PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine Arrested By FBI For Patriotic Facebook Posts

CA_TacMedic
08-18-2012, 17:25
Former Marine Arrested By FBI For Patriotic Facebook Posts

http://www.westernjournalism.com/footage-of-the-arrest-of-patriotic-marine-brandon-j-raub/

So has anyone heard any other information on the USMC Veteran Brandon Raub who was arrested by US Secret Service for his anti-Obama Facebook postings? And your thoughts on what I feel is the just one more step in the complete trampling of our rights by our government and the thought police.

Wallace

Dusty
08-18-2012, 17:40
Did you listen to the radio interview with the guy's mother?

Apparently, the authorities believe he made comments that were "terroristic in nature".

Sigaba
08-18-2012, 17:50
At 4:12 of the interview, the mom says: "I was not there, so I'm going by what Brandon told me."

How about that.

Dusty
08-18-2012, 18:21
At 4:12 of the interview, the mom says: "I was not there, so I'm going by what Brandon told me."

How about that.

Oh, yeah-I imagine this is one of those "tip-of-the-iceberg" incidents.

Inflexible Six
08-18-2012, 19:04
Not arrested, apparently...detained and taken to a shrink.

trvlr
08-18-2012, 19:44
I'm assuming this is the same person: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall His facebook is public.

There's a possibility that he could have deleted posts before/after his arrest. Seems like a very interesting guy.

longrange1947
08-18-2012, 20:05
I'm assuming this is the same person: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall His facebook is public.

There's a possibility that he could have deleted posts before/after his arrest. Seems like a very interesting guy.

OK, he is an idiot.

SF_BHT
08-18-2012, 20:11
OK, he is an idiot.

No Rick he is a NUT JOB........

Inflexible Six
08-18-2012, 20:15
They are dropping barium and aluminum powder on us from the sky.

:munchin

And there's a movement underway to FREE this guy???

CA_TacMedic
08-18-2012, 22:23
Glad I asked if anyone knew more -vs- posting a big long supportive rant. The only facebook link I could locate at the time of posting was his big support page. Pending some dramatic news or the posting of another really cool video on his site I am just going to go invest in some more tin-foil.

Wallace

ZonieDiver
08-19-2012, 05:49
They are dropping barium and aluminum powder on us from the sky.

And there's a movement underway to FREE this guy???

I'm sure that there are members of this very bb that believe your first comment, and will take part in your second.

Unnfortunately. :munchin

Dusty
08-19-2012, 06:13
I'm sure that there are members of this very bb that believe your first comment, and will take part in your second.

Are you serious? Who?

Inflexible Six
08-19-2012, 09:16

Hey, it's all good. My mom believes in chemtrails.

PedOncoDoc
08-19-2012, 09:20
I'm good with barium and aluminum powder so long as it doesn't interfere with my purity of essence... :rolleyes:

JJ_BPK
08-19-2012, 09:32
I'm good with barium and aluminum powder so long as it doesn't interfere with my purity of essence... :rolleyes:

‘Tell me, tell me, Doc. When did you first…well, develop this theory?’

:D

Richard
08-19-2012, 09:36
Are you serious? Who?

I suspect there are a few who lurk here who agree with Raub's statements...

This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it.

This is firefighters talking about the explosive charges placed within the twin towers.

...or with these guys' views on government...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-08-18/Louisiana-New-Orleans-deputies/57132744/1?csp=YahooModule_News

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Dusty
08-19-2012, 09:48
I suspect there are a few who lurk here who agree with Raub's statements...

This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it.

This is firefighters talking about the explosive charges placed within the twin towers.

...or with these guys' views on government...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-08-18/Louisiana-New-Orleans-deputies/57132744/1?csp=YahooModule_News

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Hmmm. OK, how 'bout a show of hands?

JJ_BPK
08-19-2012, 10:10
Hmmm. OK, how 'bout a show of hands?

Team Sergeant
08-19-2012, 10:14
They are dropping barium and aluminum powder on us from the sky.:munchin

I KNEW IT!!!

Dusty
08-19-2012, 10:42
You guys think this is all fun and games, but some of these "wackos" are dead on with certain theories, i.e. the "flag" that was photographed on the moon, supposedly put there by astronauts.

I don't know what the Illuminati-controlled government is trying to pull, but I've seen the pic , and that "flag" is a fake. Count the stars if you don't believe me.

Now tell me why NASA would put a fake flag on the moon. Hmm?

Dusty
08-19-2012, 10:55
Of course, my last post was satirical; I'm merely trying to illustrate the absurdity of some of these notions.

Apart from the adulation recived by Cynthia Mckinney on her nationwide "Inside Job" tour, who benefits?

Inflexible Six
08-19-2012, 14:59
I'm merely trying to illustrate the absurdity of some of these notions.

Sure. ;)

AngelsSix
08-19-2012, 15:51
Is it just me, or does this guy (see picture) http://www.businessinsider.com/brandon-raub-marine-911-detained-2012-8

look an awful lot like this guy (see picture) http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Okay, it's just me...:eek:

Ambush Master
08-19-2012, 16:16
I must say they bear a striking resemblance!!

alelks
08-19-2012, 16:23
I must say they bear a striking resemblance!!

