PDA

View Full Version : President Bush Opens New Health Clinic in Zambia

Dusty
07-06-2012, 08:21
This man is the epitome of class.

http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=46877

George W. Bush opens new health clinic in Zambia

While former U.S. President George W. Bush faces some often harsh criticism as commander in chief from those who claim he led the nation into unpopular wars and additional criticism from opponents who claim he initiated failed economic policies,he has taken on a new role as an advocate for women's health in Africa. Both he and his wife Laura Bush have recently opened a women's health clinic in Kabwe, Zambia.

Former U.S. President George W. Bush has taken on a new role as an advocate for women's health in Africa. Both he and his wife Laura Bush have recently opened a women's health clinic in Kabwe, Zambia.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - President Bush was in Africa to promote cervical cancer detection and treatment programs for Zambian women, many of whom are living with HIV.

"We care because we believe that to whom much is given, much is required," Bush says. "And those of us, who live in America, live in the most blessed nation ever and therefore when we see suffering, we ought to act."

The former president has raised more than $85 million for cervical cancer programs, through his George W. Bush Center and other partner organizations. Bush says his goal is to build upon one of the great bipartisan achievements of his presidency.

In 2003, Bush's AIDS initiative was initially funded $15 billion-worth of anti-retroviral drugs and treatment to extend the lives of millions of Africans with HIV and AIDS.

Snip

Stargazer
07-06-2012, 09:00
"We care because we believe that to whom much is given, much is required,"

I have not always agreed with his decisions, but I've never doubted that he believed it was the right path. To me, that quote speaks volumes about his driving force.

Gypsy
07-06-2012, 17:56
This man is the epitome of class.

Couldn't agree more, well done.