PDA

View Full Version : Special Forces of the 60's........

greenberetTFS
06-16-2012, 17:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9svCNjo5T1w

This is a different one,just for you FOG's who graduated in the 60's.......:lifter :lifter :lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

aegisnavy
06-16-2012, 18:01
Made me hungry for some BBQ iguana :D

VVVV
06-17-2012, 10:23
Those Jump School scenes are really old. I went through in 66 and it had changed a lot by then. No blackhats? When did they stop wearing the Ridgeway caps? There were high mounds at the end of the cables from the 34' towers.

We jumped from aircraft (or birds) not aeroplanes!!:D

greenberetTFS
06-17-2012, 10:33
Those Jump School scenes are really old. I went through in 66 and it had changed a lot by then. No blackhats? When did they stop wearing the Ridgeway caps? There were high mounds at the end of the cables from the 34' towers.

We jumped from aircraft (or birds) not aeroplanes!!

I did jump school in 1955 at Ft. Bragg,but graduated SFTG in 1964,wish I could have had the "Tower" experience.....:cool: There was no official SF training in the 50's........;) The job I hated most at jump school was "rope man".....:(

SPEC4
06-17-2012, 12:16
Take up the slack rope man !!! Rope man, Take up the slack !:lifter

ZonieDiver
06-17-2012, 12:21
Benning. BAC. 34 ft tower. Late June. Rope Man.

It still makes me shudder....

greenberetTFS
06-17-2012, 12:37
Benning. BAC. 34 ft tower. Late June. Rope Man.

It still makes me shudder....

Zonie

Didn't you also do the Tower training?.........:rolleyes:

ZonieDiver
06-17-2012, 12:44
Zonie

Didn't you also do the Tower training?.........:rolleyes:

BT,

I did it ALL... and liked it SO much that I asked if I could stay for another three weeks and get five more jumps.

I think it was "rolling" through the showers, and then doing situps in the sawdust pit that I liked the most. That kind of stuck with you all day! :D

greenberetTFS
06-17-2012, 12:55
QUOTE=ZonieDiver

BT,

I did it ALL... and liked it SO much that I asked if I could stay for another three weeks and get five more jumps.

I think it was "rolling" through the showers, and then doing situps in the sawdust pit that I liked the most. That kind of stuck with you all day!

Airborne.......:lifter :lifter :lifter

cedsall
06-17-2012, 13:48
I think it was "rolling" through the showers, and then doing situps in the sawdust pit that I liked the most. That kind of stuck with you all day! :D

I went to JS in Aug/Sep 78. Women had been integrated into the program for a couple of years. It was a good deal in the sense that you didn't have to waste your money going downtown for the wet t-shirt contest.

Now that I think about it, there were topless dancers in the NCO clubs so I guess it didn't make any difference...