PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey G. Hill

MtnGoat
07-04-2012, 11:12
Blue skies and landings brother

Prays go out to family and friends.

You'll be missed brother

Jeff was born Feb. 8, 1960, in Fort Campbell, Ky. He lived with his family in Lexington and attended Central Davidson High School. He finished his Bachelor of Science in business administration finance. He graduated cum laude from UNC-Pembroke in 2006.

Ret. Sgt. 1st Class Hill's military career began in 1978, as a U.S. Marine on a three-year enlistment. He left the Marine Corps honorably in late 1981, looking for bigger challenges; in early 1982, Jeff joined the U.S. Army. His unit of assignment upon completion of basic and Airborne school was Recon Plt, CSC, 2-325th Airborne Infantry, 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg. Mr. Hill would go on to volunteer for Special Forces and serve with 5th Special Forces Group (A) as both a weapons and commo sergeant (18B & 18E), and also with the 3rd SFG (A) as they reactivated in the early-'90s, until he was awarded the MOS for assistant operations and intelligence sergeant (18F). While assigned to USAJFKSWCS in the late-'90s, Mr. Hill served as a senior instructor and writer at the ASOT course. Mr. Hill's highest award was the Bronze Star Medal for Valor, which he received during Operation Urgent Fury in Grenada in 1983.

http://m.fayobserver.com/articles?path=/articles/2012/07/04/1188458

Edited by Richard

SF_BHT
07-04-2012, 11:19
Rest in Peace Brother........

greenberetTFS
07-04-2012, 12:30
Gone,but not forgotten.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw - Cached

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.....:(

He was just a simple soldier and his ranks are growing thin
But his presence should remind us; we may need his like again,
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.......:(

Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY. (author unknown)

The passing of our soldiers often go unnoticed and unsung by most of the world, remembered only by family and friends. Wish it were not so. May he RIP, his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.........:(

I realize it's a Canadian song,however I believe most appropriate for this occasion..:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkgV5bl7kQ

Big Teddy

PRB
07-04-2012, 14:19
RIP Jeff. He was a teammate back in the mid 80's on 594...too damn young, he had health problems for quite a while.
He had a great sense of SF humor and was a good soldier.
Go with God and really light the DZ this time!

JJ_BPK
07-04-2012, 14:50
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios..

Sarski
07-04-2012, 18:10
RIP Jeff. He was a teammate back in the mid 80's on 594...too damn young, he had health problems for quite a while.
He had a great sense of SF humor and was a good soldier.
Go with God and really light the DZ this time!

Only 52. RIP, thank you for your service. I can see he will be missed by many.

Team Sergeant
07-04-2012, 18:23
Rest in peace brother. (We have any pictures of him?) He was in 5th Group when I was there.

alelks
07-04-2012, 22:31
Jeff and I served in SWC together. Great guy.

I saw him last year and he was looking GREAT. Too darn young to leave this earth but when it's your time it's your time.

RIP brother.

Ambush Master
07-04-2012, 23:36
Thoughts and Prayers out Brother!!

Will be looking for'ya @ the RP, just off of the final DZ!!

Martin

rdret1
07-05-2012, 03:50
Rest in peace Brother!

Tatonka316
07-05-2012, 07:15
Rest in Peace, SFC(R). Thank you for your lifetime of service and sacrifice. You will ALWAYS be missed and NEVER forgotten. Give my son a hug and tell him I will see him soon.

molon labe

nousdefions
07-05-2012, 09:19
Rest in Peace, Warrior

The land of the Free, because of the Brave

jrygalski
07-05-2012, 14:36
RIP Brother!

Jeff and I outprocessed together '95. His sense of SF Humor was present even during that last physical!

Blue Skies!

Prayers out for the Family.

Red Flag 1
07-05-2012, 16:54
Rest In God's Peace Warrior.

mojaveman
07-05-2012, 17:03
Completed SFQC 4/84 with Jeff Hill. Agree that he had a great sense of humor and was a good dude. Also attended 18E cross training with him and was on his team when we did communications from Bliss back to Bragg. If I remember correctly he was a sniper in the USMC and was a good shot with any type of rifle that he had in his hands. We ended up serving in 3/5 together with he going to an A-Team and myself being stuck on the C-Team. Does anyone remember the story about a fully automatic MAC-10? If I remember correctly he underwent an interrogation of sorts with the CID at Bragg. I guess he dumped it off just in time because he came out smelling like a rose. Would have liked to drank another beer with him.

Rest in peace.

Dusty
07-05-2012, 17:08
Prayers out

alelks
07-05-2012, 17:59
Completed SFQC 4/84 with Jeff Hill. Agree that he had a great sense of humor and was a good dude. Also attended 18E cross training with him and was on his team when we did communications from Bliss back to Bragg. If I remember correctly he was a sniper in the USMC and was a good shot with any kind of rifle that he had in his hands. We ended up serving in 3/5 together with he going to an A-Team and myself being stuck on the C-Team. Does anyone remember the story about a fully automatic MAC-10? If I remember correctly he underwent an interrogation of sorts with the CID at Bragg. I guess he dumped it off just in time because he came out smelling like a rose. Would have liked to drink another beer with him.

Rest in peace.

Not sure about the MAC-10 but one guy on 585 had a fully automatic MAC-11. :)

glebo
07-06-2012, 09:12
Son of a Gun...RIP Jeff, way to young..

Prayers out to friends and family.