PDA

View Full Version : Gunmen attack U.S. diplomatic vehicle in Mexico

BMT (RIP)
08-24-2012, 14:14
The U.S. State Department said it was aware of the reports, but had no immediate comment.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/24/world/americas/mexico-shooting-us-marines/index.html

Time for the Red Diesel to get her lard ass SOB!!!

BMT

sinjefe
08-24-2012, 14:25
And this version of events from reuters 45 minutes ago:

"Two U.S. police instructors were accidentally shot and wounded by Mexican police early on Friday after being mistaken for criminals, a Mexican government security official said."

http://news.yahoo.com/two-u-police-wounded-shooting-mexico-official-194004185.html

Richard
08-29-2012, 12:36
And the thot plickens...

Americans Shot in Mexico Were C.I.A. Operatives Aiding in Drug War
NYT, 28 aUG 2012

The two Americans who were wounded when gunmen fired on an American Embassy vehicle last week were Central Intelligence Agency employees sent as part of a multiagency effort to bolster Mexican efforts to fight drug traffickers, officials said on Tuesday.

The two operatives, who were hurt on Friday, were participating in a training program that involved the Mexican Navy. They were traveling with a Mexican Navy captain in an embassy sport utility vehicle that had diplomatic license plates, heading toward a military shooting range 35 miles south of the capital when gunmen, some or all of them from the Federal Police, attacked the vehicle, Mexican officials have said.

The Mexican Navy said Tuesday in a statement that an American was driving the vehicle and that during the attack the captain, who was handling logistics and translating for the men, remained in the back seat calling for help on his cellphone.

The men were wounded, the Navy said, when the rain of bullets managed to tear through the car’s protective armor. It was unclear if the Americans, who officials said were unarmed, were specifically targeted, if the shooting was a case of mistaken identity or if there was some other reason that the vehicle was ambushed. Mexican prosecutors have detained 12 federal police officers and have said no theory can be ruled out.

The C.I.A. declined to comment. But American officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release information, said no evidence had emerged so far that the Americans were targeted because of their affiliation.

(Cont'd) http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/world/americas/americans-shot-in-mexico-were-cia-operatives.html?_r=1

Richard :munchin

Team Sergeant
08-29-2012, 13:19
Five bucks says the "C.I.A. Operatives" had to clean their shorts afterwards......

At least if the CIA is doing the training we know no one will get hurt.;)

SF_BHT
08-29-2012, 13:21
They should go and find the person who gave out info. I hate leakers. Next thing the leaker will write a book.

. The C.I.A. declined to comment. But American officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release information, said no evidence had emerged so far that the Americans were targeted because of their affiliation.

Basenshukai
08-29-2012, 14:47
And the thot plickens...

Americans Shot in Mexico Were C.I.A. Operatives Aiding in Drug War
NYT, 28 aUG 2012

The two Americans who were wounded when gunmen fired on an American Embassy vehicle last week were Central Intelligence Agency employees sent as part of a multiagency effort to bolster Mexican efforts to fight drug traffickers, officials said on Tuesday.

The two operatives, who were hurt on Friday, were participating in a training program that involved the Mexican Navy. They were traveling with a Mexican Navy captain in an embassy sport utility vehicle that had diplomatic license plates, heading toward a military shooting range 35 miles south of the capital when gunmen, some or all of them from the Federal Police, attacked the vehicle, Mexican officials have said.

The Mexican Navy said Tuesday in a statement that an American was driving the vehicle and that during the attack the captain, who was handling logistics and translating for the men, remained in the back seat calling for help on his cellphone.

The men were wounded, the Navy said, when the rain of bullets managed to tear through the car’s protective armor. It was unclear if the Americans, who officials said were unarmed, were specifically targeted, if the shooting was a case of mistaken identity or if there was some other reason that the vehicle was ambushed. Mexican prosecutors have detained 12 federal police officers and have said no theory can be ruled out.

The C.I.A. declined to comment. But American officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release information, said no evidence had emerged so far that the Americans were targeted because of their affiliation.

(Cont'd) http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/world/americas/americans-shot-in-mexico-were-cia-operatives.html?_r=1

Richard :munchin

Put this together with previous news articles of that same area and a picture of what "effort" was involved results. Overall, we divulge way too much to the media.

mojaveman
08-29-2012, 17:42
The shots were fired from a Mexican Federal Police vehicle? Could this be a disguised Cartel job? Could it be that the Federal Police were paid a lot of money to do this by somebody else? I'd hate to have to work in Mexico and not be able to trust anyone.

hooah12
08-30-2012, 20:32
This story just keeps getting better and better