View Full Version : Major General DUI Case

Richard
06-16-2012, 08:51
Another morale booster for the troops. :rolleyes:

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

2-Star Fined In Vegas DUI Case
AFTimes, 14 June 2012

A two-star general who received a top assignment at Air Force Materiel Command six weeks after being arrested on drunken driving charges will pay a fine and spend no additional time in jail.

Maj. Gen. David W. Eidsaune pleaded no contest — in which the defendant neither admits nor denies guilt — during an appearance in municipal court May 13 in Henderson, Nev., a Las Vegas suburb. The judge ordered Eidsaune to pay $577, attend driving school, attend a victim-impact panel and undergo a chemical dependence assessment. The general also received a sentence of 60 days; all but two of the days were suspended, and he received time-served credit for those two days.

If he fulfills the terms of his sentence, the drunken driving charge will be reduced to reckless driving, assistant city attorney Dave Mincavage said.

Eidsaune — then AFMC’s director of air, space and information operations based at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio — was pulled over shortly before midnight Feb. 9. A Henderson police officer arrested him after observing Eidsaune driving a black Kia erratically and traveling 35 mph in a 45 mph zone, according to the arrest report. Two breath samples registered at 0.181 percent and 0.174 percent. The legal limit in Nevada is 0.08 percent.

AFMC announced March 19 that Eidsaune would take over as director of strategic plans, programs and analyses, and of Develop and Sustain Warfighting Systems at Wright-Patterson.

Eidsaune will not face a court-martial, and his plea apparently did not affect his standing at AFMC.

“[AFMC commander Gen. Donald Hoffman] took the appropriate action at the time,” an AFMC spokeswoman said. She would not elaborate on what action was taken.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/05/airforce_dui_051410/

greenberetTFS
06-16-2012, 09:01
Another morale booster for the troops. :rolleyes:

And so it goes...

2-Star Fined In Vegas DUI Case
AFTimes, 14 June 2012

A two-star general who received a top assignment at Air Force Materiel Command six weeks after being arrested on drunken driving charges will pay a fine and spend no additional time in jail.

Maj. Gen. David W. Eidsaune pleaded no contest — in which the defendant neither admits nor denies guilt — during an appearance in municipal court May 13 in Henderson, Nev., a Las Vegas suburb. The judge ordered Eidsaune to pay $577, attend driving school, attend a victim-impact panel and undergo a chemical dependence assessment. The general also received a sentence of 60 days; all but two of the days were suspended, and he received time-served credit for those two days.

If he fulfills the terms of his sentence, the drunken driving charge will be reduced to reckless driving, assistant city attorney Dave Mincavage said.

Eidsaune — then AFMC’s director of air, space and information operations based at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio — was pulled over shortly before midnight Feb. 9. A Henderson police officer arrested him after observing Eidsaune driving a black Kia erratically and traveling 35 mph in a 45 mph zone, according to the arrest report. Two breath samples registered at 0.181 percent and 0.174 percent. The legal limit in Nevada is 0.08 percent.

AFMC announced March 19 that Eidsaune would take over as director of strategic plans, programs and analyses, and of Develop and Sustain Warfighting Systems at Wright-Patterson.

Eidsaune will not face a court-martial, and his plea apparently did not affect his standing at AFMC.

“[AFMC commander Gen. Donald Hoffman] took the appropriate action at the time,” an AFMC spokeswoman said. She would not elaborate on what action was taken.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/05/airforce_dui_051410/

I doubt If an NCO would have gotten that same treatment............:eek:

Big Teddy :munchin

sinjefe
06-16-2012, 09:04
Doubt?

MR2
06-16-2012, 10:16
I HATE double-standards. :mad:

Team Sergeant
06-16-2012, 17:22
I HATE double-standards. :mad:

Kinda like of one our own generals as I recall.....he got two or three DUI's and still wrote letters of reprimand to enlisted soldiers....:munchin

glebo
06-17-2012, 04:09
Kinda like of one our own generals as I recall.....he got two or three DUI's and still wrote letters of reprimand to enlisted soldiers....:munchin

You got that right....but we wont mention Guests name.....:eek:

s
06-17-2012, 09:59
He's a general officer, of course he got his own tailored enforcement of the UCMJ. For that matter, he might even have clocked the arresting officer and get away with just a smack on the pee-pee...
A clear case of double standards. They exist, they've always have and always will. Life ain't fair... :(
In almost 9 years of dealinjg with all sorts of DUIs, the highest rank I've seen gettin in trouble for it were O-5. One navy and one USAF, different cases.
We once busted a captain but to my knowledge it didn't go anywhere.

BKKMAN
06-17-2012, 10:26
:confused:The O/WO vs. NCO disparity isn't just for DUIs...look at what the 173d CDR got vs. what an NCO would have received for fraud, adultery, bigamy, conduct unbecoming, etc.

The Reaper
06-17-2012, 17:48
The former 7th Group Commander didn't get much slack when he got arrested at MacDill.

If anything, they made an example of him.

TR

MR2
06-17-2012, 18:52
I was taught that an officer was to be an example or be prepared to be made one.

Pericles
06-18-2012, 13:48
I was taught that an officer was to be an example or be prepared to be made one.

That is so old school.

mojaveman
06-18-2012, 17:55
You got that right....but we wont mention Guests name.....:eek:

Before or after he was our Group Commander? Maybe he picked up a beer drinking habit while he was in Bad Tolz. :D :p

Richard
06-18-2012, 19:08
Before or after he was our Group Commander? Maybe he picked up a beer drinking habit when he was in Bad Tolz. :D :p

Before he came to us in Tölz to replace LTC Sutton, he was in the DAO in Vienna - he drank a few biers there, too. I suspect it had started a long time before that, though.

Just sayin'...

And so it goes...

Box
06-19-2012, 03:58
As long as the good MG was not wearing any morale patches on his uniform, or a baseball hat he should be good to go...

...otherwise this seems like a minor infraction