PDA

View Full Version : A Really Great Dog Story.........

greenberetTFS
08-05-2012, 21:46
Man's Best Friend.......;)

Wasn't quite sure where to put this,felt this was as good a place as any........ It had a terrific picture but I was unable to capture it........:cool

A 19 year old Shep being cradled in his master's arms in Lake Superior. Shep falls asleep every night when he is carried into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temp of the water is perfect......By the way, John rescued Shep as an 8 month old puppy, and he's been by his side through many adventures.............:D

Big Teddy :munchin

Sarski
08-06-2012, 00:15
Man's Best Friend.......;)

Wasn't quite sure where to put this,felt this was as good a place as any........ It had a terrific picture but I was unable to capture it........:cool

A 19 year old Shep being cradled in his master's arms in Lake Superior. Shep falls asleep every night when he is carried into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temp of the water is perfect......By the way, John rescued Shep as an 8 month old puppy, and he's been by his side through many adventures.............:D

Right on, QP. They are not mans best friend for nothing. I once spent tbe day holding my friends dog till it passed, and my brother in law held my sisters dog all nite so that it would not be alone when it passed last Christmas. They hava a high place in our lives, and deserve such, and more.

DIYPatriot
08-06-2012, 07:56
Couldn't agree more with either of you. It's interesting how they can sense things and know when you need a lift. My dutch shepherd has always been a working dog/high speed/no affection kind of dog, which is why I got her (to work her), but when my wife shipped out recently, my dog started getting into bed with me, putting her head in my lap late at night when the kids are asleep, etc. Some nights I find her in their rooms. It's as if she knows that momma is gone and we need some extra love.

dennisw
08-06-2012, 08:12
Great stories!

PSM
08-06-2012, 08:41
Here ya go, Teddy:

craigepo
08-06-2012, 09:28
Man, I have cried like a baby every time I've lost one of my hunting dogs. They wind up being part of the family.

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/239104/publisher_ID/36/

greenberetTFS
08-06-2012, 10:16
Here ya go, Teddy:

PSM

Thanks,This is one of those times where one picture is worth a thousand words....:lifter :lifter :lifter

Barbarian
08-13-2012, 08:23
Man, I have cried like a baby every time I've lost one of my hunting dogs. They wind up being part of the family.

I know what you mean. Last year my G. shepherd developed cancer. It got to the point where he couldn't even walk, and all I could do was end his suffering. That was a hard thing to do.

mcmac61
08-13-2012, 08:29
It is a great story. I know if it was not for my two little buddies, i would be more F-ed up than I am now. Thank You God for our Best Friends .:D

Red Flag 1
08-13-2012, 18:18
Here's John and Shep's video, http://www.kare11.com/news/article/986299/391/Meet-the-Bayfield-man-and-dog-behind-viral-photo .

RF 1

Ambush Master
08-13-2012, 20:38
There was an article in National Geographic a few years ago that explained the bond between Humans and Canines. It's origin is pre-historic!! There have been the remains of canines found in digs that date back thousands of years all over the world, to include North America. They go on to explain that it is believed to be a Genetic Imprint that was developed over centuries upon centuries of close contact.

I'll look on the net for a link to the article, it was most interesting!!

Found it: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2002/01/01/html/ft_20020101.1.html

Also, try Googling National Geographic Canine..................there are more!

Later
Martin

ZonieDiver
08-13-2012, 20:47
Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temp of the water is perfect

I'm not sure about the rest of the story, but I sure as hell call bullshit on this part! :D "Warm" is not a word that is ever used to describe Lake Superior, even in August.

As for dog bones at prehistoric sites... they ate 'em, dude!;)