PDA

View Full Version : Stars Earn Stripes

Groleck
08-10-2012, 21:14
I recently saw a commercial for a new show on NBC entitled "Stars Earn Stripes" featuring celebrities being paired up with special operations and law enforcement veterans and performing simulated combat missions. It premieres on Monday, August 13th at 8PM EST.

http://www.nbc.com/stars-earn-stripes/

Looks entertaining. One of the men is Grady Powell, who claims to be SF. The man claiming Delta, Dale Comstock also claims SF in his mini-bio that reads on the NBC site.

:munchin

- Dan P.

Destrier
08-10-2012, 21:25
The word, 'quaint' comes to mind.

Geenie
08-10-2012, 23:48
I'm excited for this show. Who wouldn't want to watch popstars go on real "delta force missions"? :rolleyes:

This is the reason why we disconnected our cable service. TV programming in this country has gone to complete sh*t.

JJ_BPK
08-11-2012, 04:58
How can a show lose with a talented host like Wesley??? :munchin

General Wesley Clark | Host

In 38 years of service in the United States Army, Wesley K. Clark rose to the rank of four-star general as NATO's Supreme Allied Commander, Europe. Since retiring from the military in 2000, he has taken on the roles of investment banker, alternative energy leader, author, cable network television military analyst and businessman. In September 2003, he answered the call to stand as a Democratic candidate for President of the United States, where his campaign won the state of Oklahoma and launched him to national prominence before he returned to the private sector in February 2004. Clark has chaired several public and private companies, and is a progressive leader in pursuing energy solutions. .

From another thread:

Here's a good one! :rolleyes:

Retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark said Thursday he wants the American public to understand what a "great commander in chief" President Barack Obama is.

"He's made some really great decisions, some tough decisions and he's been extremely successful," Clark told the Daily Press. "Not only that, he's been stronger in support of veterans in actual resources and programs than any president in my life time."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/08/03/retired-four-star-gives-presidential-pick.html?ESRC=sm_todayinmil.nl

Richard :munchin

:mad:

Mills
08-11-2012, 07:19
What a joke. Reality TV is turning our country into mindless zombies who thrive to live vicariously through other peoples lives. They no longer strive to thrill seek or experience new things. They just watch others do it on TV..........and that does everything the need to satisfy their needs.

Be careful my friends..........its a slippery slope.

Dozer523
08-11-2012, 07:22
The word, 'quaint' comes to mind.
That's not the word that came to my mind. Vomit, crap, sad, bullish!t and " I hope the girls dress like the Olympic Beach Volleyball athletes" are somethings I thought.

Ret10Echo
08-11-2012, 08:08
Really...

I hope they show the part where after you dump your ruck, a team of personal trainers, nutritionists and massage therapists come out of the bushes and prepare you for the next day's operation. That was my favorite part of being on a team.

Paragrouper
08-11-2012, 08:44
Really...

I hope they show the part where after you dump your ruck, a team of personal trainers, nutritionists and massage therapists come out of the bushes and prepare you for the next day's operation. That was my favorite part of being on a team.

LMAO! :D

Inflexible Six
08-11-2012, 09:02
Really...

I always enjoyed the post-contact martinis

PRB
08-11-2012, 11:50
I had no idea Clark was a part of this deal.....a 4 star Gen Officer on a BS reality show.
Really, honestly.
How sad.....you can stop refering to him as Gen now...he is 'Wesley' of 'Clark' or maroon or buffoon...you chose.

Dragbag036
08-11-2012, 14:05
And some idiot will use the crap in this show to "pick up chicks" or worse, claim he is one of you fine gentlemen!! I call BS!!

CA_TacMedic
08-11-2012, 17:13
There is actually a lot of uproar regarding this series. Some feel it is disrespectful to the men and women who have truly sacrificed and have initiated blogs. petitions and pages dedicated to having the plug pulled on this show.

I personally rate "reality" tv at the top of "cannot stand it list", as none of it is reality.

