PDA

View Full Version : China Shenzhou-9 spacecraft makes first manual docking

Pete
06-24-2012, 07:38
China Shenzhou-9 spacecraft makes first manual docking

Q - What's the difference between the US and Chinese Space programs?

A - They have a manned space program.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-18567115

"China has successfully completed its first ever manual docking of a spacecraft with another space module.

Astronauts on the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft docked with the Tiangong-1 lab module without relying on an automated system.

State television broadcast images of Jing Haipeng, Liu Wang and China's first female astronaut, Liu Yang, smiling after completing the exercise.........................."

MtnGoat
06-24-2012, 12:33
Great for them. Next they will females going to their Ranger school.

China just got into the space race in the last ten years. They ICBM and just now getting into the space race? Why? What's the need? What's next? Why a space station now?

Pete
06-24-2012, 12:39
The moon, baby, the moon.

Yeah, we've BTDT but NASA will not do it again.

The next goodly number of smiling faces looking down at earth from the moon will be Chinese.

Kyobanim
06-24-2012, 18:33
We have just about lost the high ground, and the benefits and resources that come with it.

SF_BHT
06-24-2012, 19:33
The moon, baby, the moon.

Yeah, we've BTDT but NASA will not do it again.

The next goodly number of smiling faces looking down at earth from the moon will be Chinese.

Well if they do it is so the space station can have Takeout:p

twistedsquid
06-24-2012, 19:42
i think its easier to blow up the moon than have the moon blow us up...

head
06-24-2012, 19:44
Chinese are late bloomers. I remember the first time I docked with a module... :cool:

Penn
06-24-2012, 19:50
Chinese are late bloomers. I remember the first time I docked with a module...

Only someone with that call sign can make that statement.

Sigaba
06-24-2012, 19:51
Twenty minutes after making its first manual docking, the PRC ordered the crew of the Shenzhou-9 to repeat the process.

In a press release, Wu Ping, a spokesperson for the PRC's space program said, "After reflection, we realized that we just weren't satisfied."

Peregrino
06-24-2012, 20:36
i think its easier to blow up the moon than have the moon blow us up...

I recommend Robert Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". It might change your mind.

PSM
06-24-2012, 21:33
Well if they do it is so the space station can have Takeout:p

Moon glow gai pan. :D

Pat

Sdiver
06-24-2012, 22:05
Ummmm .... Did Russia recover ALL the dogs they sent into space, back in the 50's and 60's ???? :confused:

Someone better call the ISS and tell them NOT to order any take-out that contains "meat". :eek:

:munchin: <------ order the Flied Lice instead.

SF_BHT
06-25-2012, 06:32
Moon glow gai pan. :D

Pat

Well the Guys at the ISS can get delivery since they are so good at manual docking. I wonder if you get free fortune cookies with your order :cool: