View Full Version : Fatback's BBQ & Rib Shack
Roguish Lawyer
08-20-2012, 08:12
Anyone tried this place in Fayetteville? Just saw the guy on TV, looks like it's worth a try . . .
Snaquebite
08-20-2012, 10:13
Saw them on BBQ Pitmasters...had not heard of them before...Planning to try them out when I'm on that side of town during lunch...Tue-Sat Limited hours.
http://www.fatbacksribshack.com/
I'll have to check that out the next time I make the trip to Fayetteville.
Roguish Lawyer
08-20-2012, 13:53
Saw them on BBQ Pitmasters...[/url]
That's where I saw it. Looking forward to your review . . .
mark46th
08-20-2012, 14:01
R.L.- Are you going to be at the CH 78 Shoot? If you are, I will be there and I will be making some fine-ass Barbeque...
69harley
08-20-2012, 14:40
Fatback is/was a firefighter in Fayetteville and did the BBQ on the side (Or maybe it was his brother that was a firefighter). Used to be setup in the parking lot of the autoparts store in Ownen Drive & Camden on weekends. His food is terrific. The ribs, while not following the Team Sergeant's recipe, are still very good. He puts pineapple in his beans. Just thinking about it is making me hungry.
Sounds like a winner then.
The Reaper
08-20-2012, 20:40
BBQ in Fayetteville used to be a bad joke.
The heart of BBQ country here in the Carolinas, and you couldn't get a decent BBQ sandwich, Brunswick Stew, or hush puppy to save your life.
Now there are several good places. RL, if you get to town, let me know and I will see if I can get you to an excellent one out our way.
Saturdays are best, they have ribs if you call ahead and reserve them.
TR
Snaquebite
08-20-2012, 21:09
Fatback is/was a firefighter in Fayetteville and did the BBQ on the side (Or maybe it was his brother that was a firefighter). Used to be setup in the parking lot of the autoparts store in Ownen Drive & Camden on weekends. His food is terrific. The ribs, while not following the Team Sergeant's recipe, are still very good. He puts pineapple in his beans. Just thinking about it is making me hungry.
Pineapple in beans? Nuthin southern or authentic about that....Hmmm. makes me wonder about is BBQ sauce.....
As far as I know he has open up yet. Been happening but not yet. Restaurant is on Hope Mills Rd and George Owens.
I'll Post a review;when he has his BBQ Trailer out and about town I'll say it is good. Wife doesn't like the beans either. BBQ is more sweet then typically Carolina BBQ style. Good tho.
Roguish Lawyer
08-21-2012, 07:48
R.L.- Are you going to be at the CH 78 Shoot? If you are, I will be there and I will be making some fine-ass Barbeque...
It is on my calendar, but there is a chance I may have to miss it or at least leave early because I have a kid-related conflict that has popped up on the same day. I'll look forward to meeting you assuming I can be there!
Roguish Lawyer
08-21-2012, 07:50
RL, if you get to town, let me know and I will see if I can get you to an excellent one out our way.
Twist my arm!
ZonieDiver
08-21-2012, 08:00
Pineapple in beans? Nuthin southern or authentic about that....Hmmm. makes me wonder about is BBQ sauce.....
It's all the rage in southern Maui!:D
I thought the name looked familiar, I've been driving up and down Hope Mills Road a lot lately... sign out by the road. I'll have to stop... there's a new "hole in the wall" Mexican restaurant in a strip mall not too far from there.