Not sure where I stand on this show,....they try and sell a lot of "real explosions", "real bullet"..."REAL DANGER"...BS. The marketing is maybe what gets me. Selling it as entertainment is all together a different cat. This show will get watched. It will get ratings. It will appeal to the armchair nation. Some will watch for entertainment, others because they feel the stars are Patriotic for agreeing to be put through some pre-defined and scripted evolutions that resemble what the tv nation believes is close to "reality", backed up by former and or current military and law enforcement participants.

When these stars drop their Hollywood careers, agents, safety protocols, and sign on the dotted line, raise their right hand and serve for real, for God, Country and the brother next to them...not for ratings, then it might fit the bill of being reality.

Wallace

PRB
08-11-2012, 18:11
I'll be impressed when they have a few KIA/WIA on the set.....maybe Clark will shoot himself in the foot.
Any SOF personnel involved in this Tom Foolery should get special mention in the
" Hall of Assholes...I'd do anything for Cash " arena.

Groleck
08-11-2012, 21:32
There was another show like this some years ago, I think it was called "Combat Missions" and is mentioned elsewhere on this site. It was really hokey IMO, and this seems a lot like that show but with the addition of celebrities.

If this show gets more attention and takes off, I wonder if it will have a similar effect as some video games do, sparking young men's interest in the military career field enough to maybe even enlist. Perhaps seeing an athletic looking guy like Terry Crews low crawl and say things like "Wow this is way harder than I thought it would be," "This is tougher than any football drills I ever ran," "I have a more profound respect for these men of our nation's military," etc. could be the kind of thing that gets the armchair high school graduate Rambos off the couch to visit the local recruiting station.

I'm not insinuating that this is a good thing, but I wonder what effect a program that combines high-speed cool guy SOF stuff with recognizable celebrity faces has for those who are not diligent in their career research. (The "Hi I'm joe blow and want to know how I can be a delta should I be a ranger first and then green barat or go marines and then seals?" types are all over the place.) This sort of program could draw a lot of XBox weenies to the military, but maybe that's nothing new.

Off on a tangent now....but IF things like this show, new Call of Duty/Medal of Honor video games, and SEAL Team 6 buzz get young men to clamor to recruiting offices, I wonder if the attrition rate for SOF increases as the number of "weenies" attempt to try their hands at different selections/indocs for which they may not be a good fit for or picked for the wrong reasons.

- Dan P.

Sigaba
08-11-2012, 21:36
I'd rather see Dick Wolf put out a scripted hour long drama that attempts to educate the American people about SOF.

#YMMV

chance
08-11-2012, 23:51
This show is just BS! This crap is now better then the air soft jackasses. Till they fell the pain and sadness of losing a brother in arms in a fire fight or IED there doing nothing other the playing soldier.:mad::mad:

TOMAHAWK9521
08-12-2012, 05:50
First I see this "I GOT YOUR SIX!"commercial with Hollyweird actors and MSM/TV celebrities informing those of us who served and continue to serve that they are pledging to watch our collective backs by wearing a little "6" pin. And now these ass clowns are suiting up to show us how well they can play "make-believe". YGBSM! :mad:

You've got our six, Hollywood? Try this:

AngelsSix
08-12-2012, 06:22
Honestly, I am not sure where these folks come from. But I have learned one thing, some people will spend their whole life self-promoting, even if 90% of it is a lie. Take the bullshit for what it is.

I followed a good friends advice and got rid of my t.v. and I am much happier for it.

Inflexible Six
08-12-2012, 08:38
Ever since Hanoi Jane there've been precious few celebrities who've shown any respect for the military. The older warriors will well remember the slew of anti-war and anti-military movies that prevailed for 25 years during and after Vietnam. I would challenge any assumption that the entertainment industry has changed much from those days.

Gypsy
08-12-2012, 09:19
I saw these commercials and thought...there's an hour of your life you won't get back if you watch that crap. :rolleyes:

SF_BHT
08-12-2012, 09:38
Thank God I will not get that show on my limited channel selection down here.

SPEC4
08-12-2012, 09:53
Comparing celebrities to warriors is like comparing a lightning bug to lightning. :p

SF_BHT
08-12-2012, 10:02
Comparing celebrities to warriors is like comparing a lightning bug to lightning. :p

You are right but I work now in an agency that has cops that get training from SF and the Ranger school to help them on missions like Snow Cap and our new programs and some have it in their minds that they are now RGR qualified or as good as RGR's or USSF. I want to rip off their heads when I hear them rant.

Thank God I am now a much more centered and calm person. I just take out my frustration/anger on the fish now.

Hollywood types are so out of touch with reality some of them may think they are ready to fight after this farce.

Team Sergeant
08-12-2012, 12:28

I like it!

I also like "simulated combat" with the knowledge that no one is actually going to get hurt..... kinda like sumulating being pregnant......

I'm now sure why hollyweird needs real soldiers in the first place, they have more "simulated combat" experience than the entire U.S. Military combined.........

Inflexible Six
08-12-2012, 14:44
Yes sir, and they get all that realistic high speed gear you guys have...so they look cool while they're on TV

BrokenSwitch
08-13-2012, 09:35
As much as Hollywood likes to play soldier, there might be a silver lining--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyTp6nxe17A&feature=related

At about 0:05, this guy introduces "Stars Earn Stripes" as a fundraiser for military and LE charities, and then goes on to talk about a WIA amputee whose family does not have the money to visit him. Since the entertainment industry tends to have a LOT of disposable income, why not use this program to collect donations?

Back to my lane...

The Reaper
08-13-2012, 17:33
It has Wes Clark on it.

I will not be watching.

TR

Paragrouper
08-13-2012, 17:45
It has Wes Clark on it.

I will not be watching.

TR

Ditto.

sinjefe
08-13-2012, 18:40
It has Wes Clark on it.

I will not be watching.

TR

Ditto. Political hack.

orion5
08-13-2012, 19:50
It has Wes Clark on it.

I will not be watching.

TR

I saw the first 10 min of it. It seems ridiculous, but 2 things you guys might appreciate:

1) When they paired up the "operators" with the celebrities, the SF guy got the hottest babe. :D

2) When GEN Clark told the group, "I would have loved to have commanded a group like this," the SF guy gave him a cold stare.

alelks
08-13-2012, 20:27
I have a better idea for a reality show.

Let's take everyone holding a political position in DC, strip them of all their lavish benefits and send them to boot camp and then put them on the front lines in an actual combat zone. Did I mention that they get the same pay and benefits as our soldiers?

While we're at it let's round up some of the "My people are being held down by the man" individuals that do nothing but promote racial tensions and send them. Equal opportunity for all. :)

Now that I would gladly watch.

TrapLine
08-13-2012, 20:34

Let's take everyone holding a political position in DC, strip them of all their lavish benefits and send them to boot camp and then put them on the front lines in an actual combat zone. Did I mention that they get the same pay and benefits as our soldiers?

While we're at it let's round up some of the "My people are being held down by the man" individuals that do nothing but promote racial tensions and send them. Equal opportunity for all. :)

Except when the kids get to watch Thomas the Train or I can catch a hockey game, I have gladly given up on the tube. I would; however, tune in to watch this ^.

ZonieDiver
08-13-2012, 20:55
I liked it! My grandson said, "Bang!" several times. The SF guy must have been a medic. He about climaxed when he got the hot wrestling chick. Todd Palin was tougher than at least half of the "studs". When did a Navy Corpsman become "special ops"?

Most importantly: who put the Xanax in Gen Clark's coffee? Was anyone else reminded of "The Wizard of Oz" when they had those shots of him in the control room, staring at the table screen?

I know they can revoke a Tab. Can they retroactively take away some stars?

It might have been good with some hard-charging LTC in charge of the TOC!

I think the SF guy's team (paired with some SWAT guy) "won" this round.

Oh, did you notice that it was the two black guys that almost drowned?

trvlr
08-13-2012, 21:16
Oh, did you notice that it was the two black guys that almost drowned?

