PDA

View Full Version : Toledoan, 92, mistakenly shoots officer

Pete
07-14-2012, 06:50
Toledoan, 92, mistakenly shoots officer

This is one of those stories where I can only shake my head and be glad nobody was killed. Lot of pieces of the story to fit together. Kinda' have to read the whole thing and then put it together. But they did take Grannie's gun.

"Toledo police Lt. Randy Pepitone wanted to make sure Annie Huddleston was all right inside her central Toledo home.

Ms. Huddleston thought the man outside prying open her front door lock Thursday was a burglar.

Just as Lieutenant Pepitone was opening the door, Ms. Huddleston, 92, steadied in her hand her late husband's .357 Magnum revolver, and pulled the trigger just once.........."

greenberetTFS
07-14-2012, 18:50
Toledoan, 92, mistakenly shoots officer

This is one of those stories where I can only shake my head and be glad nobody was killed. Lot of pieces of the story to fit together. Kinda' have to read the whole thing and then put it together. But they did take Grannie's gun.

"Toledo police Lt. Randy Pepitone wanted to make sure Annie Huddleston was all right inside her central Toledo home.

Ms. Huddleston thought the man outside prying open her front door lock Thursday was a burglar.

Just as Lieutenant Pepitone was opening the door, Ms. Huddleston, 92, steadied in her hand her late husband's .357 Magnum revolver, and pulled the trigger just once.........."

I'm serious,what did that poor old lady do that she shouldn't have after being scared to death(92 YO) under the conditions that were developing at the time?.........:(

Big Teddy :munchin

VVVV
07-14-2012, 20:20
I'm serious,what did that poor old lady do that she shouldn't have after being scared to death(92 YO) under the conditions that were developing at the time?.........:(

There are not enough facts in the news reports to know exactly what happened.

Why were they unable to remain in , or reestablish contact her, after she made the 911 call? Perhaps there are mental health issues we (the public) aren't being made privy to.

The Reaper
07-14-2012, 22:27

I'd say shooting through a closed door at an unknown target is pretty much near the top of the list in the "things you should not do" department.

Let's say your son was working as a cop and someone fired at him through a closed door. Would the shooter have done anything wrong?

Incidents like this are used to justify disarming civilians. Bad juju all around.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR