PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Commencement Address, by Neal Boortz

JJ_BPK
05-27-2012, 16:47
If only we could get more to listen..

It's long, so I am not going to list the complete speech..

Neal Boortz is a Texan, a lawyer, a Texas Aggie (Texas A&M) graduate, and now a nationally syndicated talk show host from Atlanta . His commencement address to the graduates of a recent Texas A&M class is far different from what either the students or the faculty expected. Whether you agree or disagree, his views are certainly thought provoking.

“I am honored by the invitation to address you on this august occasion. It’s about time. Be warned, however, that I am not here to impress you; you’ll have enough smoke blown up your bloomers today. And you can bet your tassels I’m not here to impress the faculty and administration. You may not like much of what I have to say, and that’s fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

This gowned gaggle behind me is your faculty. You’ve heard the old saying that those who can – do. Those who can’t – teach. That sounds deliciously insensitive. But there is often raw truth in insensitivity, just as you often find feel-good falsehoods and lies in compassion. Say good-bye to your faculty because now you are getting ready to go out there and do. These folks behind me are going to stay right here and teach.

By the way, just because you are leaving this place with a diploma doesn’t mean the learning is over. When an FAA flight examiner handed me my private pilot’s license many years ago, he said, “Here, this is your ticket to learn.” The same can be said for your diploma. Believe me, the learning has just begun.

Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you’re a compassionate and caring person, aren’t you now? Well, isn’t that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

Over the next few years, as you begin to feel the cold breath of reality down your neck, things are going to start changing pretty fast… Including your own assessment of just how much you really know.

So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality: Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then, compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

continued:

http://theghostfighters.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/texas-am-commencement-address-the-students-gave-a-standing-ovation-the-faculty-were-deathly-silent/

greenberetTFS
05-27-2012, 17:04
If only we could get more to listen..

It's long, so I am not going to list the complete speech..

I concur.......:(

Big Teddy :munchin

cbtengr
05-27-2012, 18:57
Great speech wish I were so eloquent,and he is not saying anything that I do not agree with but if you go to the link and read the comments following the speech you will find that the speech was not actually given at Texas A&M. IMHO it needs to be given everywhere.

http://www.boortz.com/videos/news/neal-boortz-faux-commencement-speech/vWz/

Neal Boortz Faux Commencement Speech

Neal didn’t deliver this for a commencement but he did deliver it to a happy crowd at Kennesaw State University all to benefit Make A Wish Foundation May 20, 2009.

Comment by Fan The Fire — May 26, 2012 @ 3:36 am

Don ‘t believe everything you read on the internet!! See Comment #13….this was not an actual commencement speech.

MtnGoat
05-27-2012, 19:08
Great post.. Thx

Scimitar
05-27-2012, 22:42
* Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour. The winners drive home in the dark.

I liked this one

:D

S