PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Arktis Rainshields (eBay)

Razor
10-16-2004, 15:14
Military Griffin has L, XL and XXL Arktis Rainshield jackets on eBay for just over $45 on the 'Buy It Now' option. This is a really good price if someone is looking for this jacket, as retail is usually around $70. Take into consideration, though, that Military Griffin has had some eBay issues. He's a dealer that used a different user ID a few years ago, and enough negative feedback piled up that he created a new account. Since then, I checked and he had twenty-someodd negative feedbacks out of over 7000 transactions, so you have to decide if the price justifies doing business with the guy and risking a bad experience (not unlike buying from Botach Tactical).

As for the jacket itself, I have one and really like it. I've worn it in rain and snow storms (over a fleece in the snow, as the Rainshield isn't insulated), and it did a good job of shedding water. Its very, very light and compresses well. The seams aren't taped (at least the ones on mine aren't), so you will eventually get seepage. However, Javahead (an SF guy) from LF.com tested it in a literal monsoon on Okinawa and gave it his approval, so take that for what its worth.

NousDefionsDoc
10-16-2004, 16:09
I have one too. It is an excellent piece of kit.

eggroll
10-17-2004, 01:23
FWIW

I have had several gone-south dealings with him, so much so that I have been banned by him from bidding on his articles.

EGG

NousDefionsDoc
10-18-2004, 00:20
Well to hell with him then.