PDA

View Full Version : Recent Encounter in Texas

Scamilton
06-04-2012, 11:44
I was down in Texas visiting my family this past week and decided to go to Panera Bread for lunch with my mom in the Keller / Watauga area. While there, I met a gentleman who had a service dog with him. Him and the dog both did some sort of volunteer work that raised money and awareness for the Wounded Warriors' Foundation.

Upon talking to him, he told me had served for 35 years. Some of his time was with Special Forces and he finished his career working at the Pentagon. I am going to assume the statements about his career were honest and genuine, because he did seem like a very nice guy, and was still involved with helping the military during retirement.

Not sure if it was any of you QPs here that I met, and wished me luck on the Q course, but I just wanted to say thanks again for the well wishes.

Quaker
08-06-2012, 20:54
That's pretty awesome. I was around service dogs in training a lot as a kid. It's amazing how well behaved a dog can become.

Always glad to see people support wounded warriors. Also, good luck escaping Kansas.

Buffalobob
08-07-2012, 13:41
Met two ex SF RVN vets Saturday at Quantico Range 4. One of them was a collector of military rifles and was shooting with a Russian sniper rifle. Other one was an old 10th Group guy who was there around 68-69 and left for RVN just before I arrived. He had served as the Recon Plt leader with the 25th Inf down south. I thought that was amazing how SF 2Lts wound up running recon platoons.