PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day............

greenberetTFS
07-03-2012, 15:43
The difference between the path toward greater freedom or bigger government is the difference between success and failure; between opportunity and coercion; between faith in a glorious future and fear of mediocrity and despair; between respecting people as adults, each with a spark of greatness, and treating them as helpless children to be forever dependent; between a drab, materialistic world where Big Brother rules by promises to special interest groups, and a world of adventure where everyday people set their sights on impossible dreams, distant stars, and the Kingdom of God.........;)

Ronald Reagan. Happy Independence Day......:D

There are 25 million living veterans in this country who are ready to strap it back on and do what is necessary. Gen Peter Pace, USMC

Big Teddy :munchin

JJ_BPK
07-03-2012, 16:14
Happy Birthday America..

:D:lifter:lifter:D

US Army Cannon Cockers Solute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgOlrUNzLN8)

Dusty
07-03-2012, 16:32
Amen

PSM
07-03-2012, 20:00
US Army Cannon Cockers Solute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgOlrUNzLN8)

Happy Independence Day, all! :lifter

(My temporary avatar is my son firing a 75mm at the opening of the 2012 CALFEX at Ft. Carson a couple of weeks ago. As an FO, it's the closest he's ever been to an artillery piece. ;))

Pat

Radar Rider
07-03-2012, 21:36
I have two heroes in my life: My father and Ronald Reagan. I thank God for the 236th year of our independence.

Ret10Echo
07-04-2012, 05:27
Today is one of those days when hanging the Flag out front brings on a certain level of emotion.

Yes...it means something.

Happy Birthday American.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Richard
07-04-2012, 07:05
I hope y'all enjoy a happy and safe Independence Day...and keep that powder dry! ;)

Richard

DIYPatriot
07-04-2012, 07:51
For us, Independence Day is usually a 2 day event. So far, this one has been special. One of our Marines made it home in time to dance with his daughter on her sweet 16! With my wife heading to OEF and my brother having just returned I can truly say not a day goes by that I don't think about our freedom and what it means to be an American. Seeing my nephew celebrate his first one has been icing on the cake!

Everyone have a safe and awesome July 4th!

Destrier
07-04-2012, 08:14
First Fourth for me that I am home safe and retired. My two oldest children now deployed overseas serving thank you for keeping the tent of freedom set up.

God bless our forefathers that struggled to shape and create this fine Country and our fellow Americans of the future.

Happy Fourth America.

For those in power currently, may he give them a slap on the back of the head as a wake up.

Sarski
07-04-2012, 09:00
May everyone, no matter where you are celebrating, have a safe and happy 4th of July.

SF_BHT
07-04-2012, 09:33
Happy Independence Day America and Thank You to All that Are and Have served to make us able to Celebrate another Independence Day.

MtnGoat
07-04-2012, 09:50
Happy birthday America

All enjoy today, be safe, watch the little ones around fireworks. If you're playing with fireworks think about fire levels.

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Sdiver
07-04-2012, 09:57
Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th.

Down the British !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0q2lAggHI

:lifter

SPEC4
07-04-2012, 10:17
I took my Grandson to the sunrise flag raising on "Flag Butte", a tradition in this part of the prairie. To impress my Grandson I wore my old jungle fatigue jacket, from back in the day. While there I met a 92 year old veteran he introduced himself as an old mule skinner in Burma. We had a great visit, I felt honored to meet him.
God bless us EVERYONE !

Unconventional forces in Burma (now Myanmar), including Merrill's Marauders, used mules quite effectively. During the operations against Myitkyina (pronounced Mish-i-naw), the key objective in Northern Burma, the 475th Infantry Regiment, 124th Cavalry, two battalions of pack artillery and QM Pack Troops became the Mars Task Force. A Liberty ship brought about 275 mules of the 35th Pack Troop to India, then to Ledo by train. An overland march 300 miles down the Ledo Road brought them to Camp Landis, Burma. The mules were divided among the units of the force and served to carry machine guns, mortars, ammunition and other supplies in terrain where no other method was feasible. On 17 May 1944, Merrill's Marauders took their pack mules on a 65 mile march traversing the Kumon Mountain range to attack and capture the airfield at Myitkyina, the only all-weather airfield in the country, and the gateway to the road to China. :lifter

greenberetTFS
07-04-2012, 10:50
If after you've sung the National Anthem and you feel a little tear in eye,don't feel embarrassed,just thank God for it,it means your still very much an American................:lifter :lifter :lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

Peregrino
07-04-2012, 11:24
A Toast to the Day! And sober reflections on the Patriots who conceived the idea and dedicated their "lives, fortunes, and sacred honor" to the cause; never forgetting the sacrifices of those who took up arms and paid in blood to make a piece of parchment actually mean something.

Stingray
07-04-2012, 12:28
Happy Birthday to the greatest Country in the world. Her greatness coming from the brave men and women willing to make her that way. To all of you, have a wonderful and safe 4th. And a sincere thanks for doing what you do to keep America great.

Sincerely,

Requiem
07-04-2012, 12:56
"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -John Wayne

Happy Independence Day!

S.

DJ Urbanovsky
07-04-2012, 12:57
Happy Independence Day, everybody!

Gypsy
07-04-2012, 17:41
Happy Independence Day my fellow Americans! My thanks to all who set it in motion, and those who have and continue to stand the line today.

The Reaper
07-04-2012, 20:41
Happy Birthday to the US of A.

God Bless America!

TR

Sonofagunny
07-04-2012, 20:48
I am so proud to be free to decide what freedom means to me. I will die for that freedom if need be, and I celebrate it today.

Ambush Master
07-04-2012, 22:20
Happy Birthday to US!!!

Sdiver
07-04-2012, 23:31
Here, hold my beer ......