There was also a black guy on the water recovery dive team. :munchin

SF_BHT
08-13-2012, 21:21
There was also a black guy on the water recovery dive team. :munchin

Well someone has to be able to swim.........:D

PRB
08-13-2012, 21:52
Had to watch the series ender 'The Closer'......maybe next week....lol

Ambush Master
08-13-2012, 22:08
I saw the first 10 min of it. It seems ridiculous, but 2 things you guys might appreciate:

1) When they paired up the "operators" with the celebrities, the SF guy got the hottest babe. :D

2) When GEN Clark told the group, "I would have loved to have commanded a group like this," the SF guy gave him a cold stare.

One thing that the General Public won't pick up on is that the LEOs and Military folks know the difference between a "TWO-WAY-RANGE" and what they did.

The celebs, for the most part, don't!!

Later
Martin

PSM
08-13-2012, 22:10
Had to watch the series ender 'The Closer'......maybe next week....lol

Don't have TV. Watched The Warriors night before last, The Day of the Jackal last night, and will watch Combat tonight. The Odessa File tomorrow night. ;)

Pat

Sarski
08-13-2012, 22:53
As much as Hollywood likes to play soldier, there might be a silver lining--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyTp6nxe17A&feature=related

At about 0:05, this guy introduces "Stars Earn Stripes" as a fundraiser for military and LE charities, and then goes on to talk about a WIA amputee whose family does not have the money to visit him. Since the entertainment industry tends to have a LOT of disposable income, why not use this program to collect donations?

Back to my lane...

If they wanted to donate, they could. They have the money, and then some. Instead they have to make a big deal out of it to do so. Then it becomes a show about them giving money and not about the charity. PBS does fund raising all the time, and they have a 1-800 number to call in on.

Productions can get deals on air fare, hotels, rental cars, and in some cases these can be "donated" to the production. Attach some big name stars, and companies line up to have their product listed in the credits at the end, plus it is a tax write off / business expense for those companies.

It is tear jerking, and fills extra air time for a show that might not have, or be in need of more substance. Surprise gifts, surprise visits, surprise emotional outbreaks, surprise travel...all part of the preproduction process and budgeting that is, once approved, very closely monitored by the network bosses (on time and on budget).

In reality, to fly a family of four across country and put them up in a hotel for a weekend might cost around $2,000 and can probably be done for much less. That is peanuts on a t.v. production.

CA_TacMedic
08-13-2012, 23:26
In reality, to fly a family of four across country and put them up in a hotel for a weekend might cost around $2,000 and can probably be done for much less. That is peanuts on a t.v. production.

One interesting / side note is that Chris Kyle donates a great deal of his own non-Hollywood $$ to families for exactly that as well as many other returning veteran causes.

I will say first that my kids liked it and my youngest daughter wants to be a soldier. This show did nothing but add to that for her. On the other side, Hollywood and the elitist left is the last frontier when it comes to supporting any military activity, from recruiting through survivor and disabled veteran related causes. What if this show, regardless of the opinions (including mine) became a positive recruiting tool? Or even better what if it were the catalyst for others in that neck of the woods to support the very causes you specified? IE: Surprise trips, reunions etc?

I witnessed a similar effect from Top Gun the movie during my little stint in the Navy way back when....Tom Cruise makes me sick and should be banned from playing dress up in any military attire other than a Gitmo detainee, however that movie in spite of all of it's flaws, poor attention to detail etc., became one of the best things to happen to USN recruiting in years.

Just a thought? Flame suit on::munchin

Wallace

Sigaba
08-14-2012, 00:15
Don't have TV.Are you bragging -- or apologizing?:D

bluebb
08-14-2012, 04:03
Watched the 1st season of Hell on Wheels, a western, that was a good show.

Blue

Richard
08-14-2012, 04:53
I watched two episodes of "History Detectives" - tracking down a set of Osage leggings worn by one of Custer's scouts (Co A 7th Cavalry) and an eagle amulet worn by Chief Black Kettle and collected by a soldier at the Battle of Washita, and the history behind a note penned by A. Lincoln allowing a Confederate POW to take the oath of allegience to the US and be pardoned were interesting.

