PDA

View Full Version : Frank Leonberger SFA Chapter 37......

greenberetTFS
06-03-2012, 10:46
Frank Leonberger

Late yesterday Bruce Larsen called to inform me that FRANK LEONBERGER had passed away earlier in the day. He died of a heart attack. Frank was 72 years old. He served with the 12th and was in the aviation unit.
Services and burial will be held on Monday in Lafayette, LA. His wife passed away several years ago........

SPECIAL FORCES ASSOCIATION - CHAPTER XXXVII June 3, 2012
Attached is the obituary of long-time member of the 12th Group and our chapter, CW4 Frank Leonberger, who passed away on Friday. He sent me the following message back in January regarding John's 90th birthday party:

"I wish I could make it but I live in Louisiana, John and I go back many years. I was a pilot assigned to the 12th and most of your older members remember me, myself and Wendell were the only pilots who had jump wings as we both started out as enlisted members of the 12th. If you can tell John Happy Birthday from me." Frank.

Obituary for Frank C. Leonberger
Funeral services will be held on Monday, June 4, 2012 at an 11:00 AM Service in Martin & Castille's La Fleur de Lis Chapel in Lafayette, for Frank C. Leonberger, age 72, who died on Friday, June 1, 2012 at 12:08 AM at Lafayette General Medical Center.

Interment will be in Lafayette Memorial Park Cemetery.

Reverend Robert McConathy with Lighthouse Community Church in Berwick, Louisiana will conduct the funeral services.

Survivors include one daughter, Rhonda McCormick and her husband, Shane, of Lafayette; two sons, Robert Leonberger and his wife, Jennifer, of Nashville, Tennessee and Ronald Leonberger and his wife, Radona, of Crowley, Louisiana; eight grandchildren, Christopher Leonberger, Phoebe Leonberger, Noah Leonberger, Ethan McCormick, Maggie McCormick, Kyla Leonberger, Delaney Leonberger and David Leonberger; and one sister, Helen Workman and her husband, Lee, of Los Manos, California.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Carol Ann Leonberger, his parents, Arlie Weldon Leonberger and the former, Ida Cook; a sister, Emma Milligan; two brothers, Arlie Leonberger and Walter Leonberger and one grandson, Joshua Leonberger.

Born on March 9, 1940 and a native of Cave-In-Rock, Illinois, Mr. Leonberger resided in Lafayette, Louisiana for twenty eight years. He was a veteran of military service, having proudly served his country as a member of the 12th Special Forces Group, US Army Ranger, Jump Master, Instructor Pilot and retired from the United States Department of the Army. He was also a member of the Hope Masonic Lodge #145 of Lafayette as a 32nd degree Mason, Shriner and Jester. He was an avid member of the local Harley Davidson Owners Group and a member of the Outlaws Travel Group. Frank loved playing golf and telling jokes. He was a loving husband, dedicated father and grandfather, devoted brother and uncle and will be dearly missed by everyone.

The family would like to extend special thanks to Frieda Simon for making the last four years of Frank's life very special.

Pallbearers will be Shane McCormick, Troy Bourque, Ronald Leonberger, Christopher Leonberger, Robert Leonberger and Nicholas Basey.

The family requests that visitation be observed in Martin & Castille's SOUTHSIDE location on Sunday from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM and on Monday from 9:00 AM until time of service.

View the obituary and guestbook online at www.mourning.com

Martin & Castille-SOUTHSIDE-600 E. Farrel Rd., Lafayette, LA 70508, 337-984-2811

Goodbye old friend,blue skys and safe landings.... Big Teddy

Gone,but not forgotten.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw - Cached

God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.....:(

He was just a simple soldier and his ranks are growing thin
But his presence should remind us; we may need his like again,
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.
If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.......:(
Perhaps just a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY. (author unknown)

The passing of our soldiers often go unnoticed and unsung by most of the world, remembered only by family and friends. Wish it were not so. May he RIP, his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.........:(

I realize it's a Canadian song,however I believe most appropriate for this occasion...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkgV5bl7kQ

Big Teddy

Red Flag 1
06-03-2012, 18:43
Rest In God's Peace Warrior.

JJ_BPK
06-03-2012, 18:44
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios..