PDA

View Full Version : A suicide truck bomber attacked FOB Salerno!!

MtnGoat
06-01-2012, 12:18
A suicide truck bomber attacked a US-run base on Friday, sparking clashes ... checkpost of Forward Operating Base Salerno.

http://m.dailystar.com.lb/Article.aspx?id=175392

Hope everyone is safe and doing good. Shoot the Fu@@$#er in their faces!!

Badger52
06-01-2012, 16:43
Damn, that was daughter's previous FOB before heading south to some joint Aussie thing. Sounds like the knuckleheads got the bad end of it, including some premature vest detonations, which sure the hell works for me. Thanks for posting that.

JAP
06-01-2012, 16:51
Gentlemen,

As this is an urgent request, I will save the chit chat for a later time. My sister in law was injured in the attack on Salerno. She was well enough to call her parents (dad is a circuit Judge and mom is a State Representative) and let them know she survived the attack. Since then, obviously, the whole family has been looking for as much information as possible. Her Army contract ended over 2 years ago and she has been, well, a "civilian" employee since then. As she is not an Army employee, she was taken to a civilian run hospital in Kabul. If any of you fine men or women have any information about the attack, where she could have possibly been taken, POC for a medical facility or anything else, we would all be eternally grateful for just a little more peace of mind. I am happy to provide additional info, verify the story somehow, whatever it takes. If you can help, I will be online. Thank you.