Richard :munchin

Team Sergeant
08-14-2012, 09:22
Didn't watch it, washed my car instead. The SF guy, he's got what 2 years in Special Forces? Lots of SF experience there........:munchin

Sarski
08-14-2012, 11:32
One interesting / side note is that Chris Kyle donates a great deal of his own non-Hollywood $$ to families for exactly that as well as many other returning veteran causes.

I will say first that my kids liked it and my youngest daughter wants to be a soldier. This show did nothing but add to that for her. On the other side, Hollywood and the elitist left is the last frontier when it comes to supporting any military activity, from recruiting through survivor and disabled veteran related causes. What if this show, regardless of the opinions (including mine) became a positive recruiting tool? Or even better what if it were the catalyst for others in that neck of the woods to support the very causes you specified? IE: Surprise trips, reunions etc?

I witnessed a similar effect from Top Gun the movie during my little stint in the Navy way back when....Tom Cruise makes me sick and should be banned from playing dress up in any military attire other than a Gitmo detainee, however that movie in spite of all of it's flaws, poor attention to detail etc., became one of the best things to happen to USN recruiting in years.

Just a thought? Flame suit on::munchin

Wallace

Christopher Kyle playwright and screenwriter, not to be confused with Chris Kyle the SEAL sniper.

Glad your kids liked it.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with this approach, CA, just explaining it in cheap production value terms, that and I abhore reality t.v., with the exception of COPS.

One thing to remember is that these MOSs and Rates (pilot in Top Gun case) are already cool, and the reputation they have is hard earned, and comes with a high price to pay. Hollywood is quick to jump on the coat tails of that success at the drop of a dime because 1) they know it has some mystique and popularity, 2) they don't really have to be creative and create anything, and 3) it is garunteed to attract viewership...kind of like vaudville theatre did back in its day.:rolleyes:

CA_TacMedic
08-14-2012, 13:04
I was referring to former US Navy SEAL, Chris Kyle, author, VERY accomplished sniper, poor choice for a carjack victim and true Patriot, who has given ALL proceeds from his book to Veteran's groups. Sorry to muddy the post by saying "non-Hollywood money". I meant that he gave back from his book, not as others on the show do by giving a reality tv show bounty away.

I am right with you on the reality tv opinion. It disgusts me.

Wallace

sf11b_p
08-14-2012, 13:10
The protest letter from Desmond Tutu, Jody Williams, Mairead Maguire, Shirin Ebadi, Jose Ramos-Horta, Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Oscar Arias Sanchez, Rigoberta Menchu Tum and Betty Williams stating, it glorifies war and pays homage to no one, pushes me a little towards watching it.

ZonieDiver
08-14-2012, 13:13
Didn't watch it, washed my car instead. The SF guy, he's got what 2 years in Special Forces? Lots of SF experience there........:munchin

WASHED your car! So you're the one who's causing all the Haboobs in Phoenix. Any native knows you don't wash your car until after September 15th! :D

Team Sergeant
08-14-2012, 13:18
The protest letter from Desmond Tutu, Jody Williams, Mairead Maguire, Shirin Ebadi, Jose Ramos-Horta, Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Oscar Arias Sanchez, Rigoberta Menchu Tum and Betty Williams stating, it glorifies war and pays homage to no one, pushes me a little towards watching it.

Not like hollyweird hasn't made a few billion from making war movies.............

I'm sure the folks in hollyweird made this one for the same reason they made all their movies, money. I'll stick with Animal Planet.....

Sdiver
08-14-2012, 13:33
Just an FYI to anyone interested .... Shark week started on Discovery channel this week. :D

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/videos/top-10-shark-jumping-videos.htm

:munchin :eek: :munchin

glebo
08-14-2012, 13:37
Just an FYI to anyone interested .... Shark week started on Discovery channel this week. :D

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/videos/top-10-shark-jumping-videos.htm

Saw a one or two episodes...AWSOME....those sharks can get some air...

Sarski
08-14-2012, 13:48
I was referring to former US Navy SEAL, Chris Kyle, author, VERY accomplished sniper, poor choice for a carjack victim and true Patriot, who has given ALL proceeds from his book to Veteran's groups. Sorry to muddy the post by saying "non-Hollywood money". I meant that he gave back from his book...

