PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Official: The Balance of Military Power Will Change

Pete
09-01-2012, 03:12
Egyptian Official: The Balance of Military Power Will Change

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/159498#.UEHQrUS7HJw

"A senior Egyptian security official said on Thursday that the balance of military power in the Middle East will change significantly in the near future, following a visit by President Mohammed Morsi in China this week.

The official, who spoke to the Arab website Al-Moheet, said that during his visit to China, Morsi signed a series of security agreements which will produce a new military reality in the Middle East. The comments were translated by Arab affairs expert Dalit Halevi.

“Wait and see the Eagles of Egypt in their new clothing,” the official warned Egypt’s neighboring countries. “They will be protected by missiles which will hit our enemies, even if they are a thousand miles away.” .............."

Gee, maybe this means we can stop with all the money we're sending their way?

Box
09-01-2012, 04:52
Wow, I never expected anything but a peaceful resolution to the arab spring...
...and now this article is talking aboout the Egyptian getting cosy with china and making threats of missles flying thousands of miles to hit those evil people that try to opress the peace lvong egyptians?

Eagles with new clothes on...
...how silly is that.

Inflexible Six
09-01-2012, 14:09
So, the Egyptians bypassed Walmart and went directly to the source of cheap crap and now think they are bad.

longrange1947
09-01-2012, 14:52
They were fully supported by Russian "newest thingys" and still got their asses handed to them last time. The Chinese crap is better???? :munchin

sabasarge
09-01-2012, 15:38
They were fully supported by Russian "newest thingys" and still got their asses handed to them last time. The Chinese crap is better???? :munchin

I try never to get too cocky with regards my enemies, but no matter how high-tech their gadgets, their heads are still stuck in the 7th century.
Having said that, our 2006 experiences in Lebanon prove that, with Persian help, Hezbollah has morphed into a respectable fighting force....... so again, in our situation there's no room and no excuse for overconfidence.