PDA

View Full Version : Mindset, this guy has it.

Team Sergeant
06-01-2012, 11:44
Police laud 'hero' in Seattle shootings
Published June 01, 2012
FoxNews.com

SEATTLE – The man had been banned from the artsy Seattle cafe for acting out, but he showed up anyway and tried to place an order. After the barista declined to serve him, he stood up, took out a gun and began shooting as people scrambled for cover.

One man tried to stop him.

Grabbing the only weapons at hand — bar stools — he tossed them at the gunman, even as the man aimed at him, Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel said Thursday after reviewing surveillance video of the massacre. The tactic created enough of a delay in the shooting that two or three other customers managed to escape.

"My brother died in the World Trade Center," the man, identified as Lawrence Adams, later told police. After his brother's death, he said, he resolved that if something like this ever happened, "I would never hide under a table."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01/police-laud-hero-in-seattle-shootings/?test=latestnews#ixzz1wZ4KFa54

aegisnavy
06-01-2012, 12:31
After his brother's death, he said, he resolved that if something like this ever happened, "I would never hide under a table."

Bravo Zulu, Mr. Adams. You are my kind of hero. RIP to the fallen.

Destrier
06-01-2012, 12:33
The right mindset, but piss poor prior planning.

The right weapon at hand should have been a .45

Only person in that cafe armed was the bad guy.

DIYPatriot
06-01-2012, 13:16

Spot on! My wife and I carry. We actually had to stop going to our favorite local restaurant, out of principle (and potentially safety), because they banned guns on their premises. That always blows my mind when a restaurant does that. Bad guys are going to arm themselves regardless of a posted sign or law. I'm not so sure that I want to visit a place where law abiding citizens are banned from carrying (Yes, I'm talking to you, too, Illinois and NY).

XavierR
06-01-2012, 13:26

The cafe in question is also a bar. WA law prohibits carring fire arms in bars/night clubs.

Destrier
06-01-2012, 13:33
The cafe in question is also a bar. WA law prohibits carring fire arms in bars/night clubs.

So how did that work out?

aegisnavy
06-01-2012, 13:46
“If trouble comes when you least expect it then maybe the thing to do is to always expect it.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

chance
06-01-2012, 15:11
Bad things happen to good people, at the worst possible time. So always be ready for it.

Geenie
06-01-2012, 16:18
Ian Stawicki, 40, had suffered from mental illness for years and gotten "exponentially" more erratic
[...]
Stawicki obtained a concealed weapons permit in 2010 from the Kittitas County sheriff's office.

Don't know the details of the story, but, generally speaking, the two bolded parts probably shouldn't be able to go together.

What a tragedy for the victim's families. Always dumbfounds me, the amount of havoc one crazy person can wreak on the lives of many innocent people in a short amount of time.