Wallace

Ah, thank you for the clarification. Didn't know that.

MR2
08-14-2012, 16:16

Bronze, Silver, and Gold!

Sdiver
08-14-2012, 16:26
Bronze, Silver, and Gold!

I was going to put up another pic, but I'm a little suspicious of its authenticity ...

SOF_VET
08-14-2012, 16:30
Hollywood types are so out of touch with reality some of them may think they are ready to fight after this farce.

You realize, you may be on to something here. Imagine NBC doing a spin-off where the winner gets to spend six months going on real-world missions. Some of you guys might actually tune in to see Nick Lachey running scared in Shkin or the Korengal Valley, etc. That, my friends, would be entertaining. :D

Dale

Inflexible Six
08-14-2012, 16:33
My son bought me a 6-pack of Landshark for Shark Week. Not bad beer.

Sigaba
08-14-2012, 17:05
If they wanted to donate, they could. They have the money, and then some. Instead they have to make a big deal out of it to do so. Then it becomes a show about them giving money and not about the charity. PBS does fund raising all the time, and they have a 1-800 number to call in on.IMO, this thumbnail discounts (a) the possibility that recipients may prefer celebrities NOT to make anonymous donations because charities want the additional publicity and (b) the fact that most charitable donations are not anonymous <<LINK (http://articles.latimes.com/2008/mar/31/local/me-anonymous31)>>, even though the global recession has seen an increase in the number of such donations <<LINK2 (http://philanthropy.com/article/Anonymous-Giving-Gains-in/63079/)>>.

Gypsy
08-14-2012, 17:21

Agggh, my response to this thread today was going to be:

Two words, Shark Week!!!

Sarski
08-14-2012, 22:02
IMO, this thumbnail discounts (a) the possibility that recipients may prefer celebrities NOT to make anonymous donations because charities want the additional publicity and (b) the fact that most charitable donations are not anonymous <<LINK (http://articles.latimes.com/2008/mar/31/local/me-anonymous31)>>, even though the global recession has seen an increase in the number of such donations <<LINK2 (http://philanthropy.com/article/Anonymous-Giving-Gains-in/63079/)>>.

Sure, but there you are talking millions and millions of dollars from very wealthy philanthropists, and in this case I believe it is the reality tv producers possibly making quite small donations/gifts (in comparison) and not the celebs themselves. IMO, to draw more free publicity to the show itself, kind of an expanded press release that newspapers, networks, entertainment news shows can use for filler.

On a side note I really admire your savy internet skills. I always prided myself in my internet skills, but since joining PS.com, I have been amazed, and blown away with some of the stuff you do. ;)

Team Sergeant
08-16-2012, 12:09
NBC Cancels Series, Entire Cast Of ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ Killed In Afghanistan

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/08/nbc-cancels-series-entire-cast-of-stars-earn-stripes-killed-in-afghanistan/

glebo
08-16-2012, 13:56
I hate to be naive, but is that for real???

orion5
08-16-2012, 14:00

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/08/nbc-cancels-series-entire-cast-of-stars-earn-stripes-killed-in-afghanistan/

I never knew NBC had such a big heart. Hey, NBC, thanks for being concerned, but how about one more season, this time with the entire Kardashian family (same ending). Thanks NBC! :D

head
08-16-2012, 14:11
I came to this thread expecting pictures of hot chicks doing "spec ops" stuff. Leaving disappointed...

Team Sergeant
08-16-2012, 17:43
I came to this thread expecting pictures of hot chicks doing "spec ops" stuff. Leaving disappointed...

Yeah, I can't wait till they do a 25,000 ft night, military free fall carrying in excess of 150lbs of gear with no illumination.
I'm sure their risk assessment for the "show" reads the same, 110% sure there is absolutely no risk involved.
Yeah, that's Special Operations, no risk.

33army
08-16-2012, 17:59
.....I can't believe I wasted that much time watching that garbage. I should have just watched Burn Notice. Side note, the retired general sounds similar to a puppet from sesame street.