That or the same drugs that give them both a deer in the headlights look. :D

Dozer523
08-20-2012, 09:10
Did you listen to the radio interview with the guy's mother?Hitler's mom was pretty supportive, at least in the early years . Hell, even my Mom . . .
Are you serious? Who? I didn't say ANYthing!:D

Manic
08-20-2012, 09:19
Is it just me, or does this guy (see picture) http://www.businessinsider.com/brandon-raub-marine-911-detained-2012-8

look an awful lot like this guy (see picture) http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Dead on, seriously.

Dusty
08-20-2012, 09:41
Hitler's mom was pretty supportive, at least in the early years . Hell, even my Mom . . .
I didn't say ANYthing!:D

Funny, but late. :D

VVVV
08-20-2012, 10:46

Twins, separated at birth!!!!!!!!!!

mark46th
08-20-2012, 14:08
Better Barium from the sky than up your ass....

98G
08-20-2012, 15:06
Glad I asked if anyone knew more -vs- posting a big long supportive rant. The only facebook link I could locate at the time of posting was his big support page. Pending some dramatic news or the posting of another really cool video on his site I am just going to go invest in some more tin-foil.

Wallace

Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is still a nut case or idiot.

Cartoonist Howard Tayler condenses the concept in The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, a parody of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Some random ones listed below. #29 comes to mind in this thread.

Some of the maxims included are:
1. Pillage, then burn.
2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
4. Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
5. Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart.
11. Everything is air-droppable at least once.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
15. Only you can prevent friendly fire.
17. The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
18. If the officers are leading from in front, watch out for an attack from the rear.
20. If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.
22. If you can see the whites of their eyes, somebody's done something wrong.
24. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.
29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.
30. A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

CA_TacMedic
08-20-2012, 16:30
29. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.

That is the truth. I guess it is tough to tell someone "how" to stand up for the same things you believe in. I have a great distrust of the government. I take a hard look at almost every conspiracy theory out there...but i guess my definition off what is completely absurd and what someone else thinks meets that standard can be very different.

I used to play some pretty big pranks on buddies and sometimes did some stuff to guys that were nowhere near being a buddy. The trick was to do something so outlandish and "absurd" that there was no way anyone in their right mind would even consider me or my friends as suspects. They (the authorities)always pointed fingers at other kids on the fringe...those with a questionable history. Makes me wonder sometimes.:confused:

Wallace

ZonieDiver
08-21-2012, 05:40
They (the authorities)always pointed fingers at other kids on the fringe...those with a questionable history.

There is a reason Captain Renault says this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtSmfws0_To

A LEO friend once told me, "Cops aren't interested in justice; they're interested in "clearing cases."

The two remarks could be related.

Dusty
08-23-2012, 15:03
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Va-judge-orders-release-of-detained-veteran-3810234.php

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A judge on Thursday ordered the release of a former Marine who was detained for psychiatric evaluation after posting strident anti-government messages on Facebook.

Prince George County Circuit Judge W. Allan Sharrett said at the end of a one-hour hearing that the involuntary commitment order issued by a magistrate against Brandon J. Raub was invalid because it contained no allegation or basis to hold him, according to the head of a civil liberties organization that represented the 26-year-old veteran.

"This is a great victory," Rutherford Institute executive director John Whitehead said. "He's a good human being. He just got caught in some weird bureaucratic meanderings and the judge recognized that there's really no true facts to hold this man in a psychiatric ward."

Raub's family was expected to pick him up from the Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center later Thursday. His mother, Cathleen Thomas, did not immediately return a voicemail message.

Raub, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was taken into custody Aug. 16 after being questioned by Chesterfield County police and federal agents about his Facebook posts. The FBI said the interview was prompted by complaints from people who read his ominous posts, including some that spoke of a pending revolution. One said "a day of reckoning" was coming, and another said: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

Onlookers shot a video of Raub being led away from his home in handcuffs and posted it on You Tube, fueling a groundswell of support for the veteran and criticism that the government was trampling on his free-speech rights. The Charlottesville-based Rutherford Institute came to his defense, characterizing the government's actions as those of a police state. Raub was not charged with a crime.

"Brandon Raub was arrested with no warning, targeted for doing nothing more than speaking out against the government, detained against his will, and isolated from his family, friends and attorneys," Whitehead said. "These are the kinds of things that take place in totalitarian societies. Today, at least, Judge Allan Sharrett proved that justice can still prevail in America."

He called Raub's release a victory for the First Amendment.

"People a have right to go on Facebook or the Internet (and) say things that people might not agree with, "Whitehead said. "But that doesn't mean they're crazy or should be incarcerated for it."

Raub initially was taken the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell, where he was held over the weekend for a preliminary evaluation. After a hearing Monday, another judge ordered Raub detained for an additional month and transferred him to the Salem VA hospital.

Thursday's hearing was expected to be limited to Raub's objection to the transfer, so Whitehead said Sharrett's decision came as a surprise.

"The petition is so devoid of any factual allegations that it could not be reasonably expected to give rise to a case or controversy," the order says.

Snip

SF_BHT
08-23-2012, 15:25
He is still a NUT JOB.............