PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Holds First Gay Pride Event

SF18C
06-27-2012, 17:07
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/06/27/pentagon-holds-first-gay-pride-event.html?comp=1198882887570&rank=9

Well that didn't take long! A fine day for the Marines!

“Repeatedly, we heard servicemembers express the view that open homosexuality would lead to widespread and overt displays of feminine behavior among men; homosexual promiscuity; harassment and unwelcome advancement within units; invasions of personal privacy; and an overall erosion of standard of conduct, unit cohesion and morality.”

While there have been a few incidents, Johnson said, repeal has actually played out better than Pentagon and administration officials anticipated, with no risk to mission readiness.

Time to celebrate!!!!

Eagle5US
06-27-2012, 17:53
While there have been a few incidents, Johnson said, repeal has actually played out better than Pentagon and administration officials anticipated, with no risk to mission readiness.

No doubt proudly stated by someone so far from the mission that his words are absolutely meaningless:rolleyes:

Richard
06-27-2012, 19:04
Might be more accurate to say first "open" gay pride event - just sayin'...

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Dusty
06-27-2012, 19:35
lol Why does it make homosexuals proud to be gay, anyway?

F.ck, everything's legal now; why keep protesting and parading and shit?

Women don't still hold suffrage parades...

I think more than a few supposedly "gay" people just do it to belong to a sassy group of chronic protesters.

aegisnavy
06-27-2012, 23:27
lol Why does it make homosexuals proud to be gay, anyway?

F.ck, everything's legal now; why keep protesting and parading and shit?

Women don't still hold suffrage parades...

I think more than a few supposedly "gay" people just do it to belong to a sassy group of chronic protesters.

Maybe because wearing silver spandex jock straps, angel wings, and silver painted combat boots is only fun in the parade/protest march environment.:rolleyes:

Mills
06-28-2012, 01:50
Im wondering how it is going to play out when mandatory briefings on Gay pride and Homosexuality awareness are mandated during the month of June. With such events being pushed as "mandatory attendance" or "max participation".

greenberetTFS
06-28-2012, 05:37
This whole situation really sucks,and as Dusty said why are they still beating the drums?.:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

greenberetTFS
07-02-2012, 09:07
Interesting quote.........:(

When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,then it became optional, and now it's legal. I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

Gunnery Sergeant Harry Berres, USMC

Big Teddy :munchin