PDA

View Full Version : O4 to E4

purpledog70
08-19-2012, 04:41
Quick question:

Did any of you fine QPs go from "O" to "E" to attend SFAS, or did any of you serve with an operator that did successfully? If so would you PM me?

What do you all think about such a maneuver? This would be in the National Guard.

Thanks for your time.

hotshot
08-20-2012, 12:11
I know of 2 cases personally where former commissioned officers 1 RA(CPT), 1 SF(MAJ), have resigned their commissions to go through the course as E-5/6. They are both currently in the NG, however, for the RA soldier, he will have to pass through the entire SFQC. Whereas the SF soldier will only have to complete MOS and Robin Sage.

I have no issue with it personally, I have no professional opinion as I am an NCO. You are a grown man and can make your own decisions.

IMHO, you have the opportunity to be successful as long as you come to the personal understanding that you will be taking orders/instructions from SRNCO's and officers that may be Junior (to your former Rank).

CH

PRB
08-20-2012, 13:47
Had a Tm Ldr (1LT) back when we had LT's...resign his commission and re enlist active duty as a Sp4...he was Ranger q so went to the Ranger Bn...said he was very happy as all he could see down the line as an O was years of staff puke time and he liked the bush.

MR2
08-20-2012, 13:58
Our class leader during Phase 1 was a soft branch Major with a reserve commission. He was going through the course as a SSG. We called him the screamer. He peered out, was recycled Ph1, and later completed the course.

We had a NatGrd 5G TmLdr fail to take his 11B AdvCrs and was denied promotion to O-4. He resigned his commission and enlisted as an E-5 as a JrWpn. He retired as a MSG.

s2kguy
08-20-2012, 23:26
I was considering doing this so I could be active duty and attend SFAS, essentially resign my commission and enlist as an 18x. The recruiter said that I couldn't do it, that I would belong to the guard and couldn't enlist for active duty even if I resigned my commission.

I do have a team leader that was a USMC 2LT, completed TBS and the SOI officers course.

purpledog70
08-21-2012, 08:42
QPs I know the sin I'm committing, I've read the rules, I know you all do the answering, but that being said:

The recruiter may not have all the info as mine did not in the beginning. If you PM me their contact info I can help the individual find the proper instructions.

Sorry QPs I'll never do it again, I promise.

ATB,

Sam.

Richard
08-21-2012, 10:06
The recruiter may not have all the info as mine did not in the beginning.

Might wanna check with these guys...

http://www.sorbrecruiting.com/

Just sayin'...

Richard :munchin

purpledog70
08-21-2012, 11:50
ALCON,

I was not refering to SORB. Rather the fine human manning the strip mall recruiting station. You know, the guy sitting next to the fat sailor.

-Sam.