PDA

View Full Version : Your Old Frags

Buffalobob
07-05-2012, 14:36
Apparently your local police station is not a good place to dispose of your old frags and explosives

Bethesda's Second District police station is being evacuated and Montgomery Avenue is shut down after a resident tried to turn in an old grenade to authorities, Montgomery County Police report.

Montgomery County Police tweeted Thursday afternoon that the station was shut down for an investigation. Police Spokeswoman Angela Cruz told Patch a resident came to the station to turn over a grenade. The person didn't make threats and the station was being evacuated as a precaution, Cruz said.

The fire marshal was being called to the scene to investigate.

Commuters are being asked to avoid the police station, located at the intersection of Wisconsin and Montgomery avenues.

http://bethesda.patch.com/articles/bethesda-police-station-evacuated

Team Sergeant
07-05-2012, 15:07
On my team we had a claymore that we took the C-4 out of and used for training. We once took it with us on a counter-terrorism training mission and used it on some MP's. We ran a few wires out of the fuze wells and placed it where the MP's would see it.

It worked like a charm, stopped them dead in their tracks, they made an emergeny call to us and said, "Please tell us it's not real....." ;)

mojaveman
07-05-2012, 15:31
Some idiot was cleaning up some property near where I live and found a metal toolbox that contained several pipe bombs that someone had made. Instead of leaving them at the scene he put them in the back of his pick up and drove to the local Sheriff's station. Needless to say they weren't very happy and as a matter of fact they almost arrested the man for illegally transporting explosives.

Being that we have several large military installations in Southern California ordnance has always been a problem as long as I have lived here. A few months doesn't go by without something being found somewhere where it shouldn't be. The best one that I can remember was a 250lb bomb that someone was using as a mailbox post. A new homeowner decided he didn't like it and pulled it out of the ground. Just as a precaution he called the authorities and they determined that it was a live bomb that someone had found out in the desert. The fuze had been removed but it still contained explosives.