PDA

View Full Version : Awards Blade 2012

Bill Harsey
06-10-2012, 11:19
At Blade Show in Atlanta one of the big events is the annual Awards Dinner.
For those not tracking this is the largest knife show in the world, it's like SHOT Show for the knife and tool industry only.

That said, a huge well deserved congratulations for one of professionalsoldiers own, knifemaker Kit Carson for being named into the Knifemakers Hall of Fame last night!
This is a lifetime achievement award given out to only one person per year.

Way to go Kit!

Other friends of the community...

Chris Reeve Knives won "highest quality manufacturer in the industry award" ...again. I think they should just make Chris Reeve ineligible and call it the Chris Reeve Award, he's won that so many times. ;)

Ken Onion, (friend of mine and many others) for Best Imported Knife of the Year! Way to go ken!

Most Innovative American Design, Spyderco for the Autonomy folding knife. Well done Sal! I want to see that knife too.

If I have made any errors or omissions, please advise.

*Kit Carson is the first member of professionalsoldiers inducted in the Knifemaking Hall of Fame but not the first soldier. Kit is preceded by at least Al Mar and Col. Rex Applegate.

Kit says drinks are on him. :D

Bill Harsey
06-10-2012, 11:32
it should be noted that Sal, the owner and founder of Spyderco was inducted into the Knifemakers Hall of Fame in 2000.

I was there and should have remembered. (sorry)

There is some serious knife industry accomplishment around this joint.
Stand by, we aint done yet.

Peregrino
06-10-2012, 11:43
A heartfelt congratulations for the deserving winners. I'll make a point to lift a glass for Chris, Kit, and "Company" this evening. Wish life hadn't interfered and more of us could have been there to witness their triumphs.

Dusty
06-10-2012, 13:22
Congrats, guys! :lifter

x SF med
06-21-2012, 15:22
The Hawaiian Haole Honcho done good...

Nice going Kit.

And who will argue that Chris has very high manufacturing standards? Not TR, Peregrino or me... we had our Sebenzas taken from us at SHOT because Chris wasn't happy with the manufacture and wear.

Congrats to all.

Team Sergeant
06-21-2012, 17:15
Well done gent's! Congrats Kit!

Barbarian
06-21-2012, 19:15
Congratulations!!!:lifter:lifter

Buffalobob
07-02-2012, 08:32
That said, a huge well deserved congratulations for one of professionalsoldiers own, knifemaker Kit Carson for being named into the Knifemakers Hall of Fame last night!
This is a lifetime achievement award given out to only one person per year.

I have a couple of his knives and there are three or four others that I used to have laying around in the woods somewhere. :D

sal
07-06-2012, 09:11
Thanx much Bill.

sal

Bill Harsey
07-12-2012, 07:27
Thanx much Bill.

sal

Sal,
Your most welcome.

Gypsy
07-12-2012, 18:38
Congrats, Gentlemen!

greenberetTFS
07-13-2012, 13:13
Congrats to all of you,your all winners in my book.........:lifter:lifter:lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

Kit Carson
07-15-2012, 20:23
Thanks, guys.

My marriage to Ms Betty, the birth of my children, and this induction into the Hall of Fame are the 3 most important events of my life.

It is a real honor to be in this group of my heroes that I've looked up for decades.