PDA

View Full Version : FLPP

mjbwarrior
08-19-2012, 08:33
As a 35P, Arabic is what I learned at DLI, I am a 2+/2+ right now and curious about this. FLPP for SF vs. Linguists. Does SF get more? 2+/2+ in MSA gets me $300 monthly in FLPP. Just curious thats all. Tentative selection class date is end of October. SF Recuiter here at HAAF is filling my head with all kinds of things that I cant seem to verify.

Of course I need to pass A&S and get selected so I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse here but curios about the language training since I am already 2+/2+ in MSA (Modern Standard Arabic), 1+/2 in Spanish and 1+/2+ in Iraqi, unfortunately only my MSA score gets me FLPP right now. 2/2 is the min required to get FLPP as a 35P. Can the language training be skipped if one is already qualified?

Thanks

hotshot
08-19-2012, 11:40
Nothing is concrete, but a current trend going around is to get qualified language speakers a second/third language. Most times it is an additional language in your AOR, but not always.

I have a Korean American CPT that speaks Korean (3/3) and was given MSA and 5th GRP. Don't ask me why but its just the way things happen sometimes.

Now to your first Question. SF doesn't get paid "more" for the same language rating. I recommend that you review AR 11-6 Army Foreign Language Program. You can, however, earn language pay up to $1000 per month, but only in languages that are spoken in your AOR (From my understanding of the policy).

Lastly, IF you make it through SFAS then you can figure out whether or not you will be required to study another language, OR move ahead to the next phase of training. Don't expect everything to be perfectly gift wrapped for you. It may be a year or more before you even come to the Course and things typically change in that time based on requirements of the SF Regiment.

Good luck,

CH

hakuda
08-20-2012, 17:13
For FLPP regarding multiple languages, you can be paid for multiple lagnuages as long as they are in different payment lists. There are 3. A, B, and C. The AR will tell you which is in each list.

I'm not sure about the 35 series MOS, but for 18 series they, can be paid for a 1/1 at $100 per month. I'm not certain if it will last given the budget crunch, but it has been in effect for a while now.

As for the question of skipping a language portion of training I digress to those with more knowledge.

Pirateking
08-21-2012, 20:24
As a 35P, Arabic is what I learned at DLI, I am a 2+/2+ right now and curious about this. FLPP for SF vs. Linguists. Does SF get more? 2+/2+ in MSA gets me $300 monthly in FLPP. Just curious thats all. Tentative selection class date is end of October. SF Recuiter here at HAAF is filling my head with all kinds of things that I cant seem to verify.

Of course I need to pass A&S and get selected so I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse here but curios about the language training since I am already 2+/2+ in MSA (Modern Standard Arabic), 1+/2 in Spanish and 1+/2+ in Iraqi, unfortunately only my MSA score gets me FLPP right now. 2/2 is the min required to get FLPP as a 35P. Can the language training be skipped if one is already qualified?

Thanks

You can find a lot of these answers in AR 11-6.
You don't get more per language just being an 18 series. 6-4 (c) The amount of FLPB may not exceed $400 per month for a single language, and $1,000 per month for a combination of languages.

6-4 (6) The FLPB payment level (see table 6–2) is determined by proficiency ratings (see table 6–2) and language payment list (see table 6–3).

So I'd check out the payment chart if you wanted to get some more information. You can't get FLPB for Spanish unless you remain a 35P and change your command language to Spanish.

In response to Hotshot, FLPB is paid to any language that you speak, though different dialects sometime don't double up.

And Hakuda, langauges don't have to be on different payment lists. The different lists of A,B, and C just change the quanity of FPLB.

Now for skipping language, who would want to. Take whatever you get and max your FLPB.

Team Sergeant
08-21-2012, 20:27
Pirateking, before one of the SF types gives you an internet asschewing I would suggest you re-read the rules paying attention to rule three. Team Sergeant

You don't get more per language just being an 18 series. 6-4 (c) The amount of FLPB may not exceed $400 per month for a single language, and $1,000 per month for a combination of languages.

6-4 (6) The FLPB payment level (see table 6–2) is determined by proficiency ratings (see table 6–2) and language payment list (see table 6–3).

So I'd check out the payment chart if you wanted to get some more information. You can't get FLPB for Spanish unless you remain a 35P and change your command language to Spanish.

In response to Hotshot, FLPB is paid to any language that you speak, though different dialects sometime don't double up.

And Hakuda, langauges don't have to be on different payment lists. The different lists of A,B, and C just change the quanity of FPLB.

Now for skipping language, who would want to. Take whatever you get and max your FLPB.

Richard
08-21-2012, 20:47

Did you bother to read Post #2 prior to jumping into the discussion? You should have.

Richard :munchin

hakuda
08-22-2012, 18:17
Forgive my lack of proof reading. Insert the word "the" between "in" and "different". There is also supposedly no payment list C anymore. I believe some of the languages have migrated to the B list. That's per ALARACT 207/2011 DTD 27 MAY 2011.