Edit: When did people start using F150's on missions?

Sigaba
08-16-2012, 18:46
FWIW, here's a thumbnail of what America watched Monday night. Source is here (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/08/tv-ratings-grimm-gets-a-small-olympic-bump-monday-while-hotel-hell-has-an-ok-start.html).Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

NBC: "Stars Earn Stripes" series premiere (5.3 million viewers, 3.2/5 households)
FOX: "Hotel Hell" series premiere (5.1 million, 3.0/5)
CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" rerun (4.4 million, 2.9/5)/"2 Broke Girls" rerun (4.6 million, 3.0/5)
ABC: "Bachelor Pad" (4.2 million, 2.9/5)
The CW: "Perez Hilton All Access: Lady Gaga" rerun (820,000, 0.5/1)

18-49 leader: "Hotel Hell" (1.9)

9 p.m.

FOX: "Hell's Kitchen" (6.5 million, 3.7/6)
CBS: "2 Broke Girls" rerun (4.85 million, 3.1/5)/"Mike & Molly" rerun (5.3 million, 3.4/5)
NBC: "Stars Earn Stripes" series premiere (5 million, 2.9/4)
ABC: "Bachelor Pad" (3.9 million, 2.7/4)
The CW: "Remodeled" (392,000, 0.3/0)

18-49 leader: "Hell's Kitchen" (2.7)10 p.m.NBC: "Grimm" season premiere (5.7 million, 3.4/6)
CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" rerun (5.2 million, 3.4/6)
ABC: "The Glass House" (2.1 million, 1.4/2)

18-49 leader: "Grimm" (2.0)

trvlr
09-03-2012, 20:05
They ended up donating over $350,000 total to charities including Wounded Warrior, The Pat Tillman Foundation, and USO. Pretty substantial donations IMO.

SF_BHT
09-03-2012, 20:44
Yes and the Special Forces guy with the Hot Chick WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great to get that much donated to Military Charities......

It is Hollywood but they donated so Good for them......

alelks
09-03-2012, 20:54
I just saw this posted on a facebook page:

Congratulations to Grady Powell for being the winning Operative on Stars Earn Stripes!

kawika
09-03-2012, 21:38
Congrats to brady then I say. The SF guy won! And alot of money was donated to military charities, win win in my book. Now let the hate train resume.

Dozer523
09-04-2012, 01:27
FWIW, here's a thumbnail of what America watched Monday night.

CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" rerun (4.4 million, 2.9/5)

"When" I get divorced I'll trace the root cause directly to the episode "Reacher or Settler".
Thank God "But . . . umm" was next.

Pete
09-04-2012, 03:32
You mean the Call of the Wildman reruns didn't make the top five?

Any show will stay as long as it has viewers.

Remington Raidr
09-04-2012, 12:04

My fav quote: General James Mattis, CENTCOM Commander, allowed the raid to take place, saying “it’s about fucking time those pricks in Hollywood did something besides bitch to Congress. Let them take a few live rounds and see how ‘cool’ it is when their buddy is bleeding out of his fucking skull.”

mcmac61
09-04-2012, 12:50
Funny Stuff, I loved the facebook page.:D

CA_TacMedic
09-04-2012, 23:01
After watching it...I am waiting for the sequel "Stars Marry Stripes". I think I spotted a definite love interest going on......:munchin

Wallace

1stindoor
09-05-2012, 06:18
CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" rerun (4.4 million, 2.9/5)

"When" I get divorced I'll trace the root cause directly to the episode "Reacher or Settler".
Thank God "But . . . umm" was next.

That is my wife's and mine favorite show...I think season 7 comes out on DVD next week.

...and I think I was the "reacher."

SF_BHT
09-05-2012, 06:20
After watching it...I am waiting for the sequel "Stars Marry Stripes". I think I spotted a definite love interest going on......:munchin

Wallace

Puppy love or probably just lust. What goes on TDY stay's TDY. ;):D

PSM
09-23-2012, 17:11

Wallace

Seems, not. Eve was recently engaged to Rener Gracie. :D

Pat

MountainMan35
09-25-2012, 15:50