PDA

View Full Version : My new EDC Randall

Rob_Frey
06-30-2012, 18:48
I'm not sure if you guys will think this one belongs here, but it's the first Randall I received, and I plan on using as an EDC fixed blade when appropriate to carry one.

It's their new Model 27 "Miniature Trailblazer":

Dusty
07-01-2012, 07:35
I'm not sure if you guys will think this one belongs here, but it's the first Randall I received, and I plan on using as an EDC fixed blade when appropriate to carry one.

It's their new Model 27 "Miniature Trailblazer":

Beautiful knife.

JJ_BPK
07-01-2012, 08:07
I plan on using as an EDC fixed blade when appropriate to carry one.

Congrats..:lifter

Beautiful knife. I have had three Randall's, loved them all..

But, I am not sure I would go around with a 500-800 USD EDC. You need a blade with good qualities and one that can survive in a humid sweaty pocket..

The #27 is a "working" blade, great for dicing big game, but that puppy is approaching Art level..

My $00.0002 :)

Rob_Frey
07-01-2012, 15:35
The 2012 price is $400, but I know what you mean about it being too expensive and pretty to use. I just like the size of it, it's very compact. I do have a Model 23 coming in August which I will be using for a hunting knife.

So, maybe it won't really get much use...

PRB
07-01-2012, 18:20
Somewhere I still have a small 8" Randal dagger that I carried in RVN...looks pretty rough but still sharpens up great...it is the non stainless.
I didn't know they were still being made.

Dusty
07-01-2012, 18:51
Somewhere I still have a small 8" Randal dagger that I carried in RVN...looks pretty rough but still sharpens up great...it is the non stainless.
I didn't know they were still being made.

I'd love to see a picture of that if you can find it. I'm fascinated by the VN-era Randalls.

Remember the model number?

PRB
07-01-2012, 20:56
I'd love to see a picture of that if you can find it. I'm fascinated by the VN-era Randalls.

Remember the model number?

I'll see if I can find it. Buried with mt stuff somewhere...it wasn't an issue knife btw, just a bought one.....still, a great little blade, just the right size.

SpikedBuck
07-01-2012, 21:41
Great knife...definitely hard to come by. I have both Randall's that belonged to my Father...one that is engraved with his team (A-248) and camp, Mang Buk.

alelks
07-01-2012, 21:41
Nice Randal.

I gave my Randal to my son when he deployed to Iraq a few years ago.

People use to look at me strange when I would put my Randal through a rigorous task. I can't see buying a quality knife and treating like it's a show piece.

JJ_BPK
07-02-2012, 05:12
Nice Randal.

I gave my Randal to my son when he deployed to Iraq a few years ago.

People use to look at me strange when I would put my Randal through a rigorous task. I can't see buying a quality knife and treating like it's a show piece.

That's the way I look at tools.. Here is my little friend. Stopped in to the show room in Orlando on my way to Bragg. This model 2 was around 80 USD at the time.

It's not to practical, but I was a young buck and looking to impress the Ladies and scare stray cats.. :D

Barbarian
07-02-2012, 11:28
This is my new favorite thread.

Rob_Frey: Use that knife!!!! That way, when you pass it down to your son, it'll have several hard earned deer-hunting memories, and a lifetime of others on it. He might pull it off his belt, and say to his best friend "Check this out, this was my dad's favorite knife. He carried it everywhere he went, for as long as I knew him." And all the scratches will have been put on it by you. It can be another part of your life, that your descendants can carry forward with them.

Or it can be a safe queen..... beautiful and meaningless. It's your knife bro, but it's not hard to guess what I'd choose, in your position.

Rob_Frey
08-17-2012, 21:53
My Randall Model 23 came today, this is intended to be a user too, for hunting.

I have the Standard Tan sheath that came with it, and a custom "High Ride" sheath in Black.

ErwinD
08-18-2012, 18:30
Very nice Rob. I don't usually see the finger groove handle on a smaller blade like that. Those options make it look like a great "hunting" knife :)

Rob_Frey
09-06-2013, 13:34
I'm bumping this up to show off the latest Randall I received. It's a Model 12 - 8" Bear Bowie. No, I won't EDC this one. :eek:

It has a Stainless blade, Brass hilt, red, white, and blue spacers, Brown Micarta, Border Patrol Handle shape, Brass Butt Cap, and Wrist Thong.

Dusty
09-06-2013, 15:50
I'm bumping this up to show off the latest Randall I received. It's a Model 12 - 8" Bear Bowie. No. I won't EDC this one. :eek:

It has a Stainless blade, Brass hilt, red, white, and blue spacers, Brown Micarta, Border Patrol Handle shape, Brass Butt Cap, and Wrist Thong.

I'ma git one a dem! (Kinda)

Barbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...POST! :D

Barbarian
09-07-2013, 08:45
Barbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaariaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...POST! :D

Que pasa?

I'm bumping this up to show off the latest Randall I received. It's a Model 12 - 8" Bear Bowie. No.

Dang, you're starting to get a good Randall collection, Rob_Frey. Nice.

Dusty
09-07-2013, 14:31
Que pasa?

PM coming when I hash out what kind of handle I want, but I like the blade shape...

Rob_Frey
09-08-2013, 13:42
PM coming when I hash out what kind of handle I want, but I like the blade shape...

I know how you feel, that's what attracted me to this knife too.

Rob_Frey
09-11-2013, 14:15
Que pasa?

Dang, you're starting to get a good Randall collection, Rob_Frey. Nice.

In 2016 my shop ordered knives will start to show up, then the military models will be here.

Rob_Frey
01-15-2014, 17:45
Here is the latest addition to my Randall collection. It's a Model 4-4 1/2", a skinner, in a fighter configuration. I wanted to create a small, but not too small, knife for concealed carry.

Model 4 – 4 1/2”
+Stainless Steel Blade
+Nickel Silver Double Hilt
+Aluminum/Black Spacers
+Maroon Micarta
+Teardrop Shaped Handle

I plan on making a kydex sheath for it.