballots unless its within a parentage for that state. It would support both parties. I hate I'm deployed thus election, just like last. North Carolina its one off those key states too.

The Reaper
09-06-2012, 20:36
Don't self-select.

Request and complete the absentee ballot properly and make them cheat to throw it out.

You never know. It could be the one that makes all the difference.

TR

afchic
09-07-2012, 05:45
I filed for my absentee ballot from IL about 6 weeks ago. If I don't get it in the mail at least 2 weeks before the election, I am prepared to take some leave to drive home to vote in person.

I know that voting R in IL is a waste of time (intellectually speaking) but damnit it is my right, and I am doing it anyway. Hoping to imprint on my daughter the importance of casting your vote, no matter what.

Pete
09-07-2012, 06:45
The words.....

".....Pentagon officials who are in charge of military voting insist that the law is being carried out and that they are doing everything they can to get the word out to vote.

"Voting assistance for our absentee military and overseas citizen voters has never been better," touts Pam Mitchell, the acting director of the Department of Defense's Federal Voting Assistance Program............."

Do not match the deed......

Pentagon Report: Obama Admin Fails to Set Up Voting Offices on Bases

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...Voting-Offices

"The Pentagon’s Inspector General discovered nearly half of U.S. military bases abroad lack offices where troops can register to vote or apply for absentee ballots.

The Pentagon’s report notes the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act, which President Barack Obama signed into law in 2009, requires an installation voting assistance office (IVAO) on every military base that is not in a war zone. The Pentagon attempted to contact the offices at 229 military bases, but could only reach 114 IVAOs........................"

As long as we're talking about the Military vote here is a story that makes a person go Hmmmmm??. There is a link to the report. In the report could be some good one liners along the lines of Hey, it costs money to set them up - and eh, young troops wouldn't use them anyway.

Every vote is important? To some I guess not.

Young troops, it's up to you and time is getting short.

Badger52
09-07-2012, 10:10
Every vote is important? To some I guess not.

Young troops, it's up to you and time is getting short.Daughter still keeps our address (and we keep her teenager bedroom) as her HOR, has since she enlisted 15 yrs ago. She keeps the nice lady city clerk updated as to her actual mailing address. Korea, Germany, and 10yrs in/out of Afghanistan she's never not voted in any election, big or small.

Cross-section of humanity. Some will wait for others to do for them, with varying results. Others simply do.