PDA

View Full Version : SGM Robert Taylor

BMT (RIP)
07-26-2012, 07:14
SGM Robert N. Taylor of Missoula passed away at St. Patrick Hospital, Saturday, July 14, 2012, from natural causes.
He was born to Frank N. and Eliza Ann Taylor in Springville, Utah, on Sept. 3, 1930. He married Lillie E. Vanover in the LDS Manti Temple in Manti, Utah, on June 4, 1957. They had one son, Robert, and a daughter, Junia.
Robert joined the U.S. Army in October of 1953 at Fort Douglas, Utah, and after basic training joined the 508th Airborne Regimental Combat Team at Fort Campbell, Ky. In 1954 his unit was sent to Japan. After a year there they were sent back to Fort Campbell to revive the 101st Airborne Division that had been retired after World War II. After some special schools he was deployed to Korea for 16 months. After Korea he was assigned to the XI Corps in the United States. He then requested an assignment to the 10th Special Forces at Bad Tolz, Germany, where he was deployed many times to Greece, Turkey and England, helping to train our counterparts.
After Germany he was soon on his way to his first tour in Vietnam. Due to his high security clearance he went to a covert operation called Studies and Observation Group (SOG), which was their cover title. He helped train the mountain tribal people to operate behind the lines in Laos and Cambodia. He had three tours with them and then was assigned as the division training NCO at Fort Campbell. After that assignment, he was deployed to the Army headquarters at Fort Shafter, Hawaii, to be their NCOIC of the command center behind cipher locked doors, two floors underground, which required an S.I. clearance. After this assignment he requested and received an assignment to be the senior instructor at the ROTC Department at the University of Montana. In June 1984 he went to Fort Lewis, Wash., for his retirement with 30 years of honorable service to his country.
Robert was a member of the Civitan Club, the Lions Club and a leader in the Boy Scouts of America for many years.
Robert was preceded in death by two brothers; one sister and his beloved wife. He is survived by his children, Robert and Junia; seven grandchildren and six great -grandchildren.
Funeral Services will be held at the LDS Church on South Avenue (across from Big Sky High School) at 10 a.m. Monday July 23 with viewing at 9 a.m., followed by interment at the Old Fort Missoula Cemetery. Arrangements are under the care of Garden City Funeral Home.

RIP "POP" your were good in the weeds!!

BMT

full cooler
07-26-2012, 07:24
RIP SGM.

Richard
07-26-2012, 07:38
Damn. RIP, Bru!

JJ_BPK
07-26-2012, 08:03
RIP Brother, Vaya con Dios..

Sarski
07-26-2012, 10:14
RIP.

Badger52
07-26-2012, 10:43
RIP SGM. You live on in my bookshelf.

glebo
07-26-2012, 11:05
RIP SGM, thank you for your service..

booker
07-26-2012, 13:49
Rest In Peace, SGM.

alelks
07-26-2012, 13:50
22830RIP brother.

Red Flag 1
07-26-2012, 14:15
Rest In God's Peace SGM.

greenberetTFS
07-26-2012, 14:58
Gone,but not forgotten.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw - Cached

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.....:(

He was just a simple soldier and his ranks are growing thin
But his presence should remind us; we may need his like again,
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.......:(
Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY. (author unknown)

The passing of our soldiers often go unnoticed and unsung by most of the world, remembered only by family and friends. Wish it were not so. May he RIP, his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.........:(

I realize it's a Canadian song,however I believe most appropriate for this occasion.......:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkgV5bl7kQ

Big Teddy

ZonieDiver
07-26-2012, 15:29
Rest In Peace, Brother.

MtnGoat
07-26-2012, 16:39
RIP SGM

Prayers to your family and friends

Blue skies and soft landings

Cobwebs
07-26-2012, 17:24
RIP Warrior..

jrygalski
07-26-2012, 18:34
RIP SGM

The Reaper
07-26-2012, 18:37
RIP, CSM.

Thanks for visiting with us here and sharing your wisdom.

You will not be forgotten, thank you for your service.

DOL-

TR

YerBuddy
08-24-2012, 00:11
RIP "POP" you were good in the weeds!!

BMT

Warriors:

I would like to personally thank each of you for remembering my father. He was such a great guy and I am blessed to be his son. I have so many great memories of his life and what he did for our great nation. He will be greatly missed in our family, and as I can see, he will be missed by our SF family as well.

I'd also like to thank each of you for your service. There aren't many like you. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Robert A. Taylor

Stras
08-24-2012, 02:17
RIP SGM

Blue Skies